The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reply with newest topic first

2 posters

Go down

reply with newest topic first Empty reply with newest topic first

Post by Medula August 2nd 2008, 9:39 am

reply with newest topic first

how can i do? pls help me....
Medula

Male Posts : 15
Language : Malaysia

Back to top Go down

reply with newest topic first Empty Re: reply with newest topic first

Post by Guest August 2nd 2008, 10:43 am

What do you mean by "newest topic first"? Please explain so I can help you more accurately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum August 2nd 2008, 12:29 pm

I think you mean something the YouTube comments have, so when you reply it goes underneath the post that you want to reply to?
Well, if that's what you mean, it's impossible.

Just re-read it again and i think i know what you mean. The oldest post will always be at the top or you'd have to scroll down the page and read up, even if you wanted to do that it's still impossible.

Sorry,
Timmy
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 2nd 2008, 12:48 pm

If you mean that the posts are displayed so the newest post is displayed first, and the oldest post is displayed last, then this is very much possible. It is called 'reverse chronological order'. However, to achieve this you must alter the settings of each forum you want this to happen in.

To do this, go to your Administration Panel, then click on the General tab. Click on "Categories and Forums" and find the forum you want the posts in reverse chronological order and click on the reply with newest topic first Editer button next to it. When the settings page for that forum appear find where it says "Sort the posts of a topic by:" and set it to "Post's Date (most recent in first)". Then click on the 'save' button to confirm the changes. Repeat these steps for each forum you want in reverse chronological order.

Back to top Go down