The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternate way to view and respond to new posts

Go down

Alternate way to view and respond to new posts Empty Alternate way to view and respond to new posts

Post by pgwillia July 8th 2008, 11:11 pm

Call me old fashioned, but I like to use my email client to view and respond to online communication. I use Thunderbird which can aggregate my many email accounts as well as the RSS feeds I like to view.

It would be most convenient if I could receive new posts to the forum as an email. I am proposing that each post could be a separate email to the email account that used I registered for the forum. Perhaps if the forum was very active a digest which combined either a certain number of posts or all the posts within a certain period of time. Essentially I am proposing that the forum also be available as an opt-in mailing list. Additionally (but not as important) it would be convenient if I could then use my email account to send posts that would appear on the forum as if I had entered them on the forum.
pgwillia

Language : English

Back to top Go down