The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search Options

3 posters

Go down

Search Options Empty Search Options

Post by Tashnz December 19th 2008, 8:40 am

Hi!! I have started a free forum a few weeks ago and wanted to say thanks so much, everyone loves it and im so happy with it Smile

Ok, im hoping im putting this in the right place,move it or let me know if its not. What we are wanting to do is change the search options on the top of the forum..... ie where it says:
View posts since last visit • View your posts • View unanswered posts

When you click on View posts since last visit, you obviously see every new post, but if you close the window once you go back, even if its 5 seconds later, its assumed those posts arent new anymore so they dont show up on the search, even if you never read them last time. Then you have no way of knowing what posts you havent read yet.

So is there anyway to change the time frame, so they are new for a few hours not just after one visit.... or can you have it so you can search messages not read?

I use to be on a forum that it left the topics that you hadnt read with the 'new post' colour beside it, i know it was a phpBB2 forum, but im not sure how she changed it all. And now she has closed it, hence why i started my own forum Smile

Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice for me!
Tash
Tashnz

Female Posts : 20
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Search Options Empty Re: Search Options

Post by Darren1 December 19th 2008, 9:17 am

This could of been something for the other problems, but not sure.

ok, back to business....
No, you cannot change the time frame that the "new posts" are within, nor can you change it for when u close ur browser.
Sorry.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Tashnz December 19th 2008, 9:28 am

lol, ok short but straight to the point!!

Thanks a lot Smile
Tashnz

Female Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by DSDU January 1st 2009, 2:00 am

You might like to have a look at this thread for ideas about how to change your search options.

Cas
DSDU
DSDU
Forumember

http://dsdownunder.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down