The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Links showing up with a name instead of address

3 posters

Go down

Links showing up with a name instead of address Empty Links showing up with a name instead of address

Post by Korinth November 10th 2007, 9:19 am

I would like to have this url entry feature to also have another box where I can put the name of said link so it would show up as that name instead of the url address but when clicked is taken to that address.

I wish to add some more links into navigation module in portal and some sticky threads, but it does kind of look funny with an url address instead of an hyper linked "index" "FAQ" and so on.
Korinth
Korinth
Forumember

Male Posts : 37
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Links showing up with a name instead of address Empty Re: Links showing up with a name instead of address

Post by zinex November 10th 2007, 11:15 am

To add more links to the nav bar:

Go to admin panel>>>styles>>>>headers

scroll down and you can then add a url to the image icon you want in the nav bar, then inthe redirection URL put the URL you want members to be sent to when they click it, then in the alternative text box, type what you want the url to be called, the name...say arcade.

To add any links in your forum without the URL showing you can do this:

Code:
<a href="PUT URL HERE">NAME OF URL HERE</a>
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Links showing up with a name instead of address Empty Re: Links showing up with a name instead of address

Post by Korinth November 10th 2007, 11:38 am

Thank you very much Zinex, it works fine for the portal navigation box, but I still cannot get it to work in edit post in the forums *sighs* as it has an url button that I have to click before adding a link and click again after I add it.

I would suggest that forumotion adds an alternative text box to the url buttons for new post and edit post, similar to the one in styles > header area of the administrator control panel
Korinth
Korinth
Forumember

Male Posts : 37
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem November 10th 2007, 4:39 pm

=> Lock
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down