The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Litigation really work ?

5 posters

Go down

Solved Does Litigation really work ?

Post by netsniper March 30th 2010, 11:21 am

I have a question about Litigation and the question is does it really work? the reason I asked this is because I have been contacted by an independent website complaining of their copyrighted material being displayed on a forumotion forum, the reason they contacted me was because I had the same inormation on my site which was posted by a member, the owners of the information politely asked me to remove it as it was infringing their copyright so I do, anyway back to the question the same website have now contacted me and asked if I can help in some way to get this same information removed from another forumotion site, I told them that I do not have any powers to do this and they would need to contact forumotion directly, I sent them a link to the Litigation and they then filed their complaint sometime ago and only as a last resort after contacting the Admin of the site and asking he/she to remove their content which they apparently refused to do, anyway since filing the litigation with Forumotion which was sometime a go and again more recently they haven't even had a reply all this information I am repeating was in the email they sent me, so once again they contacted me and asked if I had anymore contact information as the link they followed seemed to be a wast of time well I don't have anymore contact information which is what I told them, so back to the question does Litigation really work? for those who genuinely have reason to report a forum.
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1040
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Does Litigation really work ?

Post by netsniper August 6th 2010, 1:03 pm

Just to follow up on this I reported a forum to Typlo and Litigation on January 17th 2010, regarding a matter of my personal information being made public, well I have contacted Typlo on various occasions since but had no response, I'm not sure how the system works but I would have thought that someone would have contacted me to say the matter has been dealt with or not? anyway I gave up contacting Typlo as I wasn't getting any response at all, so I just left it thinking it was a complete waste of time , well a few months later I had the need to contact Typlo again because the same forum are now saying on the open forum that I'm a paedophile and a quite a few other horrible things too, again publicly naming me, now I'm not any of the things that they say, so as said I have contacted Typlo with all the relevant information inc a link, and copy of the thread etc., because I'm not sure the litigation link does anything at all???? I did this on 30th July 2010, and it went from my out box almost mediately, my question now is how long do I wait to get a response? and will I be told of the outcome? another question is how do I serve official papers to a forum owner for liable? do I get them sent to Forumotion or not?

Thank you Hello

I believe that this is covered below

Limitations of the services
The products and services can be used only in the precise way for which such products and services have been made for. You cannot use the products and services, or associate them to any content or activity which might be harmful to the any individual person's private rights :

* Contents which are illegal, harmful, threatening, improper, slanderous, vulgar, obscene or ethically reprehensible
* Content which disclose personal datum that could identifies children under age of 18 or which exploit the images.

netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by antasoz August 6th 2010, 3:53 pm

I also wonder if it really works, I reported a forum but no answer yet :/
antasoz

Language : Swedish

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper August 6th 2010, 4:00 pm

It's been 7 days since I reported the issue so I would have thought from reading other posts that I would have had some sort of contact Shocked

Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario August 6th 2010, 5:12 pm

You really don't get an answer from them. The lead guy (Typlo) is out so that is why there is no action taken.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper August 6th 2010, 5:21 pm

MrMario wrote:You really don't get an answer from them. The lead guy (Typlo) is out so that is why there is no action taken.

I hear what you say MrMario but I still get any contact from anyone since my first complaint January 17th 2010 Shocked so I'm now wondering if I will get a reply for the new litigation???????

Thank you for your reply Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 7th 2010, 7:12 am

forumotion and or onlineguardian are not obligated to get back and answer anyone that puts in a report or a complaint.The same way they are not obligated to tell or give anyone a reason why a persons forum was shut down.

If you have been reporting this.. and no action is taken then it means forumotion litigation's team or onlineguardian did not find the report or complaint to be enough for them to take any actions.

what ever the complain or report is.. you have to provide as much proof as posibil along with screen shots.. if it's something with copyrights that some one owns and another person/forum is useing any such materials then you have to provide proof such as a pdf file of documentation stating you or persons in fact own the rights to any copyrighted material..

I mean you have to understand.. people are cut throats and will fabricate and complain about everthing and anything just to have another person shut down.. forumotion and onlineguardian know this. and get false and fabricated stories complaints all the time.
So they are not going to shut anyone down unless there is some real proof or real indications that are legitimate and real violations of the given report or complain that is received.

they are not going to shut someone down just for bickering with each other.
if that was the case everyone would be shut down and know one would have any forums. forumotions litigation's team along with onlineguardian investigate all reports and complaints and make a decision. I mean i have explained this so many times to people that i am sick of hearing about this garbage. we are not even supposed to keep any such threads regarding complaints or reports about forums because this is a support forum for tech support and not where you make or discuss complaints about other forums.

but i try to be a nice guy and explain to people..
It seems people only here what they want to here?
the bottom line is you have to complain to forumotion litigation's.. it's in there hands and are a seprate team/staff from us here on forumotion support.
If a forum is in fact in real violations then they will be shut down.. Us staff here with the exception of typlo do not have anything to do with litigation's,policies or procedures.. but we do know they do not and will not shut anyone down without credible evidence and proof of any violations or accusations submitted.

All you can do is keep reporting it and provide solid information or proof that will clearly show there is a legit violation and forumotions litigations team will decide what action to take. whether it be handed over to onlinegurdian,Warnings put in place,contentent remomoval, forum being shut or leagel actions to be taken. (depending on a given report)

You can also check the status of a forum hat was reported and handed over to onlinegurdain@.
www.onlineguardian.net

if nothing comes up then that either means they did not feel the report was enough to have them shut down or forumotion has not handed it over to them yet.

by Typlo on Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:22 am

.Hello !

We announce you that from now on, if you want to make a complaint against a forum, you have to do this there :

https://www.forumotion.com/en/litigation/

You don't have to send a PM to a juridicial consultant or a moderator anymore, the staff will take care of your request via this tool !

If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to PM a member of the team

Cordially,
Forumotion staff

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper August 7th 2010, 11:18 am

Hi Kirk thank you for your reply and taking the time to explain a little, after reading the above I will assume that no matter what happens with litigation there will be no contact with the complainant? to say that the matter is being dealt with? which means we have no way of knowing if the matter even reached the litigation department? although I have read on here that various members have been advised to contact Typlo directly???? I will now use the link supplied again and send my complaint.

Since you say that it is a matter for litigation to decide if the complaint is worthy or not? even though it's quite blatant that they have published my name and whereabouts along with aligations of me being a paedophile, then my next question to you is how does anyone take legal action against a forum? when there is no way that a lawyer can know how to contact them for the issue of court papers? because they hide behind Forumotion?

Once again thank you very much for your reply

Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 7th 2010, 11:31 am

I think kirk clearly explained you the situation up here. I don't think we can answer your queries anymore, because all possible things have been very nicely explained by kirk.

The bottomline is, if you want some action to be taken against a forum, get solid proof due to which Online Guardian will ban the forum immediately.

Discussing anything on the support forum, will not yield any result.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper August 7th 2010, 11:37 am

Thank you Sanket for your reply, but all I'm doing here is trying to find out what my options are? since I'm not going to get a reply from either Online guardian or Typlo then I must look at the legal side of things and take my own action but this can not be done without any help from Forumotion who are my only point of contact for any papers that may need to be served, if you can direct me to someone at Forumotion that my lawyer can discuss this with in the event that Forumotion takes no action I would appreciate it

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 7th 2010, 11:46 am

If you have legal queries, you can contact Typlo.
I think that was amply clear to you from the beginning. The answers to these won't change.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper August 7th 2010, 11:54 am

Thank you Sanket, But I must have missed where it said "If you have legal queries, you can contact Typlo.
."
I will look again and see thank you

Cheers Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 7th 2010, 11:58 am

There is no statement as such. But, the thing is if you want to complain about a forum, use the litigation tool or PM Typlo.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper August 7th 2010, 12:01 pm

Sanket wrote:There is no statement as such. But, the thing is if you want to complain about a forum, use the litigation tool or PM Typlo.

Thank you Sanket I have done both, and as you know I don't get any response from Typlo? and no action is taken? but since you have now said I should contact Typlo about legal action I will do so.

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper August 7th 2010, 12:25 pm

Hi I'm now trying to follow the instructions but when I try to upload a screenshot I get this message Wrong picture (jpg, gif and png allowed)

I have saved it both as a jpg and png but it still wont have it? any ideas?

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper August 7th 2010, 12:37 pm

Ok No worries I've sorted it now, it would only upload Gif Shocked

Thank you
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 7th 2010, 12:46 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Does Litigation really work ? 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down