The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captcha - Do NOt want it on my website Please!

5 posters

Go down

Captcha - Do NOt want it on my website Please! Empty Captcha - Do NOt want it on my website Please!

Post by wrap May 25th 2013, 10:07 pm

I am the Founder and am getting the Captcha and do NOT want it on my board. Period. This has NEVER happened before. I've had no complaints from other members EXCEPT one of my admins. We do NOT allow guests to post so that is not an issue for us.

HOW do you get Captcha completely OFF? I do NOT want this on my website. And, WHY is this just happening since yesterday? My website w/be 4 years old on May 28th. This is ridiculous when even me, the Founder, has to use a code to post. Thank you.
wrap

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Captcha - Do NOt want it on my website Please! Empty Re: Captcha - Do NOt want it on my website Please!

Post by SLGray May 26th 2013, 12:12 am

This is part of the spam filter Forumotion has installed on all forums. It is not possible to remove it.

Captcha - Do NOt want it on my website Please! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Captcha - Do NOt want it on my website Please! Empty Re: Captcha - Do NOt want it on my website Please!

Post by Guest May 26th 2013, 12:22 am

When you say captcha what do you mean exactly?

If you are talking about removing the captcha on the registration page, yes that can be disabled in the admin panel.

Though your members should not be getting catcha when posting on your forum if they are logged in as members. Unless they are posting as guests.

On my forum I only allowed members to post and we never got any captcha.

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead May 29th 2013, 6:53 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:When you say captcha what do you mean exactly?

If you are talking about removing the captcha on the registration page, yes that can be disabled in the admin panel.

Though your members should not be getting catcha when posting on your forum if they are logged in as members. Unless they are posting as guests.

There are also a few words which require a capatcha, to verify they are a human.
One of these is a male enhancement pill Wink
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 29th 2013, 7:01 pm

Yes I have read on this forum that there are some words that trigger the spam filter.The best thing to do is don't type them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri May 30th 2013, 12:01 am

RadioHead wrote:
Andrea Borman wrote:When you say captcha what do you mean exactly?

There are also a few words which require a capatcha, to verify they are a human.
One of these is a male enhancement pill Wink

Yeah quite a few common words associated with spam will trigger the captacha
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 30th 2013, 4:32 am

Well if that is the case, then the admin of that forum could censor those words using the words censor setting. Which can be found in the admin panel, and then members won't be able to type those words. Then maybe the spam filter won't come up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 31st 2013, 7:32 am

Hello,

Since no further update was made to this thread by the author, this thread will be locked.

Also, you can create a thread on the Forum discussion section if you want to continue the discussion about this. Wink Thanks Smile

Thread now locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down