The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ban Private messaging Via a members IP?

Go down

Ban Private messaging Via a members IP? Empty Ban Private messaging Via a members IP?

Post by Guest December 20th 2007, 7:23 pm

Hi, I have been looking for a facility in the admin panel, to ban members from using private messaging via their IP address,

I know you can ban a member from the forum via their IP, just not sure about the messaging facility.

Can you advise please

Thank you Maggie

Back to top Go down

Ban Private messaging Via a members IP? Empty Re: Ban Private messaging Via a members IP?

Post by Luky December 20th 2007, 7:26 pm

You can either got to admin panel=> Users & Groups=>Users and choose the member you want by clicking on his name and to the bottom of the page you will see this option "Can send Private Messages :" Chose no and you're done. Or you can go to that members profile in the form and click profile info and then repeat the step above.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Ban Private messaging Via a members IP? Empty Re: Ban Private messaging Via a members IP?

Post by Guest December 20th 2007, 7:29 pm

Hi, thank you for your reply, however I do know about doing that. I was told by someone that I could ban by their IP address. I thought I would check it out.
Thank you. Maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky December 20th 2007, 7:33 pm

Well you can ban members from there IP addresses. Go to admin panel=>Users & Groups=>Users=>Ban control. From there type the ip address you want to ban but banning by Ip's could cause other problems to members who have the same ISP(internet Service Provider) as the one you banned since there IP addresses are similar.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2007, 11:43 pm

Thank you. Maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky December 20th 2007, 11:44 pm

You're welcome Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down