The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum under daily maintenance

+3
Empire_1
Legend™
Mercy
7 posters

Go down

Solved Forum under daily maintenance

Post by Mercy July 7th 2012, 3:17 am

My forum constantly gets maintenance issues and it seems like it's happening more and more frequently. I don't get an explanation or exactly what is going on. I'm afraid our forums may experience some sort of damage.
Mercy
Mercy
Forumember

Female Posts : 25
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum under daily maintenance

Post by Legend™ July 7th 2012, 3:48 am

What exactly is your issue?
Legend™
Legend™
Forumember

Male Posts : 548
Language : Javascript, CSS, English

http://webgaming.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 July 7th 2012, 4:39 am

Mercy wrote:My forum constantly gets maintenance issues and it seems like it's happening more and more frequently. I don't get an explanation or exactly what is going on. I'm afraid our forums may experience some sort of damage.

Do you have a link to your forum?
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 7th 2012, 8:35 am

Hi!

Hmm, daily? A romanian forum had this problem too, but for 3 hours only. But I don't really understand why only some of forums get this. I never got this on my forum... And I had more than one forum, again, I never got the information tables about maintenance. It can be because the techinicians are doing some actions on this platform...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy July 7th 2012, 11:31 am

http://titans.7forum.net/

Here's the link to our forum. We're unsure of what the exact problem is, only that maintenance messages have been happening more frequently. The message is really vague; only says "We're under maintenance and will return shortly."

Wondering if this may cause future problems.
Mercy
Mercy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 7th 2012, 1:02 pm

Hi,

How often & what times are these maintenances occurring? How long has this been happening for now? 2 weeks?
It could be explained that you have some personal attention of our developers doing some maintenances themselves to your specific forum's coding.

It shouldn't be anything to worry too much about, but once we know the times, we can further investigate Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy July 8th 2012, 4:30 am

Alright, I'll keep an eye on the certain times when it occurs, I'll monitor it more closely. I can't say how long it's been happening, only that it's been bugging our members.
Mercy
Mercy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Ranger July 8th 2012, 3:50 pm

Right now, our forum (www.Tenerifesforumoffun.com) is showing as undergoing maintenance. Are you guys working on it?

Edit: I'm in now. Maintenance message gone. Very Happy
The Lone Ranger
The Lone Ranger
Forumember

Male Posts : 443

http://www.tenerifesforumoffun.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 8th 2012, 4:59 pm

Mercy wrote:Alright, I'll keep an eye on the certain times when it occurs, I'll monitor it more closely. I can't say how long it's been happening, only that it's been bugging our members.

How long ago did a member inform you about it, I mean. An aprox period of time is A-OK, it's just we need to know this to further troubleshoot it.

mermaid wrote:Right now, our forum (www.Tenerifesforumoffun.com) is showing as undergoing maintenance. Are you guys working on it?

Edit: I'm in now. Maintenance message gone. Very Happy

The maintenance screen also shows up for the backing up of your forum, usually is gone within 5 mins, great to hear its done for you Very Happy
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape July 8th 2012, 6:41 pm

The forum back up time is done about 12 midnight in the winter and 1AM in the summer in UK time GMT+1
so if you get this warning at this time this is why our forum's need to be backed up and the server have a lot to deal with when doing so.

If it's any time after that then it cold be the tech's are working on one of the servers we have.

But most work is only done on a week day as far as i know unless there is a problem then they will work at weekends to fix the problem fast..

As darren1 says if we can get a time slot on when this is done and a screen shot of the page you get then this will help our staff more to dealing with your problem at hand

Thanx

~Ape~ your friendly helper..... Forum under daily maintenance Ascaso

Forum under daily maintenance Left1212Forum under daily maintenance Center11Forum under daily maintenance Right112
Forum under daily maintenance Ape_b110
Forum under daily maintenance Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 8th 2012, 10:13 pm

Ape, believe it or not, but the backup system is running 24/7, everyone gets backed up at different times, and can sometimes be a fer hours different, due to an increase, or decrease of workload.

An example comparing your backup time, being at UK Midnight, I was getting backups at 3PM on the same day back home in Australia, which would be completely different to you at midnight.

However, the backups should only take no more then 5 mins, and an average of 3 mins per forum Wink

EDIT2: 11800th Post :wouhou:
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy July 12th 2012, 9:42 am

Hmm, well good news is, I haven't had a maintenance problem since I posted here. I suppose everything is good now. It was happening for about a whole week before I decided to come here and ask around. I'll keep an eye on the times if this occurs again.

For now, thanks for all the help and support. It's greatly appreciated from the members of our forums!
Mercy
Mercy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 12th 2012, 8:06 pm

Topic Solved & Locked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru