The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Hidden groups.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Hidden groups.

Post by RPM on February 20th 2013, 3:49 pm

I have two questions, that are related. The first one is rather simple.

I have a members group, where everyone is automaticly put in when they join. If i make it hidden, will new members still be added automaticly, or will i have to do it by hand?

2nd one:

I want to make "clans" for my members, were someone can own it, and decline or accepts members. Can i hide these groups, but keep my admin, mod, glob mod and gfxd groups visible? and if i do hide those groups, can members still send in a request?

RPM
Forumember

Posts : 375
Reputation : 7
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by Shelby™ on February 20th 2013, 3:56 pm

@RPM wrote:I have two questions, that are related. The first one is rather simple.

I have a members group, where everyone is automaticly put in when they join. If i make it hidden, will new members still be added automaticly, or will i have to do it by hand?

2nd one:

I want to make "clans" for my members, were someone can own it, and decline or accepts members. Can i hide these groups, but keep my admin, mod, glob mod and gfxd groups visible? and if i do hide those groups, can members still send in a request?

1.) As I seen yes, the hidden groups are still available, but if you set them closed groups, then not.

2.) You can hide groups, and keep the others visible, just simple click on the group (within the admin panel) and hide it. I don't think you can accept or decline members, but you can make an application section where they can apply to be a member, and you can add/remove them.

Hope it's helped.Wink

Shelby™
Forumember

Male Posts : 185
Reputation : 6
Language : Hungarian(native), English
Location : Hungary

http://evasion.forumo.org/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by RPM on February 20th 2013, 4:02 pm

opp wrote:
@RPM wrote:I have two questions, that are related. The first one is rather simple.

I have a members group, where everyone is automaticly put in when they join. If i make it hidden, will new members still be added automaticly, or will i have to do it by hand?

2nd one:

I want to make "clans" for my members, were someone can own it, and decline or accepts members. Can i hide these groups, but keep my admin, mod, glob mod and gfxd groups visible? and if i do hide those groups, can members still send in a request?

1.) As I seen yes, the hidden groups are still available, but if you set them closed groups, then not.

2.) You can hide groups, and keep the others visible, just simple click on the group (within the admin panel) and hide it. I don't think you can accept or decline members, but you can make an application section where they can apply to be a member, and you can add/remove them.

Hope it's helped.Wink

Thanks. For 2, i`m not the groups leader. It would be the creator of the "clan". And, If i make an application section, then my forum would turn into a mess; which it was when i did the clans manually.

RPM
Forumember

Posts : 375
Reputation : 7
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by Shelby™ on February 20th 2013, 4:11 pm

@RPM wrote:
opp wrote:
@RPM wrote:I have two questions, that are related. The first one is rather simple.

I have a members group, where everyone is automaticly put in when they join. If i make it hidden, will new members still be added automaticly, or will i have to do it by hand?

2nd one:

I want to make "clans" for my members, were someone can own it, and decline or accepts members. Can i hide these groups, but keep my admin, mod, glob mod and gfxd groups visible? and if i do hide those groups, can members still send in a request?

1.) As I seen yes, the hidden groups are still available, but if you set them closed groups, then not.

2.) You can hide groups, and keep the others visible, just simple click on the group (within the admin panel) and hide it. I don't think you can accept or decline members, but you can make an application section where they can apply to be a member, and you can add/remove them.

Hope it's helped.Wink

Thanks. For 2, i`m not the groups leader. It would be the creator of the "clan". And, If i make an application section, then my forum would turn into a mess; which it was when i did the clans manually.

Well, the last way (that I know) is applying via PM. Sorry, I don't think there is any way to realize this. :/

Shelby™
Forumember

Male Posts : 185
Reputation : 6
Language : Hungarian(native), English
Location : Hungary

http://evasion.forumo.org/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by RPM on February 20th 2013, 4:36 pm

Thanks for your help. Maybe an admin has a code to just remove a certain group from the legend without hiding it?

RPM
Forumember

Posts : 375
Reputation : 7
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by Shelby™ on February 20th 2013, 5:44 pm

@RPM wrote:Thanks for your help. Maybe an admin has a code to just remove a certain group from the legend without hiding it?


Hmmm, possibly yes.

Shelby™
Forumember

Male Posts : 185
Reputation : 6
Language : Hungarian(native), English
Location : Hungary

http://evasion.forumo.org/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by SLGray on February 20th 2013, 5:49 pm

Create clan groups and make someone the group moderator. The group moderator can deny or accept members.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35620
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by Base on February 20th 2013, 5:50 pm

Members can only request to join a group if it's opened. If you decide to hide the group, members won't be able to request to join.

The group moderator of the group, as stated above, is able to then accept or decline any requests.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by RPM on February 20th 2013, 5:52 pm

@SLGray wrote:Create clan groups and make someone the group moderator. The group moderator can deny or accept members.
That is what i`m already doing. It`s just annoying - and very messy - to have all those groups on the legend, and members won`t be able to see the clans, and wont be able to get in.

EDIT:
@Base wrote:Members can only request to join a group if it's opened. If you decide to hide the group, members won't be able to request to join.

The group moderator of the group, as stated above, is able to then accept or decline any requests.

Finally! That is my point. My legend is messy, and hard to look through, but if i hide the group, no one can put in a request to join.

Somewhere on the forum, i saw a code to remove the legend. Is it possible to just remove certain groups from the legend, witout hiding them?

RPM
Forumember

Posts : 375
Reputation : 7
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by SLGray on February 20th 2013, 5:58 pm

You can hide groups, but have them colored so members can see who is in them. Then members who want to join a group can send a private message to the group moderators.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35620
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by RPM on February 20th 2013, 6:01 pm

@SLGray wrote:You can hide groups, but have them colored so members can see who is in them. Then members who want to join a group can send a private message to the group moderators.

Thanks. I think i`m just gonna hide the legend and just post a long list of the clans, unless there is a way to use CSS to hide the groups. You can lock this, and if you find a solution, you can just PM me.

RPM
Forumember

Posts : 375
Reputation : 7
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hidden groups.

Post by SLGray on February 20th 2013, 6:03 pm

Ok.
Topic Solved & Locked


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35620
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum