The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Esperanto language forum issues

Go down

Esperanto language forum issues Empty Esperanto language forum issues

Post by Esperantisto Wed 30 Jan 2008 - 11:23

Just done a nice Esperanto language forum... however, some of the coding is still in English. It says Member instead of Membro, and I can't find out if/where I can change that. Also it says:

Enregistru
You are not registered
Would you like to register ?

Also, it seems to have trouble displaying all the accents, even though they are Unicode so there shouldn't be a problem. I'm getting afi�?ojn where I should get afiŝojn, but Serĉu comes up fine. I've also got mesa�?on where I should have mesaĝon. "Ensalutigu min aŭtomate ĉiuvizite" is fine too.
I don't know if ĥ will come up because it's an accent that is not used very often, and I doubt it's in the code side of things. It should come up in the postings fine.

On a related note, is it possible to write a bit of code that turns c^ into ĉ, u^ into ŭ and so on. This is the way that other sites I've seen deal with the accents, so that would be useful. It's sometimes done with cx and ux, but seeing as some of this site is going to be in English I don't want to cause the English speakers more hassle!

Mil dankojn! (a thousand thanks ;-) )
Esperantisto

Language : English, Esperanto

Back to top Go down