The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Can I Get More Members?

5 posters

Go down

How Can I Get More Members? Empty How Can I Get More Members?

Post by GG2012 January 19th 2010, 4:16 am

How can I increase the number of members in my forum? How can I make more popular? I have already sent out many invitations, although very few actually joined so far. What other ways can I do this without actually paying anything, and if there are instructions can you provide to me the links? thanks
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Female Posts : 128
Language : english

Back to top Go down

How Can I Get More Members? Empty Re: How Can I Get More Members?

Post by cockney geezer January 19th 2010, 8:05 pm

Add your site to search engine I have just added mine to 300 site for $4.95

Also go on like minded forums and post a thread about yours..

Hope it helps

Good members take time to collect Wink
cockney geezer
Forumember

Language : English

http://etype-forum.top-board.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 January 19th 2010, 10:21 pm

ok, thanks. That is a good idea. Cockney geezer where did you go to add your site at for $4.95? And is it a monthly fee each month or one time pay?
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by [3L173]Dar3D3ViL January 19th 2010, 10:46 pm

You could also write it on other forums, youtube videos, MSN, Facebook etc.
[3L173]Dar3D3ViL

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney geezer January 19th 2010, 11:37 pm

GG2012 wrote:ok, thanks. That is a good idea. Cockney geezer where did you go to add your site at for $4.95? And is it a monthly fee each month or one time pay?

PM me as i dont think you can advertise on here

Though its nothing to do with me..
cockney geezer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney geezer January 19th 2010, 11:39 pm

[3L173]Dar3D3ViL wrote:You could also write it on other forums, youtube videos, MSN, Facebook etc.

Sorry for being a bit Green Embarassed but how do you advertise forums on

Youtube
MSN
Facebook

Sorry but I dont normally use any of them Embarassed
cockney geezer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrum January 20th 2010, 12:32 am

In the admin panel under general there is an option that says invite friends. You can send invites to up to ten people from your Web Messenger or Social Networking account... As for YouTube, make a video advertising your forum. Another way to advertise on Social Networking sites is to make a banner and add it to your profile. When people view it, they'll see the banner and might become interested.
Conundrum
Forumember

Male Posts : 176

http://theskyfortress.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangMan99 January 20th 2010, 2:45 am

Depends on what your forum is about. The more specific, the less people you get. I just started my forums a month ago, and I have over 150 members.
MustangMan99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 January 20th 2010, 6:33 am

MustangMan99 wrote:Depends on what your forum is about. The more specific, the less people you get. I just started my forums a month ago, and I have over 150 members.

I have been working on it off and on since last month, but made it open for people to join since last week. MustangMan99 tell me how you were able to get so many members in short amount of time? Please PM me! My forum is pretty much not so specific and open for just about all ages, male & female members. It's for skin & hair care, as well as general discussion, fitness & nutrition, relationship. I have almost completed posting threads in the forum so it will not look deserted.

Conundrum, yes last week I invited 66 friends who are members from another skincare forum I'm on, but only 10 joined and 4 out of the 10 haven't posted. At the other forum I'm a high ranking member, and I posted the link in the sig. box (although my html link didn't work, so the html maybe disabled in the sig box?) so I pasted the link w/pic above the link. Other than my sig. link, I did not advertise in that forum because I didn't want to risk being banned. I started a facebook pg 2 days ago, tonight I invited 106 people.

Next I'll try youtube and open an account for my forum. I'll give Y!A a try too tomorrow the other option I'm woking on is by writing articles to an article site and provide my link.

yes, Cockney Geezer I'll pm you
[3L173]Dar3D3ViL how do you do that through MSN?

I was wondering what are the most effective ways to increase the members in large numbers quickly? Please feel free to pm me any specifics.
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney geezer January 20th 2010, 10:43 am

Conundrum wrote:In the admin panel under general there is an option that says invite friends. You can send invites to up to ten people from your Web Messenger or Social Networking account... As for YouTube, make a video advertising your forum. Another way to advertise on Social Networking sites is to make a banner and add it to your profile. When people view it, they'll see the banner and might become interested.

Cheers not into social network sites but a video for YOuTube sounds a good idea Exclamation
cockney geezer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney geezer January 20th 2010, 10:48 am

[quote="GG2012"]
MustangMan99 wrote:

Conundrum, yes last week I invited 66 friends who are members from another skincare forum I'm on, but only 10 joined and 4 out of the 10 haven't posted. At the other forum I'm a high ranking member, and I posted the link in the sig. box (although my html link didn't work, so the html maybe disabled in the sig box?) so I pasted the link w/pic above the link. Other than my sig. link, I did not advertise in that forum because I didn't want to risk being banned. I started a facebook pg 2 days ago, tonight I invited 106 people.

yes, Cockney Geezer I'll pm you
[3L173]Dar3D3ViL how do you do that through MSN?

I was wondering what are the most effective ways to increase the members in large numbers quickly? Please feel free to pm me any specifics.

Somepeole dont like change, but on the site youre am member reply to article saying yes theres an article on that in my forum and drop in your link Wink

Works a treat, also try to do something to the other site Idea
cockney geezer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney geezer January 21st 2010, 4:55 pm

After linking to the search engine I went into my google analytics site todat and saw some of my traffic is now coming through search engines :wouhou:

Also a good way to get members back is a monthly newsletter Exclamation
cockney geezer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 January 22nd 2010, 2:52 am

cockney geezer wrote:After linking to the search engine I went into my google analytics site todat and saw some of my traffic is now coming through search engines :wouhou:

Also a good way to get members back is a monthly newsletter Exclamation

thanks cockney geezer! I just finished linking my forum to the search engine, signed under google analytics, and I'll be sending a newsletter out tonight. I am hoping this works.

Also, if I say "theres an article on that in my forum" and then add my link, wouldnt the moderators there get upset for saying that and adding my link?
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 30th 2010, 1:26 pm

How effective are directory submissions? are they beneficial or a waste of time, please.
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down