The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible?

2 posters

Go down

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible? Empty How to get group of forums (categories?) visible?

Post by Finestor34 December 6th 2007, 3:45 pm

I have a big problem to get group names (categories) and its "boxes" visible in homepage. pale Here link to the homepage now.

http://luontofoorumi.motionforum.net/

I mean text like now in the blue line where now text "Forum", there name of a Group (category). In it is already 2 or more forums. And after it an other blue line box with name of the next group of forums. There may be a simple solution, but unfortunately I can not find it. I can get categories (if they are the ones I am looking after?) visible in the list of Administration panel but not in Homepage. Hope you get the question right. Smile Many thanks for HELP!
Finestor34

Language : Finnish

Back to top Go down

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible? Empty Still the problem to make categories visible

Post by Finestor34 December 12th 2007, 10:49 pm

Sorry, but is here in support forum anyone who can answer questions? It is possible to make categories, but category's are totally invisible in forums homepage (Finnish version phpBB3). What to do?

Also there is buttons with French text like "noveau" and "r'epodre". How to correct this to Finnish (or English) ones?
Finestor34

Back to top Go down

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible? Empty Re: How to get group of forums (categories?) visible?

Post by zinex December 12th 2007, 10:53 pm

Hi there, sorry you havent been answered yet. I am afraid i cant help you with the buttons but for categories...go into your admin>>>general>>>homepage>>>hierarchy. You can now set your categories to how you want them to look Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible? Empty Not jet OK

Post by Finestor34 December 13th 2007, 12:53 pm

Many thanks for answering. I have tried your advise also before. Here the best result "Split categories on index: No"

http://luontofoorumi.motionforum.net/index.htm

There are two categories like I put in Administration panel. But now there are also all forums made to categories! Shocked How to correct this? Here how they are in Administration panel (and how I wot they to be) :

http://luontofoorumi.motionforum.net/admin/index.forum?part=forum&sub=manage&extended_admin=1&sid=709cab86339a707eaceb96c3fc3bee4f

I will be most grateful if you also can give advise where ask of wrong language buttons. Hello
Finestor34

Back to top Go down

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible? Empty Re: How to get group of forums (categories?) visible?

Post by zinex December 13th 2007, 1:04 pm

i cannot see how you want them to be as that your admin panel, but i am guessing...go into admin>>>into forum>>>into categories and forum management. you need to make sure that you have the forums you want in the same category to be all connected to that same category, not ones of their own Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible? Empty More information

Post by Finestor34 December 13th 2007, 3:13 pm

Hello;

I don't completely understand what you mean
in the same category to be all connected to that same category, not ones of their own

My goal is to make 2 separate categories like thy are in Administration pane; for the first one 2 forums, and for the second the rest of forums. If I succeed in this so it is later possible to make 1-2 categories more. Sorry my English, I will try my best! Confused
Finestor34

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex December 13th 2007, 3:19 pm

lol thats okay! when you go into your admin, into forum and into category and forum management, you should see a list that might look like this:

Board name
|Category 1
| |
| |forum 1
| |forum 2
|
|Category 2
| |
| |forum3
| |forum 4

and so on. What that shows is that forums 1 and 2 are connected to category 1, and forums 3 and 4 are connected to category 2.

In category and forum management you can modify forums that you have made by clicking on the orange cog. make sure that each forum is connected to the right category and remove any extra categories you have.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible? Empty Still probem

Post by Finestor34 December 13th 2007, 3:44 pm

Yes, just so it is made in Administration panel. Except, there is no empty room after each category. It is also impossible to make there empty forum, because "forum must have a name". So we have still the problem. Question

Sorry that the link to that place in panel don't show. I can send a picture if necessary.

And totally offtopic; if there is the picture of you, you looks exactly like my daughter. It could be a picture of her. Very Happy
Finestor34

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex December 13th 2007, 4:03 pm

lol yes it is a pic of me Smile I am not sure how best to help you...so here is a screen shot of how my forums are set up..and of my homepage

Spoiler:
<-- click the spolier to see screenshot

then in admin>>>general>>>homepage>>>hierarchy the only choic i have selected is Split categories on index : medium.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Finestor34 December 13th 2007, 4:29 pm

Here is picture of my panel. Seems to be like yours, but not in homepage. There it is split categories index (now) Non, other possibilities like Medium make subforums not visible.

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible? Hallintapaneelistauusi

Hope you get the picture.
Finestor34

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex December 13th 2007, 4:31 pm

go back into hierachy and select medium, then scroll lower down and select display sub forums either as links or as links with icon, will that do? Very Happy
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Finestor34 December 13th 2007, 4:48 pm

Here the result:

How to get group of forums (categories?) visible? Hallintapaneeli2

Like I say before not good at all. Confused All possibilities is tests.
Finestor34

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex December 13th 2007, 4:53 pm

i just pmed you as i noticed your picture shows it still isnt right, you are not connecting the forums to the categories, you are making them as categories. When you add a forum you have two choices, make a category or forum. You want to make a few main categories...then when you want to make a forum to appear in that category, on the page to make a forum it will have an option, attach this forum to: select the category, not the main title luontofoorumi sateenkaari

for example:

You want to attach foorumin laatikot to luontofoorumi sateenkaari tiedotuksia ja ohjeita

and only luontofoorumi sateenkaari tiedotuksia ja ohjeita should be attached to luontofoorumi sateenkaari
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down