The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I get rid of desktop icon background color in XP?

4 posters

Go down

How do I get rid of desktop icon background color in XP? Empty How do I get rid of desktop icon background color in XP?

Post by paulelliott October 10th 2011, 11:00 am

Hi all,

My issue is hopefully a simple one to fix. I'm running XP Professional (SP2) on my home computer. All my desktop icons show the background color behind each icon's name. I want to get rid of that. I know it can be done, because my computer at work has the same OS and the desktop icons are all "clear". I did some checking in the desktop properties, but I'm unable to find how to make the change. How do I fix this? Any advise on this would be great help.

Thanks.
paulelliott

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How do I get rid of desktop icon background color in XP? Empty Re: How do I get rid of desktop icon background color in XP?

Post by Nera. October 10th 2011, 11:08 am

Hi,
This is an Forumotion support forum and support is given for that only. You should google a bit, something like this maybe http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/why-do-my-icons-have-a-background-color-in-windows-xp/

Very good
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

How do I get rid of desktop icon background color in XP? Empty Re: How do I get rid of desktop icon background color in XP?

Post by adamchen October 10th 2011, 5:04 pm

paulelliott wrote:Hi all,

My issue is hopefully a simple one to fix. I'm running XP Professional (SP2) on my home computer. All my desktop icons show the background color behind each icon's name. I want to get rid of that. I know it can be done, because my computer at work has the same OS and the desktop icons are all "clear". I did some checking in the desktop properties, but I'm unable to find how to make the change. How do I fix this? Any advise on this would be great help.

Thanks.

Hi, Paul..

You can try this one,

1. Right click on My computer
2. Click properties
3. Go to advanced tab.
4. Under Perfomance click Settings
under Visual Effect
Use Adjust for Best Appearance and Apply.
Probably this works, if not check or unchecks some shadow boxes and then apply...

Let me know it if works Wink

- Signature link removed
Very good

Last edited by Nera. on October 10th 2011, 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Worng spelling)
adamchen

Back to top Go down

Post by Base October 10th 2011, 6:30 pm

As Nera said, this support forum is for Forumotion-related problems. Therefore, this topic will be locked. If you need help with something related to your forum, then feel free to open up a new topic. Wink

Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down