The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Founder Hacked

+4
1q2w3e4r5t6y7u
Base
Darren1
TheSaviour
8 posters

Go down

Founder Hacked Empty Founder Hacked

Post by TheSaviour August 20th 2009, 10:38 pm

i created this forum originally

http://refluxgamers.forumotion.net/

and gave a member admin panel acccess , where he changed my password and took control of my account.

ive had to request for a password already , and then they changed it again on me.

i wish to close this forum because they have pretty much stolen somthing which i created.

any ideas?
TheSaviour

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Founder Hacked Empty Re: Founder Hacked

Post by Darren1 August 20th 2009, 10:44 pm

Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSaviour August 20th 2009, 10:45 pm

"ive had to request for a password already , and then they changed it again on me."

ive already done that, and they just changed it again ==
TheSaviour

Back to top Go down

Post by Base August 20th 2009, 10:46 pm

Hello TheSaviour,

As I always say, be careful to whom you give administration access to. Also normal administrators can't modify the founder's account, so I highly doubt if that member really hacked your account.

Have you tried using the Utilities to restore your forum back to its original state? You'll need to provide your founding information to gain access though.

If you've forgotten your password then you'll need to read this topic as darren1 have stated.

Regards,

Base
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSaviour August 20th 2009, 10:47 pm

sorry , i gave him access to my account so he could "edit" the forum, which basically means he hijacked my account ==
TheSaviour

Back to top Go down

Post by Base August 20th 2009, 10:49 pm

Why did you give him access to your account anyway? You could have just made him administrator and it would have been a lot safer. My suggestion to you now is to recover your password, use it in the Utilities and restore your forum. Straight after that, change you password immediately.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 1q2w3e4r5t6y7u August 20th 2009, 10:59 pm

i think i would wait, check until he goes offline, change your pass and ban him for life Smile
1q2w3e4r5t6y7u
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini August 20th 2009, 11:04 pm

TheSaviour wrote:sorry , i gave him access to my account so he could "edit" the forum, which basically means he hijacked my account ==
Which basically means you are an [insert appropriate word here]...

Too bad you ll pay this lesson with losing your forum, or so it seems.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSaviour August 20th 2009, 11:09 pm

i gave him access because i was knew to the whole thing and didnt understand what to do, noobish i know ,but true. i banned him and he made another account of his admin, so he just changed my admin email to his and request password thing. i just paid for the domain name for a year aswell ==

so it really is like stealing.
TheSaviour

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkS August 22nd 2009, 6:38 pm

Hhmm so this is the bs story that you have made up??

Real story is we had 3 owners, Me,Tgs,TheSaviour i payed for domain and stuff and we had the Founder acc set as admin that we could all use to change forum around.

Tgs changed the settings of the founder acc to all his own stuff so i told him that he shouldn't of and changed them back.

Then TheSaviour started telling me that he was going to hack tgs and kick him out and all this other big talk. (He cant do any of it)

I said to him that i would put the founder acc seperate from both so they dont fight.

The Saviour started having a cry and basicly had a sook just because he couldn't get what he wanted, so he ran off.

Now he spam's the forum with stuff llike TEEGZSLUT and other stuff just like that. (Teegz) is my gf.

So not really my fault David, Maybe if you acted your age it wouldn't have happend.
ElkS

Language : Aussie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini August 22nd 2009, 10:29 pm

If your story is true, TheSaviour is even bigger [insert appropriate word here] then i thought Wink
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSaviour August 22nd 2009, 11:29 pm

REAL STORY - i made the forum about 6 months ago maybe more , and about 2 weeks ago let TGS use it. theres no 3 owners, I created the forum its mine, the domain was paid for with MY paypal. the founder account was mine, and i never agreed to letting everyone use it idiot, TGS wanted to edit somthing so i gave him the details.And actually this guy TGS , took my founder account, changed all the details then took away my power to go into admin panel.

"I said to him that i would put the founder acc seperate from both so they dont fight."

you take away MY account and expect me to happy about it , stop refering to it as the "founder" account, im the founder, its my account. yeah man ive been spamming the forums all i can ==.

i want my godamn forum back simple. i created it and i should have every right to be able to access my own forum.
TheSaviour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 22nd 2009, 11:33 pm

Ok the bottomline is, all three of you had the founder accounts details. So none of us on the forum who provide passwords would know who is the actual owner of the forum. So be it, there is no way around this. You will have to live with whatever your mistakes have been. (We don't know who is telling the truth)

Also, TheSaviour & ElkS i don't want discussions on this support section regarding who did what. So stop pointing fingers.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSaviour August 22nd 2009, 11:35 pm

there is a way around this , i have the confirmation email of when i created the forum.

and in the T&C
Responsibility of the login and the password
When you register, you will receive a password and a login. You are responsible of keeping the confidentiality of the password and the login, and you are as well entirely responsible of any activity done under your password or login. You have to inform Forumotion.com immediately if an unauthorized use of your password, account or any other security infringement is done. You have to make sure that you disconnect from your account at the end of each session. Forumotion.com cannot, and will not be held responsible of any loss or damage which results from a breach in these conditions.

and thus i have informed you.
TheSaviour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 22nd 2009, 11:45 pm

There is no point informing me, you will send a PM to any of the staff for recovering your password. Post them a screenshot of that mail.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSaviour August 22nd 2009, 11:51 pm

i have informed typlo , with no response after a few days.
TheSaviour

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc August 23rd 2009, 8:14 am

TheSaviour wrote:i have informed typlo , with no response after a few days.
Send private message to Luky this time and he will change your forunder's password, Wink
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down