The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to show members profile contact fields on members forum posts?

2 posters

Go down

Solved Is there a way to show members profile contact fields on members forum posts?

Post by Guest September 28th 2012, 4:22 pm

I have the members profiles on my forum set to advanced profile. And I have set the contact fields, on profile such MSN Messenger,Aim Messenger,Skype and website link. To be seen by guests and members on both profile and forum posts.

For example,here on this forum,my website link,contact field, shows up in all of my forum posts,as you can see. But on my forum, mine and other members website link and contact fields,Aim Messenger and the others.They do not show on the forum posts,only on the members profiles under,contact.Even though I have ticked it in the admin panel settings to show on both profile and posts.

But the other profile fields such as members location,hobbies,join date and posts show on the forum posts if I set it to show on both profile and posts. But the contact fields such as members website and Aim Messenger and other messenger contact fields only show on the profile and not on the forums posts.Like the other profile fields do.

But I would like the contacts fields such as website and Aim and other messenger contact fields to show on the forum posts. Just like they do on members posts here on this Forumotion forum.

So is there a way to get the contact fields on the profiles to also show in the forum posts like the other profile fields can be set to do. Or is this not possible with my forum version. I am using Invasion theme. Andrea Borman.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there a way to show members profile contact fields on members forum posts?

Post by SLGray September 28th 2012, 6:54 pm

Check to see if you have images for the contact buttons -
Administration Panel > Display > Colors & PIctures > Pics Management
Advanced Mode
Buttons Tab

Is there a way to show members profile contact fields on members forum posts? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there a way to show members profile contact fields on members forum posts?

Post by Guest September 28th 2012, 7:48 pm

Well I was unable to make any of the contact fields show on the posts on my Invision theme. So I tried changing my theme to phpBB3 and on this theme all of the contact fields now show up on both the profile and the forum posts.

When I had Invision skin the contact fields would only show on the profile but not on the posts.Even though I had set it to display the contact fields for guests to see.

But now that I have changed my forum skin or theme from Invision to phpBB3,the problem is solved.And the contact fields,my Aim Messenger and MSN contact field and my website link all now show on the posts and the profiles. So it seems that some forum themes display all of the settings or extra customization options but others don't. But I like the new phpBB3 theme better and I have also changed the webpage background color to my choice of pink instead of default white.

So the problem did seem to be the forum skin I had. But now that I have changed it to phpBB3,my problem is resolved. I just thought I would let you know. Andrea Borman.

Last edited by Andrea Borman on September 30th 2012, 12:51 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : I have solved the problem.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 30th 2012, 6:17 am

Topic Solved & Locked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down