The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to manually add group members?

3 posters

Go down

Is there a way to manually add group members? Empty Is there a way to manually add group members?

Post by Braceyp December 2nd 2008, 7:03 pm

I'm asking because we're transferring from one group environment to forumumotion.com and would like to make it as easy as possible without loss of but a few members? Any way to add them in the administration area? Thank you in advance for your time and any advice you have.
Braceyp

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to manually add group members? Empty Re: Is there a way to manually add group members?

Post by Junior-B December 2nd 2008, 7:11 pm

If I got the question, yes there is a way.

Administration Control Panel> Users and Groups> Choose your group and press edit, you will see an Add Member to Group field. Just type the name there and voila !
Junior-B
Junior-B
Forumember

Male Posts : 215
Language : Greek, English, German

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to manually add group members? Empty Re: Is there a way to manually add group members?

Post by scripttester123 December 2nd 2008, 7:12 pm

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, you would simply like to add members to a group?

To manually add members to a group:

Administration panel (Advanced mode) > Users & Groups > Groups > Group Administration

Find the group you want and click the 'Modify' Is there a way to manually add group members? Editer button.

Scroll down to where it says 'Group Members' and type the name of the member you would like to add in the field, then click 'Add Member'.

Hope this helps!
scripttester123
scripttester123
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Junior-B December 2nd 2008, 7:13 pm

bwi I just said that... jk profileleft
Junior-B
Junior-B
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by scripttester123 December 2nd 2008, 7:15 pm

Sorry didn't notice =D Usually you get a message saying another post has been added.... Didn't get that.
scripttester123
scripttester123
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Junior-B December 2nd 2008, 7:33 pm

Strange..YOUR POST IS BETTER ANYWAY tongue
Junior-B
Junior-B
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Braceyp December 2nd 2008, 8:34 pm

Thank you everyone for your help :-) I apologize for not wording my first post differently. Do you know aside from adding members to groups if there is a way to add them to the forum itself manually?
Braceyp

Language : English

Back to top Go down