The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot manually change members email

3 posters

Go down

Cannot manually change members email Empty Cannot manually change members email

Post by pinoygeek October 19th 2009, 12:27 pm

My member sent me a PM to change his email address to this info@boholdiversclub.com but I got an error message "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid."

I don't know why it says its invalid. I tried adding another "O" to the email and it accept it and it made the email address like this "infoo@boholdiversclub.com" but that's not the correct email address that he want.

I alreay allow the option that members can change email address but still the same error message.
pinoygeek
pinoygeek
Forumember

Male Posts : 72
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Cannot manually change members email Empty Re: Cannot manually change members email

Post by kirk October 19th 2009, 12:45 pm

pinoygeek wrote:My member sent me a PM to change his email address to this info@boholdiversclub.com but I got an error message "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid."

I don't know why it says its invalid. I tried adding another "O" to the email and it accept it and it made the email address like this "infoo@boholdiversclub.com" but that's not the correct email address that he want.

I already allow the option that members can change email address but still the same error message.

try setting the email option for not allowing members to change there email then try to change it to see if thats any different..

i mean i change my emails al the time and some of them have not been active for some time.. but they are real email addresses. so may be his is not a real email address ? not sure.. but try that and see if there is any difference.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Cannot manually change members email Empty Re: Cannot manually change members email

Post by pinoygeek October 20th 2009, 4:53 am

Thank you for the reply. I tried both ways never seem to work with me. I sent him an email using the email he provide and he receives my email.
pinoygeek
pinoygeek
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 20th 2009, 5:06 am

Its saying its not right. Did you make sure that is what he gave you?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 20th 2009, 5:33 am

pinoygeek wrote:Thank you for the reply. I tried both ways never seem to work with me. I sent him an email using the email he provide and he receives my email.

i am not sure to me it seems like something is not being done right.
pm me his email and i will try to send it.. but even if it goose through that don't mean that it is his email.. but if it's not a real or valid address then it will say the mail has failed to go through or what ever messages it gives you when that happens.

so i am not sure?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by pinoygeek October 20th 2009, 8:04 am

What is strange after we change the email provided by Gmail it accepted and when we tried to put back his old email address which is the email that he use to sign up it says Invalid email.

It accepts different email but not an email that starts with an info@**** but he manage to sign up with an info@**** email.
pinoygeek
pinoygeek
Forumember

Back to top Go down