The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch topic or watch forum is not working correctly

5 posters

Go down

Watch topic or watch forum is not working correctly Empty Watch topic or watch forum is not working correctly

Post by kjcad October 27th 2009, 6:20 pm

We are setting up a forum to replace an email list that has gotten too large to manage that way. We want everything functioning perfectly before we ask people to convert to the forum as they are used to not having to login in, getting a daily digest of postings and just sending an email to make a post.

We want it to be very easy for them to subscribe to a particular forum. I am having trouble in my testing with the "Watch" function.

I cleared my couple of watches out and then went to each forum (there are a dozen) and clicked to "start watching this forum". Then I went to my profile to check and what I saw was one TOPIC being watched and NO forums being watched.

So I cleared out my watch list in my profile again and then started to try to reset the watch on each forum. But when I look at each forum it says "Click to STOP watching" so the system has me watching it already but it is not showing in my profile.

Help please?????

Last edited by kjcad on October 27th 2009, 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
kjcad

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Watch topic or watch forum is not working correctly Empty Re: Watch topic or watch forum is not working correctly

Post by Tilum October 27th 2009, 10:25 pm

Hi,

That list is for watching topics only. Not watching forums, you will still get an email if a topic has been made to the forum Smile

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Watch topic or watch forum is not working correctly Empty Re: Watch topic or watch forum is not working correctly

Post by kjcad October 29th 2009, 5:05 am

Thanks for the reply.

So is there nowhere that I can see which forums I am watching?

Also is there a way to get just one email a day for whatever I am watching, a daily digest option???

Or will I get an email everytime someone posts on any forum or topic I am watching?
kjcad

Back to top Go down

Post by HavocPkz October 29th 2009, 8:59 pm

I think I'm understanding you correctly..
If you clicked to Watch every forum/topic, then every time someone posts in one of them you will get an e-mail confirming it.
HavocPkz
Forumember

Male Posts : 87

http://fablepkz.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 29th 2009, 9:02 pm

kjcad wrote:Thanks for the reply.

So is there nowhere that I can see which forums I am watching?

Profile>Topic is being watched tab.
Thats for threads.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by skyemoor March 4th 2010, 3:43 am

I'm finding that 'watching' a forum does not result in an email being sent to my email address when a new topic/post is posted to the forum. I tried this both as admin and as a user, on different forums with separate email addresses. Why is that?
skyemoor

Back to top Go down