The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum loading Slower on Page Number Changes

3 posters

Go down

Forum loading Slower on Page Number Changes Empty Forum loading Slower on Page Number Changes

Post by runawayhorses May 27th 2012, 1:16 pm

I've noticed that when in a topic that has more than one page (1,2,3,4) and when you go to the next page the right-hand side panel with the widgets and the top panel with the "new topic" and "post reply" buttons loads slower at that time than any other time. For example, if the topic only has one page those things seem to load at the normal speed, but if you are in a topic that has more than one page and you go to the next page the side panel and top hesitate for a second then loads. That happens on this forum and others. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and was there anyway to correct it? Also maybe someone could give an explanation as to why that is happening. This only seems to happen when going to another page in a topic. I have tried narrowing it down to what was causing it to load like that by taking away a widget or a code or the Quick Reply and making the page lighter to load, but nothing seems to make a difference at all. So my guess is that there is nothing we can do in the CSS stylesheet or anywhere else for that matter to correct this particular situation. I have very little javascript running as I think this forum does too. Sure we can make the page lighter to load in general, but to make that part I mentioned load the same all the time and not slower when clicking the next page might be out of our hands. Any ideas or solutions?

thanks
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Forum loading Slower on Page Number Changes Empty Re: Forum loading Slower on Page Number Changes

Post by Equal May 27th 2012, 1:50 pm

Hi there runawayhorses,

The Other Problems category is for this type of issue. I will be happy to assist you if you move it to the appropriate section. Just doing this so you can avoid being penalised.
Equal
Equal
Forumember

Male Posts : 81
Language : English, German

Back to top Go down

Forum loading Slower on Page Number Changes Empty Re: Forum loading Slower on Page Number Changes

Post by runawayhorses May 27th 2012, 1:54 pm

penalized? what? I posted a topic that is completely appropriate for this section. Don't tell me what to do I know my way around this site and what is within the rules. I'm not newbie like you, I been here for years. I have never received a warning or a reminder or been "penalised" and I don't intend to start now. You are in position to "assist" me.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Equal May 27th 2012, 2:06 pm

runawayhorses wrote:penalized? what? I posted a topic that is completely appropriate for this section. Don't tell me what to do I know my way around this site and what is within the rules. I'm not newbie like you, I been here for years. I have never received a warning or a reminder or been "penalised" and I don't intend to start now. You are in position to "assist" me.

I've been on Forumotion since 2007. I've just forgotten my original account.
Equal
Equal
Forumember

Male Posts : 81
Language : English, German

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses May 27th 2012, 2:11 pm

Then you would know I am right and did not post in the wrong section. I posted a "group discussion" type question that is completely appropriate for this section of the forum. If you "forgot" your original account that is your problem and has nothing to do with this topic or me.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Base May 27th 2012, 2:58 pm

Equal: if a staff member sees that this topic is in the wrong section then they will move it. You do not need to report this issue either, as it does not require immediate action. There are no rules against posting in the wrong section and there certainly won't be any 'penalisation' on my watch. Please refrain from acting like a moderator, thank you.

Now, I will be glad to move this to the other problems section.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down