The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+20
Dunggate
SLGray
kentar
Soulmonster
Katelea
mariosfish
musket
steventruman
_Twisted_Mods_
efbe
Ange Tuteur
Eugeo Igvalt
Mr.Slash
Glad E Olah
uncanny-illustrator
Kathryn K
Derri
Focusie
Asriel
brandon_g
24 posters

Forumotion white pages

brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

In progress Forumotion white pages

Post by brandon_g Wed 24 Dec - 23:53

First topic message reminder :

Hello,
    I just wanted to say that was crazy, you guys at forumotion need to fix your servers...  Almost if not all forumotion sites were just down for nearly an Hour On Christmas EVE?

I would like some answers as I am sure plenty of other forum owners would as well.

Thanks Brandon

P.S you should check the forumotion Facebook page if you do not believe me.

Last edited by brandon_g on Thu 25 Dec - 1:40; edited 1 time in total
    kentar

Language : Greek

In progress Re: Forumotion white pages

Post by kentar Thu 25 Dec - 17:04

My forum is not working at all.
    White page  bwi
    steventruman
    Forumember

Language : english

Post by steventruman Thu 25 Dec - 17:48

My forum is now working on on Internet explorer but still getting the White page on fire fox.
    This is very annoying as lots of my users use different servers and trying to explain this to several 100 members is quite a problem.
    I'm in the uk and as far as I know there haven't any tornados in Britain for quite a while!
    kentar

Language : Greek

Post by kentar Thu 25 Dec - 18:01

kentar wrote:My forum is not working at all.
    White page  bwi

Everything seems to be working ok now Very Happy
    Katelea
    Forumember

Post by Katelea Thu 25 Dec - 19:29

So frustrating, still just a blanc page! I think this might be Google related, not forumotion. Some of my book marks, open in the Google page "Tis the season"  instead of the link indicated.  Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Katelea on Thu 25 Dec - 19:34; edited 1 time in total
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51499

Post by SLGray Thu 25 Dec - 19:32

Try just entering your forum's link in the browser.

Forumotion white pages - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Katelea
    Forumember

Post by Katelea Thu 25 Dec - 19:36

I'll try that, thank you GLGray.
    Dunggate
    Forumember

Female Posts : 105

Post by Dunggate Thu 25 Dec - 20:15

I have joined this thread as my Forum was white page yesterday.
    I have tried again today, and same,it is now evening.  
    I managed to get up the skin using explorer by put address in the bar, but not able to post keep getting pop ups and McAfee saying whooo do you want to go there, I click to go but directed to adverts? It's now day two and unable to get in with Chrome I usually use without problem but now white page and Explorer no good either, even though got Forum page with many adds pop up and the page fold down bug unable to use.
    My Forum url 
    http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info/forum  

I have done a thorough scan and no problem my end able to get into other Forums ie. Photobucket, Face Book etc.
    I'm not P.C. Savvy, I've not downloaded anything or made any changes, Many people visit my Forum and I'm unable to post, so any help appreciated please if possible. Or are you working on this problem?
    Thank you
    Elaine aka Dunggate
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g Thu 25 Dec - 21:04

Dunggate wrote:I have joined this thread as my Forum was white page yesterday.
    I have tried again today, and same,it is now evening.  
    I managed to get up the skin using explorer by put address in the bar, but not able to post keep getting pop ups and McAfee saying whooo do you want to go there, I click to go but directed to adverts? It's now day two and unable to get in with Chrome I usually use without problem but now white page and Explorer no good either, even though got Forum page with many adds pop up and the page fold down bug unable to use.
    My Forum url 
    http://worldwidechristians.6forum.info/forum  

I have done a thorough scan and no problem my end able to get into other Forums ie. Photobucket, Face Book etc.
    I'm not P.C. Savvy, I've not downloaded anything or made any changes, Many people visit my Forum and I'm unable to post, so any help appreciated please if possible. Or are you working on this problem?
    Thank you
    Elaine aka Dunggate
    your forum is working fine for me right now... I am using Fire fox. May be try getting fire fox? But this issue is really weird, and thankfully it came back up quickly yesterday! hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

-brandon
    skidsolo
    Forumember

Post by skidsolo Thu 25 Dec - 21:10

I'm in the UK and my forum has been down now for approx 24hours.  http://skidsplace.forumotion.com/

I normaly use Firefox and I can get on by switching to IE but it's like wading through treacle over there.

Some of our USA members can get on bu tit seems most UK members can't.

I read above about 'clearing the 'casche' but I', an old geezer and haven't a clue how to do that. Could someone offer a step by step guide how to please.

I'd be most gratefull.

Cheers all.

Al.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g Thu 25 Dec - 21:27

This is for firefox:
    To clear the cache:
    [img]Forumotion white pages - Page 2 Print_10[/img]
    Then Click Clear History:
    [img]Forumotion white pages - Page 2 Screen13[/img]
    Then in the pop... uncheck everything but the chache (Otherwise your passwords, e-mails and websites will disappear as well)
    [img]Forumotion white pages - Page 2 Print_11[/img]

Click clear now.
    That is how you clear the cache Mozzila Firefox.
    Hope this helped,
    -Brandon

Forumotion white pages - Page 2 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Forumotion white pages - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Forumotion white pages - Page 2 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8711
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri Thu 25 Dec - 22:36

Hi,

I've had word that like others have discovered clearing the forum cache will get you back into your forum or others forums if you're still getting slow loading.

steventruman
    Forumember

Post by steventruman Thu 25 Dec - 23:56

24 hours later here in the uk my forum seems to be back to normal.I
    I havent cleared the cache btw.
    Katelea
    Forumember

Post by Katelea Fri 26 Dec - 1:21

I found the culprit for me. WinZip had imbedded itself on three of my browsers and was creating havoc. I sincerely hope your issue gets resolved guys. And thanks for your response Forumotion team.
    Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah
    Forumember

Female Posts : 216

Post by Glad E Olah Fri 26 Dec - 3:55

Working better now....I was advised to clear the history in firefox and that helped the problem.
    Soulmonster
    Forumember

Language : Norwegian

Post by Soulmonster Fri 26 Dec - 14:48

Clearing the cache only helps after Forumotion has fixed whatever caused the problem on their side. What I would appreciate would be some information on what happened and some reassurances from Forumotion that such server problems is a problem of the past, because as I have mentioned, in a few threads now, I have experienced lots of periods of "white pages" on my forums. I can understand this is a temporary issue if they are working on new servers, scaling up equipment, etc, but please let us know what is going on. I feel unprofessional when I can't tell my forum members what is going and reassure them that the problem is being solved. Now I just have to tell them that yes, the forum was down for two days, I don't know why, and I have no idea if this will happen again soon. Not very good when you are trying to establish a member base...

My last thread on this issue was noticed and got comments from admins/mods here about them having opened a ticket on the issue, but was then closed without any solution or explanation on what is going on. This sort of touches a separate issue where there seems to be a disjunct between the admins here and the guys that actually run the servers, with little communication, at least being disseminated to us members, and often the admins and mods themselves seem to be as lost as to what is going on. I think there should be much more clear communication from whoever works on Forumotion directly to the members, what is in store for the future (new improvements), and reports when servers go down and we experience down-time clearly explaining what went wrong and what has been done to correct the problem. I don't think this is asking too much when we actually pay for some of the services we receive.
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri Fri 26 Dec - 15:18

Hi,

I have small update,

As you know on the 24 December around 9pm GMT one of Datebase servers went down unexpectedly and within the hour the technicians were aware of this and within the next hour it was sorted. For those who then could not still get on I was told that it was a cache error in the browser that was causing people still not to get on and as I read here many people could get on again once they cleared their cache.

brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g Fri 26 Dec - 17:02

Derri wrote:Hi,

I have small update,

As you know on the 24 December around 9pm GMT one of Datebase servers went down unexpectedly and within the hour the technicians were aware of this and within the next hour it was sorted. For those who then could not still get on I was told that it was a cache error in the browser that was causing people still not to get on and as I read here many people could get on again once they cleared their cache.

Thanks for the update Derri, So their are on call admins then, i thought the server had just come back up on its own! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or whatever they celebrate.
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 6916
    Language : Greek, English

Post by TheCrow Fri 26 Dec - 17:32

Hello and Merry Christmas to all,

The Admins and the Technicians are not the same people. Technicians are the ones fixing issues such as slowdowns or server issues. Admins are the ones who will inform technicians about problems and they will have a look to that. Well at that hour some Technician must of noticed the problem and informed others to check it out so they would fix it asap. We must thank them because they are the one doing all that work to let us use our forums with the speed and the comfortableness we have now. Wink

Forumotion white pages - Page 2 Thecro10
    Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
    FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g Fri 26 Dec - 17:50

Luffy wrote:Hello and Merry Christmas to all,

The Admins and the Technicians are not the same people. Technicians are the ones fixing issues such as slowdowns or server issues. Admins are the ones who will inform technicians about problems and they will have a look to that. Well at that hour some Technician must of noticed the problem and informed others to check it out so they would fix it asap. We must thank them because they are the one doing all that work to let us use our forums with the speed and the comfortableness we have now.  Wink
    @Luffy

That is good to know, do you believe their is at least 1 technician in the office 24/7? If so, that makes me feel a bit more at ease! Happy Holidays - Brandon
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 6916
    Language : Greek, English

Post by TheCrow Fri 26 Dec - 18:15

They don't have to be at the office 24/7. That is not right for them. They are humans and they need some time to relax. But still i believe they can work from home if there is something so important to get fixed. So there is no need to worry about this.

Forumotion white pages - Page 2 Thecro10
    Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
    FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g Fri 26 Dec - 18:26

Luffy wrote:They don't have to be at the office 24/7. That is not right for them. They are humans and they need some time to relax. But still i believe they can work from home if there is something so important to get fixed. So there is no need to worry about this.
    @Luffy

I did not mean the SAME person, loul I meant do they switch out shifts and have A technician in the office 24/7. Razz

It is like the police or hospitals, 1 person goes home another takes his/her place! Razz
    Soulmonster
    Forumember

Language : Norwegian

Post by Soulmonster Fri 26 Dec - 19:26

I have small update,

Thanks for the information.

Was this the same problem that was haunting many forums, including one of mine, about a month ago? And if so, has that problem been resolved now?
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri Fri 26 Dec - 19:33

brandon_g wrote:

I have small update,

Thanks for the update Derri, So their are on call admins then, i thought the server had just come back up on its own! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or whatever they celebrate.

Essentially even at holiday times there is always a skeleton crew of technicians standing by in case of an emergency. Whether they are remote e.g. working at home and they notifications and then go into action or if they're present and in office I don't know but their is always people standing by in the event of a server problem, that I do know.

Soulmonster wrote:

I have small update,

Thanks for the information.

Was this the same problem that was haunting many forums, including one of mine, about a month ago? And if so, has that problem been resolved now?

I don't know if its related or not, that I can't confirm but hopefully the servers won't be crashing again.
    Dunggate
    Forumember

Female Posts : 105

In progress Thank You

Post by Dunggate Fri 26 Dec - 22:28

Happy Boxing Day.
    I have been busy catching up on a backlog of postings, hence a little late getting here to say a great big thank you, much appreciated,   Forumotion white pages - Page 2 1852325475 that my Forum is now running smoothly. salut
    Wishing everyone a blessed and trouble-free Happy New Year santa

Blessings Elaine aka Dunggate flower

Post by Guest Tue 30 Dec - 11:38

Another outage just now. Was this planned?

FM sites I was on:

fcnl.actieforum.com
    help.forumotion.com
    www.avacweb.com
    ondersteun.actieforum.com

They all went down.
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri Tue 30 Dec - 12:58

I think considering how short it could be multiple things ranging from the servers actually having a blip to internet troubles. I've been on these last two hours browsing constantly and I never ran into any issues. It must have just been a temporary problem. Nothing to worry about Very Happy
    Niko
    Niko
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 3235
    Language : English, Italian, French

Post by Niko Tue 30 Dec - 13:20

Hello @SamanthaS

sometimes "blackouts" can be caused by problems with your connection or by a huge request to the servers by javascript codes Wink

Have you tried with another browser? Usually they handle requests in different ways, so it can solve your problem if it's related to scripts

Have a nice day! :rose:

Post by Guest Tue 30 Dec - 13:57

Niko! wrote:Hello @SamanthaS

sometimes "blackouts" can be caused by problems with your connection or by a huge request to the servers by javascript codes Wink

Have you tried with another browser? Usually they handle requests in different ways, so it can solve your problem if it's related to scripts

Have a nice day! :rose:
    @Niko! Thanks for the suggestions. Cleared cache, ran CCleaner, tried IE and Chrome instead of FireFox, rebooted my laptop, nothing mattered. It still said "Maintenance 500 your site will be back shortly. Please, try in a few minutes". But evenmore, I wasn't the only one. People on my board experienced the same. My fast internet connection almost never fails on me, maybe once a year or so when our provider updates the router. If so, JS is causing this, which I don't think so, FM should look into this, I think, because we just swapped our sites to new equipment.

As for @Derri , I understand, but I was so surprised. It caught me right in the middle doing things in the ACP, and exactly the moment I hit the save button for CSS it all whited out. Yeah, it was only for 5 - 10 minutes or so, but still I didn't expect that to happen.
    Niko
    Niko
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 3235
    Language : English, Italian, French

Post by Niko Tue 30 Dec - 14:04

Does the message "Maintenance 500 your site will be back shortly. Please, try in a few minutes" occurs in particular pages, or just in random pages? :/

Post by Guest Tue 30 Dec - 14:08

Niko! wrote:Does the message "Maintenance 500 your site will be back shortly. Please, try in a few minutes" occurs in particular pages, or just in random pages? :/
    In all the pages. But that was a like 2 hrs ago. Everything's working smoothly again, now. Smile

Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep - 19:15