The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registration profile setup

3 posters

Go down

Registration profile setup Empty Registration profile setup

Post by coaster November 27th 2007, 10:00 pm

In Admin/General/Profiles/Profiles Options there are a number of fields that can be opted to be in the member's profile (or not) and whether they're compulsory for registration and displayed (or not). The field "Label 2" defaults to website address, HOWEVER, if I use the label for something else, say, "Real Name" for example, this particular field on the registration form STILL says "This field must contain an internet address." I suggest removing that statement from the registration form, if possible, so that field can be used for whatever purpose admin wants to use it for. Thanks.... Smile
coaster
coaster
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Registration profile setup Empty Re: Registration profile setup

Post by Har Dy November 27th 2007, 10:09 pm

I think is it.
Har Dy
Har Dy
Forumember

Male Posts : 693
Language : English , Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemania November 28th 2007, 11:14 am

you must un tick the box saying,
"compulsary for registration"
in
admin panel > general > profiles.

you can change any of the profiles to anything else as long as you SAVE it when you finish.

i have changed them to

phone make / model
home town.
etc.

but the "WWW" profile is handy for people to add a link to there website instead of spamming your forum.

it gives your members an option to add it or not to.
mobilemania
mobilemania

Male Posts : 20

http://www.series60-v3.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coaster November 28th 2007, 2:36 pm

No, I'm sorry, that didn't work. I unchecked "compulsory for registration" (which removes that field from the registration form) and then I filled in something in the user profile while logged in as a test user and it STILL says underneath the text box for that field on the user's profile page "This field must contain an internet address" (Maybe I didn't make myself clear -- this problem exists only on the user's profile INPUT page -- it doesn't exist when another member views that user's profile)
coaster
coaster
Forumember

Back to top Go down