The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum deleted without notice?

3 posters

Go down

Solved Forum deleted without notice?

Post by Taurus425 September 11th 2009, 8:56 pm

I hope this in the right place to ask.

The forum a few of us frequent and write stories on disappeared. The founder passed on the admin info to another because this person wanted to take on the board and upgrade.

Supposedly no one know how the account was deleted and the founder has long since forgotten the e-mail used and password. It's up in the air whether it was done on purpose or maliciously so, but as a member I'm disappointed that I've lost some of my writing as well as the founder. No notices were sent or any inclination that the forum was going to be deleted.

Any suggestions on what to do about that or whether it can be salvaged?

Thank you in advance for any helpful hints or ideas, or just plain you're out of luck Wink
Taurus425
Taurus425

Female Posts : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum deleted without notice?

Post by Master Marc September 11th 2009, 9:31 pm

Hello Taurus425,
As a member of the forum, I can't see anything that you can do to help the forum to be restored...

If the founder gave away his/her forum to another person, then he/she has full rights to do whatever to the forum he/she desires.

And he/she decided to delete the forum. So, I suggest next time that you save your stories on your computer before posting, then you can share it on the forum that you are a member of.
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus425 September 12th 2009, 5:05 pm

Thanks Marc,

The info was passed with the understanding it would be a shared board, but you just can't control what everyone is thinking. Odds are it was done out of spite and someone skipped off with all the contents.

Luckily, a couple of us did save our stuff and moved it. We just lost about a week's worth of writing Smile It's not the end of the world, just terribly annoying.

If there is nothing to be done, then C'est La Vie and all that.

Lolz, Thanks again.
Taurus425
Taurus425

Female Posts : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 12th 2009, 9:23 pm

There is nothing that can be done. only the forums administrator can possibly get the forum back bu utility tools. other then that the owner can delete the Board,close the forum or move the link at anytime without notifying anyone if he wants to.

Since the question was answered and there is nothing that members can do in a situation like this. i will mark the thread as solved and lock.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down