The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to set what options a moderator has

4 posters

Go down

In progress how to set what options a moderator has

Post by Flappypaddles July 23rd 2012, 7:36 pm

I only want moderators to be able to move or lock a thread and not be able to delete anything. can the icons for delete, merge split, basket etc be hidden from moderators?
I also dont want them to have access to the IP info or the delete post icon.
I don;t normally have mods but I am going on holiday for a while and need someone to keep an eye on things and move anything suspect to a hidden section if the need arises for me to deal with when I can log in.
Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: how to set what options a moderator has

Post by Empire_1 July 23rd 2012, 7:41 pm

Flappypaddles wrote:I only want moderators to be able to move or lock a thread and not be able to delete anything. can the icons for delete, merge split, basket etc be hidden from moderators?
I don;t normally have mods but I am going on holiday for a while and need someone to keep an eye on things and move anything suspect to a hidden section if the need arises for me to deal with when I can log in.

Hello,

Hide IP from mods:
ACP > Users & Usergroups > Special Rights > Set permissions for IP to "Administrator"

To edit moderating settings for mods, you need to go to ACP > General > Forums & Categories > Perms (of each forum)

Be sure the ACP mode is on "Advanced." Now edit the settings you wish the Moderators group to have or not have. Unfortunately, you'll need to repeat this action for every forum.

And you might also want to edit their ability to ban, if you haven't.
ACP > General > Securty > Disallow moderators to ban users

Wink
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by Flappypaddles July 23rd 2012, 10:02 pm

Empire_1 wrote:
Flappypaddles wrote:I only want moderators to be able to move or lock a thread and not be able to delete anything. can the icons for delete, merge split, basket etc be hidden from moderators?

Hello,

Hide IP from mods:
ACP > Users & Usergroups > Special Rights > Set permissions for IP to "Administrator"

To edit moderating settings for mods, you need to go to ACP > General > Forums & Categories > Perms (of each forum)

Be sure the ACP mode is on "Advanced." Now edit the settings you wish the Moderators group to have or not have. Unfortunately, you'll need to repeat this action for every forum.

And you might also want to edit their ability to ban, if you haven't.
ACP > General > Securty > Disallow moderators to ban users

Wink

thanks that works for viewing teh IP and removing posts, but is there any way that I can stop mods from splitting, merging and sending to the basket as well.
I really only want them to be able to move a thread
Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bizworldusagcm July 24th 2012, 9:16 am

nice post.

regards.
bizworldusa
bizworldusagcm

Language : java

Back to top Go down

Post by Base July 24th 2012, 1:07 pm

Hi, it's not possible to 'limit' what tools mods have access to. All mods will have access to all the tools and this cannot be changed sorry.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down