The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain...

+22
Rockstar_Bob
Brandon
Voice
AL
Nessa
Scrappingbutterfly
nguyenphuc
babypianist
lottostar
vgohyk
CSdProductions
Janet
Creed
Viet Admin
deb8er
Jaitne
mistojen
Brad38
Dragon0092
jay-r
KirbySB
zakir321
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain... Empty [Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain...

Post by zakir321 July 13th 2008, 9:02 am

Dear forumotion users,

It seems we are encountering some server problems since today morning. People are getting general error messages or an error "Could not obtain ... data". As the technicians don't work during the weekend, we have to inform an emergency service first to have this problem fixed as soon as possible. This has been done already as I am writing this message. However, we hope you understand this could probably take some time, so I kindly ask for your patience. Smile

We are apologizing for any inconvenience - I or another staff member will reply again once we have new information.

In the mean time, please only post a reply it's necessary and useful. We will lock any other thread related to this problem to bundle all available information here.

~Sunny
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain... Empty Re: [Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain...

Post by KirbySB July 13th 2008, 9:12 am

Thanks Sunny_D, was this a PM I sent you?
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Male Posts : 352
Language : English/Spanish

http://www.brolyhq.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain... Empty Re: [Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain...

Post by jay-r July 13th 2008, 9:15 am

thanks sunny_d,were happy to hir from u... Smile
jay-r
jay-r

Male Posts : 14
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 13th 2008, 9:18 am

You mean "Hear from you". I think I sent him a pm about making a thread about this.
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jay-r July 13th 2008, 9:22 am

yap thats what i mean...Whatever mr spelling wise... Razz
jay-r
jay-r

Male Posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 July 13th 2008, 9:23 am

Yes, Kirby dude you are our saviour! Not to mention the 20 other pm's I recieved today regarding connection problems - I had to post something. >_>

EDIT: I see now that Nessa merged already some posts and moved it to the Tech-section. I will leave this two threads opened for now until we have clarified how to continue.

EDIT2: Stay on-topic from now on. Didn't I mention this in my first post?? The reasons we are creating only-topics is to gather only necessary info for the techs. Do you want them to scrabble through dozens of chit-chat posts first? Confused

Last edited by Sunny_D on July 13th 2008, 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon0092 July 13th 2008, 9:24 am

phy thanks for that post, i thought my forum got hacked o.O'
Dragon0092
Dragon0092
Forumember

Male Posts : 224
Language : English, Srpski, Deutsch

http://veryimportantcrew.bestgoo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 13th 2008, 9:31 am

Sunny_D wrote:Yes, Kirby dude you are our saviour! Not to mention the 20 other pm's I recieved today regarding connection problems - I had to post something. >_>

EDIT: I see now that Nessa merged already some posts and moved it to the Tech-section. I will leave this two threads opened for now until we have clarified how to continue.

EDIT2: Stay on-topic from now on. Didn't I mention this in my first post?? The reasons we are creating only-topics is to gather only necessary info for the techs. Do you want them to scrabble through dozens of chit-chat posts first? Confused

Thank you, now worship me. Razz Just kidding.
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 July 13th 2008, 9:36 am

Thank you as well Sunny_D:)

I hate to complain, it's not the "Canadian" way mostly but this is a very frustrating situation and a second incident in less than a week. Sad

I just wish that some of the things that we say here and suggest would get attention and recognition. I know that the Mods and Admins here are limited with what they can do, but I really do believe that technicians should be available on weekends when needed.

I've been working on my forum SO HARD these past two months, trying to get it "perfect". I haven't had a lot of success getting new members either and I've been trying very hard with that too. Now with this, I'm really feeling deflated and demoralized about things. Sad I know that these are problems that aren't expected or can be helped as well, but I'm feeling like perhaps I should give up on my forum sadly. This is so very frustrating to me and I'm feeling embarrassed about what I'm going to tell my members.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mistojen July 13th 2008, 9:44 am

I just have a question: these errors are simply that, right? Just errors? As in...we haven't lost all of our posts and data, correct?
mistojen
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaitne July 13th 2008, 9:49 am

I can still see how many posts were there.. and that the posts from before are still there, I just cant get to anything. So I'd think they were.
Jaitne

Back to top Go down

Post by mistojen July 13th 2008, 9:52 am

God, I hope so... I can see them, too, but my worry was that that actual data inside the post was lost. I'm new at all this on my own - at my last forum we had our own webtech on-call 24/7 because he hosted the server or whatever as part of his school project in web design or some such, so anytime we had problems, they were fixed within a few minutes, a couple hours at most. The idea of losing everything makes me very uncomfortable let's just say Laughing
mistojen
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 13th 2008, 9:53 am

It will be ok, Mistojen; people will come after the problem. Smile
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mistojen July 13th 2008, 9:58 am

I can stick it out so long as it means a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't, however, want to wait it out only to find that my entire board has lost its posts Confused Laughing
mistojen
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 13th 2008, 10:02 am

Don't worry, all forums will be recovered and you will posting properly again soon.
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 July 13th 2008, 10:07 am

The databases are safe. As said, it are either connection problems to the FM servers or problems in the forum software. Both does not affect any saved data like posts or users.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 13th 2008, 10:19 am

Thank you, Sunny_D. Now I can provide people with, " Read this topic.
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by deb8er July 13th 2008, 10:27 am

Thanks for the information - I have just arrived back from holiday and I put the forum on holiday before I left and I thought I'd broken it! I'm glad that it isn't something I've done! Very Happy
deb8er

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 13th 2008, 10:28 am

Now I can barely even tell these users that. Some of them are just too hard to explain to.
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Viet Admin July 13th 2008, 10:36 am

Do any Moderator knows Vietnamese ?
Viet Admin
Viet Admin
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Language : Vietnamese , English

http://tcteen.forum.st

Back to top Go down

Post by Creed July 13th 2008, 10:42 am

Ok. I could not put my Forum into under construction mode so that people who visits will know. This is a major forum site... It is the first Science High School in The whole Asia.
Creed

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet July 13th 2008, 10:45 am

Most moderators in other forums wouldn't even get back to people on problems like this.

We have been kept informed by the people above us and notified within minutes of posting our concerns. I didn't expect any replies on these issues for about three days!

There is a clear and respectable difference between this forum orginazation and others' on the web when it comes to client service. Just think, most of us don't even pay for the service and we're being addressed on the issues by moderators that are only here to help us out at nearly no charge at all.

I recognize that you are doing your best and I thank you for keeping us informed. I would recommend anyone to you guys from now on; and of course, I'll check back for updates to see how this situation is coming along.

Thank you so much for your concern and hard work!

Sincerely,
-Janet
Janet

Language : English/Vulcan/Klingon

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 13th 2008, 10:54 am

That was a very successful post, everybody read it!
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by CSdProductions July 13th 2008, 11:14 am

yes!! i see ur still online kirby.... and u post this like, half an hour after i log out.... Sad
CSdProductions
Forumember

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by vgohyk July 13th 2008, 11:17 am

Thanks Sunny_D.

I hope this can be solved asap. It's been a long wait.. I've got important issues in the forum and members are checking back regularly for updates.
vgohyk
vgohyk

Back to top Go down

Post by CSdProductions July 13th 2008, 11:19 am

my members r jus bored. lol. im trying to keep them "entertained" until the site starts booming but i locked the Games Topic... lmao.
CSdProductions
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB July 13th 2008, 11:19 am

Your forum must have a lot of activity.
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lottostar July 13th 2008, 11:26 am

Thanks sunny,so we need wait for solve Error
lottostar
Forumember

Male Posts : 31

http://www.thailotteryforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by babypianist July 13th 2008, 11:28 am

oh thanks for the info!!!
hope this can be fixed, VERY SOON!!!! Smile
babypianist

Female Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by CSdProductions July 13th 2008, 11:39 am

alright, forums up thumright awesome!! peace out now
CSdProductions
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next