The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forumotion why no construction of the mobile version

+2
Darren1
maiquang
6 posters

Go down

forumotion why no construction of the mobile version Empty forumotion why no construction of the mobile version

Post by maiquang October 17th 2010, 5:29 am

The mobile phone is, therefore, very convenient for the user.
thanks
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Male Posts : 199
Language : VN

Back to top Go down

forumotion why no construction of the mobile version Empty Re: forumotion why no construction of the mobile version

Post by Darren1 October 17th 2010, 5:35 am

Hi,

This is not presently possible, feel free to vote for this in the appropriate topic, which is there if you want too Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

forumotion why no construction of the mobile version Empty Re: forumotion why no construction of the mobile version

Post by maiquang October 17th 2010, 5:37 am

I think Forumotion will be more well-known in the future.
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Spuddie978 October 17th 2010, 6:09 am

it is posible If you use HTML Templates forumotion offers
Spuddie978
Forumember

Male Posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang October 17th 2010, 6:14 am

FM Committee will provide it for all participants like worldpress
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Killerguitar October 17th 2010, 9:07 am

I'm not sure if I understand this right. Are you talking about a mobile version for your forums?

I'm visiting my forums and a lot of other forums made with forumotion with my smartphone and I never had any problems at all. As long as the Admin isn't using Gigabites of Pictures it's all okay. Even the Chatbox works on Simbian Phones fine! So why bother about it at all?!

Last edited by Mr.Killerguitar on October 17th 2010, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's a chatbox, not a chatboy :D)
Mr.Killerguitar
Mr.Killerguitar
Forumember

Male Posts : 388
Language : German, English, some indo-european stuff

http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2010, 11:21 am

#maiquang

Bold text are reserved for moderation, by staff members only.

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang October 17th 2010, 12:21 pm

with modern brower you can do that. Just for you!?
Everyone has a cellular phone now, we need the working environment is really professional and friendly.
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Killerguitar October 17th 2010, 2:03 pm

Mmh, but the today cellphones have real internet browsers, I don't think it's so necessary to enable a cellphone version of forumotion.

I don't even know what it should be looking like.... A forum is already quite handy itself.
Mr.Killerguitar
Mr.Killerguitar
Forumember

Male Posts : 388
Language : German, English, some indo-european stuff

http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang October 17th 2010, 7:39 pm

Look at Wordpress.com . I hope you'll understand.
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Agenda October 17th 2010, 8:25 pm

Although the entire forum cannot be duplicated and then converted into a perfect mobile version, an experienced administrator can, however, create a few HTML pages to fit common mobile screen dimensions with key elements of their site. For example, anyone skilled enough can easily create an RSS feed of their forum's latest topics and place it on said HTML page.

Its true that mobile pages of popular sites (such as m.sitename.com or sitename.com/m, etc.) hold the future to mobile browsing and ease-of-use for guests and members. However, keep in mind that creating a mobile version for a forum board may not be the best option. Forums are used for mass communication, not strict information gathering, such as a news site like CNN.com and their m.cnn.com domain for mobile devices. A forum practically demands that the user has a full and easy-to-use keyboard over a highly sensitive and slow-response touch screen.

There are positives and negatives to creating a mobile version for a Forumotion board, but I, nonetheless, encourage some experimentation.
Agenda
Agenda
Forumember

Male Posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Variver October 17th 2010, 9:44 pm

Here is a code that redirects all users on a mobile device to a different URL:

Code:

<!--

if (screen.width <= 699) {

document.location = "Replace this with the URL you want mobile users to go to.";

}

//-->

</script>

What I recommend doing is replasing the URL with a new HTML page, and start off from there.

Good luck. :wouhou:
Variver
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

http://purepkz.forumd.biz

Back to top Go down