The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain...

+22
Rockstar_Bob
Brandon
Voice
AL
Nessa
Scrappingbutterfly
nguyenphuc
babypianist
lottostar
vgohyk
CSdProductions
Janet
Creed
Viet Admin
deb8er
Jaitne
mistojen
Brad38
Dragon0092
jay-r
KirbySB
zakir321
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain... - Page 2 Empty [Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain...

Post by zakir321 Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 10:02

First topic message reminder :

Dear forumotion users,

It seems we are encountering some server problems since today morning. People are getting general error messages or an error "Could not obtain ... data". As the technicians don't work during the weekend, we have to inform an emergency service first to have this problem fixed as soon as possible. This has been done already as I am writing this message. However, we hope you understand this could probably take some time, so I kindly ask for your patience. Smile

We are apologizing for any inconvenience - I or another staff member will reply again once we have new information.

In the mean time, please only post a reply it's necessary and useful. We will lock any other thread related to this problem to bundle all available information here.

~Sunny
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain... - Page 2 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain...

Post by jay-r Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 12:44

forums up and running thanks so much to the forumotion management.... thumright thumleft
jay-r
jay-r

Male Posts : 14
Language : English

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain... - Page 2 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] General Error - Could not obtain...

Post by KirbySB Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 12:59

Wait, let me check!
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Male Posts : 352
Language : English/Spanish

http://www.brolyhq.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 13:00

Wow, it is. Good job, Forumotion. thumleft All Hail Forumotion. salut
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by nguyenphuc Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 13:20

Thank you, forumotion thumleft
nguyenphuc

Language : viet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 13:24

Hello Everyone....

This was the message that I felt I had no choice to post on my forum, word for word and how embarrassing. Sad

Forum down AGAIN - July 13th. Sad

Post by Brad Today at 6:09 am
Hello folks,

I'm truly, TRULY sorry but this forum was out of commission again last night from approx. 9pm - 5:30am EST. I have no control over this and it affected a huge number of forumotion members. This is the hosting company that mine and other members use here for free. This is the second major "outage" in less than a week and I'm extremely disappointed. Sad

I spent the majority of last night on the free technical support forum trying to find out what was going on, but like usual, details were very limited to say the least. I have to be honest and wouldn't lie to you folks about these things. I guess it's really true in this world and unfortunately, you only get what you "pay" for. Still, and as a seasoned internet savvy person, I know that this isn't always the rule. There are several free hosting sites on the WWW, that offer reliable and dependable services to their members such as YouTube, FaceBook, MySpace etc. and just to name a few.

The outage that happened on Wed just past, caused me to loose my rankings/ratings and indexing again with Google. Meaning, that all my forum's posts and messages that were once indexed at the top of the list, by key tag words, were lost. The Google bots would have gone to the forum that night and been unable to find any trace of this forum and obviously began to delete and erase entries. This is especially bad for a new forum like this and because it's important to get referenced on web crawlers ASAP and with as many references as possible. Now, I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN and wait until the web bots crawl my forum again and index things appropriately.

I'm feeling very demoralized these days; I've lost my main moderator Sue (and don't even ask me about that), I've been trying so hard to get this forum off the ground for just over 2 months and finding very little success. Now, I've got technical issues to worry about that are extremely serious as far as I'm concerned.

I want the active members to know just how very much I appreciate you all, how very thankful I am that you've come here/followed me here or are interested enough to try to keep the forum going. However, I've all but decided that I will not go through another "issue" like this. I simply cannot afford the set-backs and I can't afford to have the small membership I have here now to get upset and asking a 1000 questions that I can't answer either. The very next time that this happens, I'm giving you all fair warning that I'm shutting down the forum. I will notify you all in advance and it won't be done instantly, but if/when this happens again, I am closing down the forum.

I've made my points on the forum support and others are quite upset as well, but our comments are apparently falling on deaf ears or they are simply ignored.

I know we had a new member sign up last night...JUST when this whole disaster started... We can all welcome our new member, Garye and for as long as it lasts. Sad
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappingbutterfly Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 14:16

Yep mines up too...woohoo, thank you all involved I am sure it has been a long night..
Cheers Tina Very Happy
Scrappingbutterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbySB Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 14:32

I think this should be locked, and I'm not backseat moderating, but it is over with.
KirbySB
KirbySB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 14:54

KirbySB wrote:I think this should be locked, and I'm not backseat moderating, but it is over with.

Please don't moderate this thread Kirby, as this is reserved for staff only. This thread will remain open to further evaluate this problem. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by AL Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 16:56

up amd running...thanks o lot! rock
AL

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 18:56

Thanks for getting this fixed. Things like this always seem to happen at the worst possible time for me. Oh well, it's fixed now. Thanks again for letting us no that the servers hadn't exploded or anything.
Voice
Voice

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 21:28

I know you moderators have gotten some bad reviews. I would just like to say that I'm happy with the way this was handeled. I assumed nothing would be fixed until after the weekend and it was all fixed before monday, anyway.

Thank you!
Janet

Language : English/Vulcan/Klingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 6:58

down again
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockstar_Bob Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 9:59

Sweet! The Pit's up and going again. Thanks Forumotion! Smile
Rockstar_Bob
Rockstar_Bob

Male Posts : 18

http://thepit.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle8x Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 12:36

How about the final result ? Will we meet this prob again? Where is the notice of forumotion?
eagle8x
eagle8x
Forumember

Male Posts : 362
Language : Vietnamese

http://diendan.chinhphuc.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 2:54

eagle8x wrote:How about the final result ? Will we meet this prob again? Where is the notice of forumotion?
it's not fixed yet
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 18:13

You are still getting this error messages? What is your forum URL?
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by mcaps Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 18:21

Still down here.
Connection interrupted, no data.
Going to bed as it's 12:48 here.
Been nearly 4 hours now.

Good luck getting it back together guys.

Sorry for being possably insulting in the other thread, didn't mean to offend but it's really frustrating.
mcaps

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 18:34

forum down, error message. been since 10am here so...6 and half hours now.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 19:48

hello,

since this noon, we had a server problem. that's what it coses your forums down!
we had to change the deficient server by another powerfull one and we just finished this operation.

up to now, all your forums will back to normal in the few coming minutes.

sorry for the desagrement.

Wink
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 Wed 16 Jul 2008 - 2:54

A new server...WONDERFUL!!!! Smile I sure hope this will be the end to all the problems of late with the forums and if things continue to work as they should, I will be a very happy person. SmileVery Happy:)

Thank you Godfather for giving this information and letting us know. cheers
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mcaps Wed 16 Jul 2008 - 4:55

Thanks heaps guys - top effort.
mcaps

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Wed 16 Jul 2008 - 13:17

hello,

The problem having led the opening of this onlt topic being resolved, I lock this topic.

if needs, please open a new one and we will be glad to help you Wink
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2