The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Members Cannot Access/Post

3 posters

Go down

Solved Some Members Cannot Access/Post

Post by penny¢ June 30th 2022, 12:58 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #ModernBB
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome, Opera, Other
Who the problem concerns : A few members
Forum link : https://thezonegroups.forumotion.com/

Description of problem

I have been notified by a few members that they are having trouble connecting to the forum. They say they have cleared cookies, caches, rebooted, etc...and still can't get in.
Or they get in but get White pages or booted out. At first, they said it was in Chrome, then they stated it was happening in other browsers as well.

Here are the Facebook and email messages:

color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post 06-29-22-Flagryl-Huronna-Trouble-Email-1

color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post 06-29-22-Flagryl-Huronna-Trouble-FB-2

Messages from forum Chit Chat:
Huronna:
Yesterday at 6:57 am
I have not been able to get in here using Chrome in two days. I can get into the other forummotion sites I belong to but not here. I had to come in with Opera Browser. Any idea what's happening?
@penny¢
Penny:
Yesterday at 9:48 am
@Huronna
Have you cleared your cache/cookies in Chrome? I just tried and got in fine with it. That usually fixes things like this.
Let me know and if not, I'll see what else I can do. Hugs!
Huronna:
Yesterday at 11:05 am
Yes I did that earlier, Flagryl said she was having trouble also, and set it to allow cookies, I will try that also.
Huronna:
Yesterday at 11:07 am
Ok I set it to allow cookies for this site and now I can get into it using Chrome. Yeah!
Huronna:
Yesterday at 11:12 am
and 2 minutes later I was kicked out again, so I'm back using Opera
Huronna:
Yesterday at 12:51 pm
This is crazy...one minute I can get in with Opera, and then I can't and now I can. If I didn't have gray hair I would get it.
Let me see if Chrome needs updating
Huronna:
Yesterday at 2:34 pm
Ok with both Chrome and Opera I can get into the opening page. If I hit the home button …puff gone. But if I hit messages I can get them. I can see my list of favorites, but if I click one……gone again.
Right now I am on my iPad Safari and got in.
I updated Chrome and opera …the same. Guess I will reboot my PC as a last resort
Huronna:
Yesterday at 2:46 pm
Hmmm that seems to have worked, I sure hope so
Huronna:
Yesterday at 2:49 pm
Not so, as soon as I hit Post, I guess it posted and then the site went poof again. I came back in, tried to click home, poof gone again, did a round about and got here, not sure what will happen when I hit post
Flagryl:
Yesterday at 4:42 pm
I can sign in on chrome but as soon as I try to post or go to another page I get the blank screen and the ad. I configured to accept cookies and approved the site. On safari on iPad now. Penny I hope you can fix.
Flagryl:
Yesterday at 4:50 pm
I am on my computer now. Yes much earlier I cleared the cache, accepted cookies, approved this site. Still no success but logged in again and it looks like something has changed and it's working.
Flagryl:
Yesterday at 4:52 pm
Still wonky, as soon as I hit send it went to the blank page with the ad. Had to back out and come in again twice. These ads don't like me.
Flagryl:
Yesterday at 4:57 pm
Here I am on Edge, seems to work. This site and the ads do not work well on Chrome, my preferred browser for several reason.
Huronna:
Yesterday at 6:40 pm
OK I tried Edge aldo, but as you said, not my favorite browser.
This is so strange though because I belong toe EFR and MarvelousArtworks and they are both on forumotiion servers and I have had no problems with them at all, Just the zone.
Well At least I have a round about way to get in.
Huronna:
Yesterday at 6:41 pm
Trying to post on Chrome
Huronna:
Yesterday at 10:42 pm
I try Chrome, nope so here I am on Opera

Several other members posted stating that they use Chrome with no problems, suggested updating, rebooting, clearing caches/cookies, etc...I, myself, can get in fine, post, open new pages, etc...on Chrome with no troubles.

I have pm'd Skouliki (due to previous issues) sign in info for our group and can again if needed.

Any other suggestions?
penny¢
penny¢
Forumember

Language : English

https://thezonegroups.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Some Members Cannot Access/Post

Post by Ape June 30th 2022, 1:49 pm

If you are getting more problems with chrome and other browsers it sounds like a problem with the browsers.

Can you ask the members who are having problems with chrome the following.

Have they updated the browsers?
Have they cleared the browser cache, History?
Re-started their hub / Modem and re-stared the computer?
What part of the world do they live in?
What OS (Operating system) are they running / Windows XP windows 7 windows 8 windows 10 / 11 or apple / Mobile phone / tablet?
Do the members use Ad blocker on the browsers ?
Ask your members to install VPN on the browser and see if they still get the problem. (This will not fix the problem but if this works then we need to look in to the problem more)

This will help us work out more about your members problem's

Last edited by Ape on June 30th 2022, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post Left1212color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post Center11color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post Right112
color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post Ape_b110
color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19147
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather June 30th 2022, 1:50 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the report.

We have received 2 other similar complaints since yesterday but cannot reproduce the problem here at this time. This unfortunately complicates the understanding of the problem.

Do you or this user consistently reproduce the problem?
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by penny¢ June 30th 2022, 6:38 pm

@The Godfather

Thank you. As far as I know it has only been a problem in the last couple days.

@Ape

Have they updated the browsers? Yes
Have they cleared the browser cache, History? Yes
Re-started their hub / Modem and re-stared the computer? Yes
What part of the world do they live in? Florida and Arizona
What OS (Operating system) are they running / Windows XP windows 7 windows 8 windows 10 / 11 or apple / Mobile phone / tablet? Will ask
Do the members use Ad blocker on the browsers ?  Will ask
Ask your members to install VPN on the browser and see if they still get the problem. (This will not fix the problem but if this works then we need to look in to the problem more) I', sure this will be obvious when you tell me, but what is "VPN"?

**EDIT**

@Ape @The Godfather

Just got a message from another member about the same issue:

color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post 06-29-22-Alicat-Trouble-1
penny¢
penny¢
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 30th 2022, 7:40 pm

Thank you for your report back to us it dose look like a problem with the ad's system only in some parts of the world.

We have asked other staff members to test other sites to see if they to can get the same problem on other forums.
could you maybe open your forum for one forum that has the problem so we can navigate your forum and test this on your forum as well as others we host.

If you could get what part of the world they are from would be great then we can try and see if it's just some ad's that get blocked or not.

Also if your members have a white page can they do the following.

on the white page can that put the mouse pointer in the center of the page and then look on the bottom left hand side and tell us what the link says at the bottom like this.
color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post 11q12

color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post Left1212color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post Center11color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post Right112
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by penny¢ July 1st 2022, 1:38 am

Huronna, Flagryl, and Dawn are in the USA, Alicat is in the UK.

Here are the replies:

Alicat:
Today at 12:11 pm
I had the same problem as Flagryl with the annoying ads I just updated chrome and it seems to behaving at the moment.
Huronna: 
Today at 1:05 pm
Windows 10 on PC
I do not use an Ad blocker
I have problems now with Chrome, yesterday I had problems with Opera also, but today that browser is working fine.
No problems with Safari on IPad
I had been using VPN on Opera, but I took it off a while ago because it was causing everything to load very slowly and I’m impatient.
I added the VPN extension to Chrome and still could not get into the site
Flagryl:
Windows 10
No Ad blocker
Problem with Chrome, It has been up to date
It seems to be working now.
Flagryl:
Today at 4:35 pm
It's not working now, I had to go to Edge. I get the blank page with the ad.
Huronna:
Today at 5:57 pm
Each time I decided to come in, I try Chrome and no Joy, so then I just open it up in Opera

I will get them to tell the link they see also.

If you tell me how to open the forum I will for a few days to help out. I am not sure I know how, LOL.

Sorry for such long posts, LOL. Figured it would be easier and more detailed for y'all to read what they actually say instead of me trying to repeat/translate it.

Thanks for all the help!
penny¢
penny¢
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape July 1st 2022, 10:44 am

Thank you @penny¢ that helps a lot now we know if you use a VPN it don't really help and as for the parts of the world think I can't see it being a problem there also as the USA and UK don't seem to be a place to block anything (well Not that I know of) I would say it is pointing more to the ad's side of things maybe breaking a loop when it shows.

I will tag @The Godfather and @Luzz so they can read what you have put on your last post.

It must have some thing to do with google Chrome browser as well.

If you have a test account your more then welcome to Pm me it so i can run some tests myself Wink

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by penny¢ July 1st 2022, 6:41 pm

Good morning. 
I will send you 2 accounts...1 with admin permissions and 1 regular member

Here are today's messages:

Huronna:
Yesterday at 10:45 pm

I had to come in using Edge this time, because now in Opera I can't get in either.

I get nothing when I put my mouse in any area on the page when I cam in chrome, but in Opera this is what I get.

color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post 07-01-22-Zone-FM-Chrome-Huronna-2
Alicat:
color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post 07-01-22-Zone-FM-Chrome-Alicat
SBQDawn:
Today at 5:52 am
I was able to log in but I still Can NOT Navigate around yeah it's chrome but I can not get in to Help topic I'll keep trying yeah I've cleared stuff but apparently not everything ugh I can't replace my pc yet I do not have that kind of money and I'd never remember all my damn passwords because even my phone is synced to google everything is tied to google I think I'll just go cry.

Huronna:

Today at 6:26 am

Last night besides have trouble here, the same thing started up on MarvelousArtWorks. Had to use Edge for both sites. EFR was fine but while in chat there, a couple of people said Creative Misfits was having the same problem. This morning I was able to get into EFR and MAW on Chrome with no problems, but I had to open Edge to get here.

Sure hope they can figure out what is happening. It really seems like it's somethig on their end, because it's not happening with any other servers.

Flagryl:
Today at 9:14 am

I still have issues and have to use Edge

Huronna:

Today at 10:12 am

I thought It was good this morning. Got the mail page, went to profiles and then favorites. But when I clicked on a tops poof! gone again. Same thing with Opera. I'm on edge also , but just for this site

**UPDATE TODAY**
Huronna:
Today at 1:40 pm
I pop in periodically when I am on the computer and almost passed out when I tried with Chrome right now. Have been able to change pages and no Poofy stuff....so far
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

penny¢
penny¢
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape July 2nd 2022, 9:47 am

Thanks for your test account's Wink

I have logged in on your no admin account as this would help me more right now i only see one set of ad's at the bottom of the forum and funny thing is i don't see any ad's at all on the top where the ad's should be. color post - Some Members Cannot Access/Post Mouais
I am logged in with Chrome and I'm in the uk. what i will do is use the members account for the next day or two if that's ok and test in random times to see if i can get the same thing.

Have a great weekend and I hope i can find the problem soon for you.

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by penny¢ July 2nd 2022, 5:27 pm

@Ape

I don't think I have ever seen an ad at all in TZG except the one at the top for Forumotion.
Just looked again, in Chrome and Edge and no ads. I am actually in Chrome at this moment posting this.
You are welcome to use the account anytime you need to.
Huronna, Flagryl, and Alicat have reported yesterday and today that they are having no trouble so far.
Maybe the problem resolved itself...fingers crossed.
Haven't heard from SBQDawn yet, but will update as needed.
Thanks so much and have a great week-end!!
penny¢
penny¢
Forumember

Ape likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by penny¢ July 5th 2022, 12:18 pm

@Ape

Members reported on July 03 that Chrome is working fine for them.
Will report back if anything changes.
Going to mark this as solved and close it. Thanks!

Edit: I marked it as solved but it isn't taking. Marked it 3 times and nothing.
penny¢
penny¢
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape July 5th 2022, 12:38 pm

Thank you @penny¢ I just used the solved button and it looks to be working my end. it maybe just a cache problem Wink
Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

TonnyKamper likes this post

Back to top Go down