The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hacking Problems

+2
kirk
Steweh
6 posters

Go down

Hacking Problems Empty Hacking Problems

Post by Steweh May 9th 2009, 12:36 pm

Ok, I am being threatened by some guys that they are gonna hack my site, and I need to ask if I can get some extra protection? I know these guys, and they are serious so if anyone can give me help, please do it ASAP!!!1

Another Question, if they hack me, there isn't legal action that can take place, is there?

Last edited by Steweh on May 9th 2009, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steweh
Steweh
Forumember

Male Posts : 92
Language : English

http://www.kingpair.com

Back to top Go down

Hacking Problems Empty Re: Hacking Problems

Post by kirk May 9th 2009, 1:23 pm

Steweh you have to have a detailed and explicit title for you to get any help.I am supposed to add the proper rebuttal and make sure no one helps until you change your title.

How ever i will over look it this time since it's such an emergency.

For one. i think there full of it but you can never be too safe.
First.If you have your email activation message in your email account copy and past that to a note pad then delete that from your email and trash.
make sure you don't loose the note pad with that in there sometimes that can be handy for things down the road. but this will be good to do as a percussion in case they try to hack into your email.

actually never leave any pass in your email. have one big note pad for all that stuff and you can even pass zip that file on your computer if you wanted to too.

Now. change your password to something complicated.

use symbols letters words numbers what ever you think will make you safer.
just be sure not to forget or loos it. past that in your note pad too.

Have you ban these members yet. if not ban them ip and email. change the forum to ware you have to activate members. this way if they do come back you can see who is joining your forum and if you feels it's them don't activate them.

or you can put your forum on holiday for a few days. but then your basically closing it.Or you can change your link and mass email all members the new link. but make sure you ban them guy's first so they don't receive the new link.

that's about all i can think of doing now. i think by doing the first two suggestions about removing any user and pass you may in your email and changing your pass to a more complicated one should do the trick.

anyone else have more suggestions for the most maximum security to have for your forums.

oh make sure the forums scurry is on too.
oh and one other thing. save all there threatening messages and report them to your service provider along with there ip if asked..It's illegal to threaten people with hacking. so i hope they get caught. i don't like hackers there a bunch of dirt bags... lol
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steweh May 9th 2009, 1:37 pm

Alrighty Kirk, you have been very helpful, and I have done all of them.

I also took an extra precaution, as he is a member, was ban his IP, and also deleted his account.
Steweh
Steweh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 9th 2009, 1:41 pm

Steweh wrote:Alrighty Kirk, you have been very helpful, and I have done all of them.

I also took an extra precaution, as he is a member, was ban his IP, and also deleted his account.

make sure his ip and email is banned. if you delete there account they can come back.
so double check that. plus i just pm you. the last part i had in my response would not work and i took it out. not sure if you seen that but if you did disregard that.

thanks
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Steweh May 9th 2009, 1:42 pm

Yeah well, that last bit that you said would not of worked anyway, as it was done over a MSN convo, which I had already exited.
Steweh
Steweh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ag6858 May 10th 2009, 4:08 am

I bet it was dan.
ag6858

Male Posts : 13
Language : english

http://kingpair.forumq.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by wogsrus May 10th 2009, 8:35 am

So if we were to change back to the old name and URL, would we be safe, or is there extra precuations that Stewz can take without changing the site and getting hacked into.
wogsrus
Forumember

Language : E

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_makaveli May 10th 2009, 9:51 am

Ok people this is about me, and i am being accused, throwing out false accusations is a joke.

This is the real story, we run a small site with our people, we work very hard, in fact we do a hell of a lot of things for King Pair, we have made Custom avatars for anyone that needed them, we have shown them where to get things in return for favours, we even had Stewie running our fantasy soccer league as he is quite good at what he does, i tell him countless times to backup and never make anyone admin, in fact he actually made me admin two months ago for about 5mins too help him get a skin right > I used PKB1's login (this is true)

This is when it got nasty, introducing mods Wogrus and AG6858, both Moderators on King Pair, when signing up to my site they have read the rules stating

9. No advertising of any sort, ie. posting or personal messaging links to forums or sites which are owned or run by you. You can, however, put these links in your signatures

So you see they broke rules and made a lot of people very angry, they knowingly broke the rules, Abhinav super forwarded me the PM about them Advertising King Pair, basically we said bad move and now we are being accused of hacking, this is a joke and Forummotion should take action against Boards who knowingly break other forums rules, fair enough if they are members breaking rules but these guys are youre only bloody mods

*Note Ag not a moderator since

Basically that is the story, i signed up too do this one post because the accusations are false and i am not at all happy with these accusations!

Last edited by Mr_makaveli on May 10th 2009, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rules word for word on my site)
Mr_makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by wogsrus May 10th 2009, 10:44 am

Why did you have to be so abusive and why are you defending yourself. If you had not done anything wrong why come out and try and defend.
wogsrus
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_makaveli May 10th 2009, 11:04 am

Im not going to argue with you a professional site such as this, that is called SPAM, i have no idea what i have done too be honest, youre the one breaking other forums rules not me
Mr_makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by wogsrus May 10th 2009, 11:17 am

I'm sorry, it was a mistake, won't happen again. I didn't like the abusive of the lovely thing as l signed in on Rizaveli though.
wogsrus
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_makaveli May 10th 2009, 11:18 am

can this thread be locked, once more Stewie signs up too rizaveli where hes proxy didnt work, this has really just become a joke!

thanks for youre time forumotion!
Mr_makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by wogsrus May 10th 2009, 11:27 am

If Makaveli agrees not to have done it, yes thread closed.
wogsrus
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_makaveli May 10th 2009, 11:27 am

these are you Mods, i pity you steweh! best of luck
Mr_makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by ag6858 May 11th 2009, 9:34 am

Sorry for accusing you Dan, and I did not send any Pm's about King Pair.
ag6858

Male Posts : 13
Language : english

http://kingpair.forumq.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Djordje_90 May 11th 2009, 10:04 am

He hacking my FORUM :S

http://djolle-muzika.forumakers.com

Can some explane me how to back my forum on NORMAL ? Smile
Djordje_90

Language : Serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by wogsrus May 11th 2009, 10:16 am

Who is mate, Makaveli.
wogsrus
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 11th 2009, 12:05 pm

ag6858 wrote:Sorry for accusing you Dan, and I did not send any Pm's about King Pair.

OK this is going a lil off topic and off the point of Steweh Inquiry.
i have suggested and answers Steweh to the best of my ability and what i could think of doing to make his forum safer from any one trying to hack into it.The only reason i left this open was if there was a few other members that might have had something to suggest on ways of keeping your forum as safe as possible.But now this is going into a discussion and no one is suggesting anything.I see no reason to keep this open any longer and will now lock the thread.

thanx
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down