The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone has threatened the removal of my site

5 posters

Go down

Someone has threatened the removal of my site Empty Someone has threatened the removal of my site

Post by tommylsvs11 October 19th 2008, 10:46 pm

Someone has threatened to take my domain name down http://pcfuel.net because I spammed the chat box of their site with my site url, also they threatened ddos, although they don't have my IP, but still, is it possible for them to take my site down?
tommylsvs11
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Someone has threatened the removal of my site Empty Re: Someone has threatened the removal of my site

Post by MrMario October 19th 2008, 11:03 pm

No
If your are following the rules you should be good.
They are making you scared and want you to think that.

Don't worry and your forum will be fine
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Someone has threatened the removal of my site Empty Re: Someone has threatened the removal of my site

Post by CANADIEN October 19th 2008, 11:05 pm

Nothing can happen to your forum unless it violates Forumotion's Terms of Service.
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 19th 2008, 11:08 pm

to what get your forum shut down?
let them threaten all they want. as long as your are following all foumotions rules and tos and and have no one complaining. then they cant do a thing.

and as far as you spamming on there chat box.. well come on you should know better to do that.

i would apologize to them for doing it. but at the same time let it be known
that they can try all they want and there\'s nothing on your site that violates any TOS or laws.

when you spam people that dose make people mad.so you kind of brought that on yourself. but there probably just talking junk. apologize to therm tell them it wont happen again and move on.

Last edited by kirk on October 19th 2008, 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok October 19th 2008, 11:13 pm

*Agreeing with Kirk*. You should apologize to the owner of that site. But, your forum is still OK. So, just sit back.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by tommylsvs11 October 19th 2008, 11:17 pm

Ok thanks guys, just wanted to be sure.
tommylsvs11
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down