The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch replys as default option

3 posters

Go down

Watch replys as default option Empty Watch replys as default option

Post by brunus March 31st 2008, 3:24 pm

Hi,
isn't there any way to set the Watch this topic for replies as the default option for a user, usergroup or even a whole forum?
Personally I find pretty annoying and non-sensical to have to remember to activate this option each time. People posting a question are expecting an answer, so the default should be to be automatically notified any replies and the option not to be notified, and not viceversa, like it is the case now. Or am I overlooking something?

thanks,

Paolo
brunus
brunus

Language : Italian, English, French, Spanish, German

Back to top Go down

Watch replys as default option Empty Re: Watch replys as default option

Post by brunus April 14th 2008, 11:49 am

nobody answers?

brunus
brunus
brunus

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 April 14th 2008, 11:39 pm

In my eyes a user has to be notified if he wants to recieve automatic emails, I could also imagine, there is probably a juridical demand for this. Therefore I think the current standart is absolutely correct. Besides that, it's just one click for every user to enable automatic notification for each thread he posted in: "Profile >> Preferences >> Always notify me of replies".
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by brunus April 15th 2008, 2:00 pm

I hold my opinion, but still, I think that an admin should be entitled to decide which option to be the default one for his forum, at least.

brunus
brunus
brunus

Back to top Go down

Post by HwyStar June 30th 2008, 5:15 pm

I agree with you Brunus. Forums come and go and who can always remember to activate viewing a forum? Simple concept here and would be easy to program. Maybe using templates, you can reprogram the ability to have a new forum default to being watched? I don't know. Templates are not really documented anywhere in Forumotion that well.

Using another thought, give us a different Icon for watched or unwatched forums? Then we can see what is active or not active. This may be difficult to program using phpBB2, phpBB3, etc.
HwyStar
HwyStar

Male Posts : 18
Language : English

http://www.RenoBikeClub.com

Back to top Go down