The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

+61
bigugly11
ozmum
wow99
Base
MasterClaus
Bad Wolf
Zod
bplewis24
Asteroid35
Zeus
trashead
Ms.Milady
!_NICK_!
paor
Cody!
Tropica
hackmodford
maiquang
esoterica
Rogo
Ivo94
darkspectre
mpelmmc
LH Justin
sisterval
D
mrs dj
lisa1302
RisingForce
Natarama
felicity4us2
Login!
SoulART
TT_05_Stang
Ezio
Russel
huskyadmin
HyBrIdIzAtIoN
sivastar
Brad38
MarkChan
eagle8x
YoshiGM
BA_admin
LostLegend
JaloxinGraphics
Darren1
paint
adminplpl
-17emon.KiD-
Made
musket
Syfte
tugatech
TGC HARDC0RE
ToTheFuture
jamski
Irian
MrMario
Emilio
Shadow
65 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 4 Empty NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by Shadow February 23rd 2011, 5:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Hello,

In order to continuously improve our services and to bring you the best in the world of forums, we offer you today a new update that will add three brand new features. Very Happy

Without making you wait longer, here are the contents of this update:

1. Modifying the footer of your forums : In exchange of credits, you will know be able to delete the footer. Extra feature, you can also add your own links for free!

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 4 RvVKI

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 4 MriZm

2. More options in the moderation panel : You will now be able to change several topics at a time to 'sticky', 'announcement' or 'normal' in a few clicks!

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 4 BLNoK

3. Your forum on your Mobile phone : Now, your forums are fully optimized for browsing via mobile devices and smartphones. The principle is very simple, the forum will automatically detect the visitors who access it from a mobile device or smartphone, and it automatically displays a version optimized for this type of navigation.
Of course, the visitor who does not wish to use the mobile version will be available to him the possibility to return to normal view forum.
This feature is still in beta, you will only be able to browse the forum as a guest. No posting yet.

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 4 GZXj6

Finally, A big THANK YOU to the entire Forumotion community for all those brilliant ideas!
See you soon!

Best,
Forumotion Team

Last edited by Typlo on February 25th 2011, 4:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 4 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by D February 26th 2011, 8:42 pm

Posting with my blackberry now :wouhou:
D
D
Forumember

Female Posts : 59
Language : English

Back to top Go down

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 4 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by lisa1302 February 26th 2011, 8:54 pm

Yes I understand that, that doesn't really prove anything - how do you know you are on the beta version?! I can post perfectly well on any mobile device but NOT on beta version because it doesn't allow log in and posting

All I am trying to establish is - are you on beta mode? If you are not sure what that is them maybe you aren't on beta mobile?! In which case your comments regarding being able to log in, post and see images really aren't relevant.
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Female Posts : 305
Language : Enlish

http://www.babiesandall.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sisterval February 26th 2011, 8:54 pm

D wrote:I just found the "foot links Configuration" under ADMIN Panel Modules but nothing happens when I try to modify and ad my own links. Do you have to buy credits,is this why?

Weird that sisterval's links are gone.

My forum is as follows and the footer is not there as you will see.

http://poetry.forum-motion.com/forum
sisterval
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by D February 26th 2011, 9:01 pm

Well I was never able to post before, always could see
Forum and login with my cell but could never post,
One of my members tried montha ago and
Forumotion said way back then that it wasn't
Available for mobiles so I'm assuming now that
I can post it must be because of this update. Forumotion
Can reply and say whether this is correct or not.
D
D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 February 26th 2011, 9:06 pm

My forum has been perfect on mobiles since it started - the update hasn't changed anything.
You'll know if you are on the beta version as it wont look a thing like your forum - it has no headers or side widgets - just grey blocks for each forum, no colour scheme or whatever your forum has usually. At the bottom of the grey blocks you should see a button 'Classic View' that sends you back to view your forum how its viewed on a PC. If it looks like your forum then thats just normal classic view.
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by D February 26th 2011, 9:10 pm

Ok guess its not beta then but weird that we could never post by cell but now can
D
D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by darkspectre February 27th 2011, 11:46 am

The update with the footer is so stupid.
It's just an invitation to remove footer from templates(you posted how, in this topic, second post) or remove the footer trough css.
Now you can't say if the footer is deleted from the Admin. panel or trough templates/css, so there almost nothing to do about it(I mean, if you look in the source of the forum, or use the developer tools from GC, you can, but this to much headache for the staffs of support forums, checking all the forums that have footer disabled, and than look for those that disabled it with template/css...).

When tehnicians will realize what they did, they will inject the footers trough the server, and use a variable class for it, just like they did with the ads, and that will slow even more your forums.
darkspectre
darkspectre
Forumember

Male Posts : 160
Language : Romanian

http://www.fg-coding.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 27th 2011, 12:47 pm

Very interesting...

But still want template editing for all versions!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivo94 February 27th 2011, 12:54 pm

Nice, but how can I earn those credits? Embarassed
Ivo94
Forumember

Male Posts : 84
Language : English, Dutch

http://septemberfans.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Irian February 27th 2011, 1:58 pm

Irian wrote:it don't go with my phone...
UP??

LH Justin wrote:Is there any way to turn off mobile? All I get on my forum is a link that says "Classic", and when you click it it takes you to the register page. Most likely because I have my forum hidden and new members disabled, but this mobile version completely ignores the fact that I have a homepage set.
also Justin said it! bwi bwi bwi
Irian
Irian
Forumember

Male Posts : 661
Language : English, Français, Spagnol, Latin, ecc.

http://www.puregroups.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogo February 27th 2011, 11:58 pm

Not sure if it as been brought up but the Global Announcement feature is not and option for the mod update. All we have is regular announcement.
Rogo
Forumember

http://thebalm.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 February 28th 2011, 12:09 am

I thought Global Announcement was Admin only because mods can be limited to what forums they moderate - so should only be able to add announcements to the forum they are currently moderating?
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sisterval February 28th 2011, 12:41 am

sisterval wrote:
D wrote:I just found the "foot links Configuration" under ADMIN Panel Modules but nothing happens when I try to modify and ad my own links. Do you have to buy credits,is this why?

Weird that sisterval's links are gone.

My forum is as follows and the footer is not there as you will see.

My members are having big problems getting onto the forum I would really appreciate some help please.

sisterval
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by esoterica March 1st 2011, 6:42 am

Hi all,
I've read the pages of responses here but I can't find any way to turn the mobile option off permanently.
None of my members wanted such a thing and none of them like the change.
I also hate going to my own site now unless it's on a non-mobile device... which I'm rarely at.
Please, does someone have a way to stop the mobile option completely & permanently?
Thanks!
esoterica

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang March 1st 2011, 1:12 pm

Just watch the opera mini is better. But on many other mobile browsers are not present. is a version for your computer.
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Male Posts : 199
Language : VN

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel March 1st 2011, 4:51 pm

Oh! Update: It now works on my mobile phone LG and Nokia! I am using opera mini browser and it looks good! Thanks!
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
Language : English, Filipino

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang March 1st 2011, 4:57 pm

Not work on Nokia 2626
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Male Posts : 199
Language : VN

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin March 1st 2011, 10:03 pm

It doesn't even work on my iPod half the time. tongue
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 2nd 2011, 4:15 am

Cool. I suggested the mobile page feature HERE but I don't like the fact that I can't modify it at all. The colors, the icons and everything doesn't look like my site at all. Looks like people are logging on to a different page when they see that. Also with the way my forum is coded, the category names do not display. I know this is brand new and in beta but please consider these features be available as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by hackmodford March 2nd 2011, 6:31 pm

I would have preferred just some simple tapatalk integration...

I really would like to be able to turn this feature off (especially cause it's in BETA)

I hope someday we can skin the mobile version (I expect it guys Wink )

And just please give us tapatalk support!
hackmodford
Forumember

Male Posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Tropica March 3rd 2011, 4:24 am

I m sorry, but some of our members complain about this mobile version look.
Some of our active members do not like it and said as if they didn’t come into forum site and not comfort to browse the threads. But some said it is ok/good.

And some, at the first, do not aware about the option of “classical version”
How about to change the word “classical version” to be the word that is more clear, such as: normal view or standard view or desktop version

And how about not make it automatically, but with different address/url , e.g. mobile.* or m.*

Thank you for the update.
Tropica
Forumember

Language : Indonesian

http://gayindoforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody! March 3rd 2011, 5:50 am

excelent update !
Cody!
Cody!
Forumember

Male Posts : 38
Language : Spanish and English

http://www.tuforoparawebmasters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paor March 3rd 2011, 10:36 am

(sorry on my bad english)

I just bought 500 points to remove footer ... how can I do it in the ACP

phpbb3 version

tnx
paor
Forumember

Language : Croatian

http://poljoprivredni-forum.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! March 4th 2011, 2:50 am

Thanks for updating. I really thank you. The forum is my life!
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture March 4th 2011, 4:27 pm

paor wrote:(sorry on my bad english)

I just bought 500 points to remove footer ... how can I do it in the ACP

phpbb3 version

tnx

Read it properly.
ACP> Misc> Spend Credits> Copyright
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Milady March 7th 2011, 8:30 pm

Little confusion maybe bc i am new here :/
Ms.Milady

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Milady March 7th 2011, 8:45 pm

Can anyone tell me how can i increase my credits on my website without buying them?
Ms.Milady

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel March 7th 2011, 10:10 pm

Tropica wrote:I m sorry, but some of our members complain about this mobile version look.
Some of our active members do not like it and said as if they didn’t come into forum site and not comfort to browse the threads. But some said it is ok/good.
Yes, most of members have not satisfied with the mobile version but I think Typlo is still modifying or fixing about the issue. We hope this will be updated soon.

Tropica wrote:And some, at the first, do not aware about the option of “classical version”
How about to change the word “classical version” to be the word that is more clear, such as: normal view or standard view or desktop version
I agree with your thought, I would much prefer to normal view or standard view or desktop version.

Tropica wrote:And how about not make it automatically, but with different address/url , e.g. mobile.* or m.*
And this would be clearer also. But look if we will put m.help.forumotion.com Seems not good.

About the Footer links, i have spent 500 credits for the removal of the footer. But it does not work. Proof: http://www.socialtechforum.com/ I use Phpbb3. How will it work? Thanks
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by trashead March 10th 2011, 6:38 am

i can view my site using mobile version but i can't see any login menu. So what I did is login in a classic website view and then login and go back to the mobile view, when I browsing one of my topics, I cant see any reply or quick reply box? What seems to be the problem?
trashead
trashead

Language : english

http://lagunamotoclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel March 10th 2011, 3:39 pm

trashead wrote:i can view my site using mobile version but i can't see any login menu. So what I did is login in a classic website view and then login and go back to the mobile view, when I browsing one of my topics, I cant see any reply or quick reply box? What seems to be the problem?

what is the brand of your phone? Not all models of mobile phones do not support some features of mobile version of forumotion now. Maybe there will be more fixes to do but we need to wait and have patience. Soon enough. It would be better and fixed. Smile
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next