The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Removing Free from Title

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Removing Free from Title

Post by Graphica on July 12th 2013, 9:14 pm

I don't know if this is the correct place, but please move it if not.

My problem is, I can not figure out how to remove the words Free Forum from my title page.

Observe below, when I share, and what the search engines pick up is this:



but I need it to appear as it does when I share any other page, like the index (forum) page below



Also please take note that the first one read "A Society of Visual Artists 2 TIMES side by side, and I don't get why, because again, it isn't written that way in the admin panel.

I can not find where to change this, I have changed everything I can in the back end except the template itself, but when I look over the templates I can not see anything that shows me the mega titles, (well I can sort of, but I think it is css, or some other code, and I am only familiar with html)

can someone please help me...

While I have no problem with supporting, or advertising that I use forumotion and that it is free, I really dont want it to show up that way when I share the site or when the search engines pick it up, because I really want it to look as professional as possible, and that does not.

Thank you in advance!

Graphica
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by levy on July 12th 2013, 9:19 pm

Hello Hello,
You talk about : Administration Panel -> General -> Forum promotion -> Search Engines -> Homepage title :

levy
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2566
Reputation : 344
Language : Romanian, English
Location : Romania | Feel free to tag me into your topic if you have a problem

http://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by Graphica on July 12th 2013, 9:47 pm

candy_fear wrote:Hello Hello,
You talk about : Administration Panel -> General -> Forum promotion -> Search Engines -> Homepage title :

Thank you, but been to that page a dozen times, typed a dozen times, and it still reads:

Graphica Arts
A Society of Visual Artists

so that is not the problem, it must be inside the template somewhere.

Graphica
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by Derri on July 12th 2013, 9:50 pm

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're talking about?

I'm having a hard time following what you're saying.


Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by Graphica on July 12th 2013, 9:51 pm

@Derri wrote:Can you provide a screenshot of what you're talking about?

I'm having a hard time following what you're saying.

there are screen shots i the hidden bars on the opening post.

They have links to what I am taking about like when I try to share to Facebook

Graphica
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by Derri on July 12th 2013, 9:55 pm

Try posting another link to facebook now since you've removed the words "Free Forum" from the search engine. Its likely that if your forum has picked up the words "Free Forum" while indexing your forum that it may appear in the link facebook offers.

If you've removed the words "Free Forum" from your Homepage Title and search engine then if you try and post a link now and see what happens.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by Graphica on July 12th 2013, 9:59 pm

@Derri wrote:Try posting another link to facebook now since you've removed the words "Free Forum" from the search engine.

Hon, I am trying to make clear that I removed those words days ago, what I wrote just above this is what it now says and has for days..... Graphica Arts
A Society of Visual Artists, but for some reason, when I share, it says

Free Forum Graphica
A Society of Visual Artists Free Forum

as it shows in the screen shot originally posted

Graphica
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by Graphica on July 12th 2013, 10:01 pm

Well, I just tried again to be sure, and it is the same thing. Free Forum...

If what you say is true, how long do you think it will take the search engines to re index this.......

Graphica
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by Derri on July 12th 2013, 10:08 pm

It could be 24 hours to a week generally. Although I can't be sure that this is the cause of the problem, but its my best educated guess.

Maybe if someone else can comment and help you.


Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by Graphica on July 12th 2013, 10:12 pm

@Derri wrote:It could be 24 hours to a week generally. Although I can't be sure that this is the cause of the problem, but its my best educated guess.

Maybe if someone else can comment and help you.

Well, I do hope one answers as I would like thier oppinion, but I am suspecting you are right Derri, at least that would be my guess.

I thank you both for your responses tho!

Graphica
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by kirk on July 13th 2013, 1:29 am

so it is showing up on facebook not the forum.

dunno i will have to post something to facebook from one of my forums and see if free comes up for me to. technically if it is no longer in the search engine and you do not have it in the descriptions anywhere then it should not show. but may be facebook is just set to show free sites like this. not sure.

and those screen shots are confusing me now. in the first it says free forum. in the second it dose not.
and two different avatars. can you explain that a little better. i don't see how it comes up free for one and regular for another?

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by Graphica on July 13th 2013, 2:23 am

@kirk wrote:so it is showing up on facebook not the forum.

dunno i will have to post something to facebook from one of my forums and see if free comes up for me to. technically if it is no longer in the search engine and you do not have it in the descriptions anywhere then it should not show. but may be facebook is just set to show free sites like this. not sure.

and those screen shots are confusing me now. in the first it says free forum. in the second it dose not.
and two different avatars. can you explain that a little better. i don't see how it comes up free for one and regular for another?

Yes the first screen shot is of the portal, where I want everyone to arrive first, and it is showing Free Forum, the second is the forum index, which does not seem to have this problem.
I changed this wording over a week ago, and noticed it when I tried to share the portal to FB today!!

And I noticed the Avatars too, but didn't think anything of that, till you mentioned it. I have other forums I admin, and this problem has never occured in any others that I know of.

Graphica
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Free from Title

Post by SLGray on July 13th 2013, 7:38 am

@Graphica wrote:
@Derri wrote:Try posting another link to facebook now since you've removed the words "Free Forum" from the search engine.

Hon, I am trying to make clear that I removed those words days ago, what I wrote just above this is what it now says and has for days..... Graphica Arts
A Society of Visual Artists, but for some reason, when I share, it says

Free Forum Graphica
A Society of Visual Artists Free Forum

as it shows in the screen shot originally posted

@Graphica wrote:Well, I just tried again to be sure, and it is the same thing. Free Forum...

If what you say is true, how long do you think it will take the search engines to re index this.......
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35670
Reputation : 2375
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum