The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for the support forum

2 posters

Go down

Suggestion for the support forum Empty Suggestion for the support forum

Post by JaneDoe July 15th 2021, 11:27 pm

I find it quite annoying how we get warned for double posting and it always being suggested we are bumping our topics. If you have valid additional info to add to a topic it is not bumping. It is adding additional information. Also it alerts people/members to the fact a new post with new content has been added to the topic. Editing a post does not show up and alert members. So many people will not check back and see the extra info added when we just edit and add on to an existing post.

Really why can't staff distinguish between people spamming a topic or bumping a topic, compared to adding additional info in an identifiable way to all members? Which is a new post!

I really wish this was amended and people stopped getting told off for it.

Thanks.

Edited to Add: The support forum is so quiet and I don't think this sort of treatment of customers helps (a lot of us pay so yes we are customers). From my experience this sort of rule kills forums. You will get people coming when desperate for help but no one will spend much time here otherwise. I don't know if that is what the company wants. Shame if it is. Yes I know most staff members are volunteers. That is caused by Forumotion and not the customers though. Most of us would probably agree they should pay you.

JaneDoe
JaneDoe
Forumember

Language : english

https://www.unofficialtownshipforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for the support forum Empty Re: Suggestion for the support forum

Post by Ape July 16th 2021, 12:35 am

We help for the love of the host and nothing else we also love to help you the members.

The rules on double posting is as follows.
You must edit your topic if it is not over the 24hrs BUT if you have something important to add then you can make a new post less then 24hrs

It is left to the staff if they warn you if you post less then 24hrs and the info is not deemed as Important.

If you feel hard done by by the warnings you can always PM the staff member and tell them your point and deal with it.
If you feel the staff are over doing the warning you can then go to an admin by PM where you tell them your case.

Suggestion for the support forum Left1212Suggestion for the support forum Center11Suggestion for the support forum Right112
Suggestion for the support forum Ape_b110
Suggestion for the support forum Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

jucarese likes this post

Back to top Go down