The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immediate Removal of FM Chat & Validate Registration Field Tutorial Codes

+2
CoL
Sanket
6 posters

Go down

Important Immediate Removal of FM Chat & Validate Registration Field Tutorial Codes

Post by Sanket Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:20

Contest
Immediate Removal of FM Chat & Validate Registration Field Tutorial Codes

Hello Everyone ! Hello

This is an important announcement related to the following two tutorials that were posted on this support forum previously.
1) How to Validate Registration Fields Automatically
Immediate Removal of FM Chat & Validate Registration Field Tutorial Codes 1zqyff9

2) FM Chat
Immediate Removal of FM Chat & Validate Registration Field Tutorial Codes 2pt5guw

It was noticed that the javascript codes generated some malicious code due to some unwarranted reasons which was modifying Forumotion Data without the knowledge of the users installing it. Please remove the codes with immediate effect to avoid any trouble. If you have any questions on how to remove these, you can ask in this thread.

Regret the Inconvenience. Thank you for your co-operation.

A ForuMotion Important Announcement
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Important Re: Immediate Removal of FM Chat & Validate Registration Field Tutorial Codes

Post by CoL Sun Feb 24 2013, 03:43

No codes for 5.0?
CoL
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Important Re: Immediate Removal of FM Chat & Validate Registration Field Tutorial Codes

Post by SLGray Sun Feb 24 2013, 03:45

Everyone who have installed these tutorials have to remove them. These tutorials are no longer available.

Immediate Removal of FM Chat & Validate Registration Field Tutorial Codes Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by CoL Sun Feb 24 2013, 06:36

Is there anyway i can add a pop up Chatbox again?
CoL
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendo Mon Feb 25 2013, 03:59

Crap. This sucks. Is this why FMQuery was shut down? Because I loved that site. ;(
Pendo
Pendo
Forumember

Male Posts : 217

http://lorecraft.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Mon Feb 25 2013, 07:19

Pendo wrote:Crap. This sucks. Is this why FMQuery was shut down? Because I loved that site. ;(
This is not the place to discuss why a forum has closed.

Immediate Removal of FM Chat & Validate Registration Field Tutorial Codes Slgray10

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 23:04

SLGray wrote:
Pendo wrote:Crap. This sucks. Is this why FMQuery was shut down? Because I loved that site. ;(
This is not the place to discuss why a forum has closed.

Yes it is, because when you request from members to do remove it you need to explain why.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Fri Mar 08 2013, 01:23

This is the reason why the code has to be removed:

It was noticed that the javascript codes generated some malicious code due to some unwarranted reasons which was modifying Forumotion Data without the knowledge of the users installing it. Please remove the codes with immediate effect to avoid any trouble. If you have any questions on how to remove these, you can ask in this thread.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 17:37

I've talk with lg and him, both confirmed that there are nothing like that in those codes. Also im 100% sure Sanket can't know better javascript than Lg. So there must be some reason behind it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Fri Mar 08 2013, 17:44

Coolyou wrote:I've talk with lg and him, both confirmed that there are nothing like that in those codes. Also im 100% sure Sanket can't know better javascript than Lg. So there must be some reason behind it.
It was confirmed by Forumotion Technicians & not by me. I am not claiming to be better at anything against anyone. So Please do not make personal comments which are not required. If you have got the answer why his forum was closed by him, there is no reason to bring the topic up here.
This post does not require a reply. Thank you.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming Fri Mar 08 2013, 21:21

Since I know for a fact there was no malicious coding, since I've looked at this myself, I don't understand why you would suggest that someones good codes have been tampering with sites. Which in fact you are saying in this thread. I believe you all lost one of THE BEST staff members, since you guys are never around to answer questions correctly. Anyways off the point, I would like to see the evidence behind the malicious coding before you go and ruining someones Reputation.
I work with LG and Rideem over at AvacWeb which is by far superior, and will always be. The staff there is nice, reputable and have common sense. Also adults. In my frustration in coming back over to the support forum and seeing this thread, I have been angered by this nonsensical thread and am just overwhelmed with anger.
To ruin someones Reputation by saying their code has malicious coding, and code been tampering with others sites. In which JavaScript doesn't really do unless its broken script and then it will throw errors in the console. I have never seen such an issue with the codes and will remember how you have treated a good member!

Good Day! I said Good Day!
nextlevelgaming
nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Male Posts : 989
Language : English|CSS|HTML5|javascript|

http://www.easybbtutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Fri Mar 08 2013, 21:37

First things first, I am not answerable to you Wink

This thread here is for removal of the codes & any help related to it, as it was causing revenue losses for FM. We are not here to compare any forums nor to malign anyone's reputation. Me as a admin was as much troubled by the loss of this staff member. The malicious codes have been removed by the author himself. I am not as much enthusiastic to provide you with proofs. Also, this discussion is nothing but causing more disrepute to the user. So just atleast think of what you are achieving by this.

If you or anyone else goes off topic other than getting help for removal of codes after this post, we will be forced to issue a warning. So please just be careful. Thank you. Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather Tue Jun 04 2013, 16:45

hello,
the redirection problem to the site http://www.malware-site.www is cosed by a javascript containing the google url shortener : http://malware-site.www that is the shortenered url of http://www.malware-site.www/12000.js

all of those having this redirection problem aded a code like this one bellow on the admin panel >> modules >> Javascript codes management

Code:
var redir_url = 'http://www.fmquery.com/'; if (window != top) { top.location.href = redir_url; } else { window.location = redir_url; }

all what you have to do is:

1. desable the javascript on your browser
2. acess you forum admin panel >> modules >> Javascript codes management
3. delate the indicated Javascript

in our side, we will try to kill this codes directlly on our databases. rambo

In the meantime, you have the solution to fix this without waiting Wink
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down