The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only topic] Adfly page appears while connecting on my forum

+8
Klomster
Sir Chivas™
Kumari
Derri
Mazerwulf
SLGray
Crackatoa
Shadow
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In progress [Only topic] Adfly page appears while connecting on my forum

Post by Shadow Fri 31 Jan - 11:03

First topic message reminder :

Hi

While connecting on your forum you have an Adfly page. Other members manage to connect properly to the forum.
Normally, this page should only appear when a forum is banned because it is breaking Forumotion ToS. But, sometimes our anti-spam tool lists your personnal information as spammer.

Don't worry!! It is not a big deal. Our security tool is just too effective Cool  Cool  Cool 

[Only topic] Adfly page appears while connecting on my forum - Page 2 Adfly10

To solve this problem send the following information to Buttercup, our ProAdmin:

-IP
-Username (on the forum)
-Email
- The URL of your forum

Thanks

Last edited by Shadow on Mon 19 Jun - 12:12; edited 2 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Adfly page appears while connecting on my forum

Post by Grump606 Fri 7 Feb - 0:45

Just noticed this today regarding Adfly. I am able to log in as Admin on my site, but not as a member. Once I hit the skip ad, it kicks me back to login and the vicious circle starts all over again. Hope this isn't happening to regular members, but I have no way of knowing at the moment.
Grump606

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackatoa Fri 7 Feb - 1:40

Any word on the progress of my locked out member? Not sure why it is taking so long to get him back into our forum. This forum is a personal forum of about 50 ppl & maybe 10-15 actively chatting about nothingness really except for the odd personal issue that may be occurring in ones life with the requesting of letting others know for thoughts, prayers & good vibes to be sent their way.

I know Buttercup said that it could be a filter for spamming & such, however this makes absolutely no sense to me or the members affected. As said, this site has been active since summer of 2011 & conversations have not varied from the start. Myself, I am one of the main posters there & definitely don't spam & was the first to get hit, not sure why as the ToS was not breached in any way, in fact my presence & posting has been hit & miss the last couple months due to personal life issues. The other member that is now approaching a week tomorrow remains the same in his conversing & he too has not had as much of a posting presence except for the weather (lol) so this is strange. Then there is the other one that hardly posts at all on the forum got hit....he did post here on another thread about another site he belongs to (different username there - steve444) has had the adfly issue & then it followed a couple days later to our site for him.

I find this all very strange & respectfully am of opinion that this is a way for some reading of our sites & the personal postings among friends for sites that may have been set up for this kind of existence.

Thanks for letting me vent & if there is any insite to my lingering in limbo member plz let me know. Thanks you help team.  alien

Last edited by Crackatoa on Fri 7 Feb - 1:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : conforming good sentence stucture & spelling issues.)
Crackatoa

Language : English

http://coopsters.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Fri 7 Feb - 2:07

It is a filter that monitor accounts (email addresses, IP addresses, etc.). It is not really related to what is on your forum. When the filter suspects questionable activity on your account, it goes to the adfly page. The filter checks other sources, not just Forumotion, for activity on your account.

[Only topic] Adfly page appears while connecting on my forum - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackatoa Fri 7 Feb - 17:16

SLGray wrote:It is a filter that monitor accounts (email addresses, IP addresses, etc.).  It is not really related to what is on your forum.  When the filter suspects questionable activity on your account, it goes to the adfly page.  The filter checks other sources, not just Forumotion, for activity on your account.
Thank you for your reply....just wondering what other sources they could be checking as all my other sites are absolutely fine as well as the gentleman that is still locked out. He advised me he only goes to our forum & reads news sites so even he is confused as to the easy fix & hold up of his returning to the site. Do they access our PC's or personal emails since they now have that info.

I am just trying to get a handle on why this has even happened, I am not PC savvy but there does come a bit of common-sense to the equation when explanations just don't make sense, if you kwim.  Embarassed 

This member sent this to me this morning (partial message here) "Just tried to log in again and no luck.  If they don't get this done today, It won't be until next week until I can get back on or if I can get back on at all.  Ask them what they're looking at that would take so long.  I'm getting the feeling that they don't
like me."

I have explained to him about the IT having info & patience is needed however I do understand his dilemma after a week & seeing as how the other member is now back in. He does read this forum but is not a member, so he is up to date on the posted thread of action being placed here & is having quite the time of understanding the delay.

Is there anything that can help move this along quicker by days end at least?? [Only topic] Adfly page appears while connecting on my forum - Page 2 Prayin10
Crackatoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackatoa Sun 9 Feb - 5:23

Good evening help forum Smile  I have just logged in to see what has been posted or pm'd concerning the member that isn't able to access our site as of yet, after spending the last 16 hrs  working I find his issue still not resolved nor a reply to my post from earlier.  Confused 

This is an email I receiving from this member as of this evening (my time) that has not been able to access our site for a week. "Still can't log in.  It looks like they're not going to let me back in.  I can't believe they don't even have the curtesey to answer your questions.  They just let it hang out there as a complete mystery.

This is sorta depressing.  I feel like I'm being punished by being kept from talking to my friends.  It's really unexplainable.  I've done nothing wrong."

Respectfully asking....can someone Please answer why this is taking so long to correct of fix?
Crackatoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Sun 9 Feb - 6:37

Hello Crackatoa,

Did you try to send the request to Buttercup again? If you have sent it, and have not yet received a reply, please send it to me, and I'll be directing the request to her.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  :/
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Sun 9 Feb - 7:27

You have to remember Buttercup does not work on the weekends, so she will not reply to this topic until Monday.

[Only topic] Adfly page appears while connecting on my forum - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackatoa Sun 9 Feb - 15:06

SLGray wrote:You have to remember Buttercup does not work on the weekends, so she will not reply to this topic until Monday.
Thank you SLGray...I understand that Buttercup doesn't work weekends however we never thought it would take a week to get this person back into a private site when the same issue was resolved for the other member in better than 24 hrs. It's just frustrating when one doesn't know why it's happened or what is taking so long as you can see from a couple of this persons emails that I have shared here.
Crackatoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackatoa Sun 9 Feb - 15:08

Jophy wrote:Hello Crackatoa,

Did you try to send the request to Buttercup again? If you have sent it, and have not yet received a reply, please send it to me, and I'll be directing the request to her.

Thank you Jophy, I will send to Buttercup again for Monday as well as a copy to you as a backup, I would really like to get this resolved for my forum member as soon as possible, he is one of our main posters for convo & it really has been too quiet since the absence.  Crying or Very sad 
Crackatoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Mon 10 Feb - 17:46

Crackatoa wrote:
SLGray wrote:You have to remember Buttercup does not work on the weekends, so she will not reply to this topic until Monday.
Thank you SLGray...I understand that Buttercup doesn't work weekends however we never thought it would take a week to get this person back into a private site when the same issue was resolved for the other member in better than 24 hrs. It's just frustrating when one doesn't know why it's happened or what is taking so long as you can see from a couple of this persons emails that I have shared here.

Crackatoa wrote:
Jophy wrote:Hello Crackatoa,

Thank you Jophy, I will send to Buttercup again for Monday as well as a copy to you as a backup, I would really like to get this resolved for my forum member as soon as possible, he is one of our main posters for convo & it really has been too quiet since the absence.  Crying or Very sad 
Hello,

Please use the EDIT button instead of double posting.

Have you received a reply from her? Please let me know. Thanks.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon 10 Feb - 18:27

I have received the pm. It is under progress. Please be aware that staff members are volunteers and cannot solve all issues especially during weekend (No ProAdmin)

Thanks for your understanding
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackatoa Tue 11 Feb - 2:10

Buttercup wrote:I have received the pm. It is under progress. Please be aware that staff members are volunteers and cannot solve all issues especially during weekend (No ProAdmin)

Thanks for your understanding

Thank you guys ever so much.....my guy is logged in, still don't understand the reason of why so long, what the issue was but he is in!!  :wouhou:
Crackatoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Tue 11 Feb - 11:08

Glad your problem was solved. Smile

Feel free to ask questions/requests if there's anything that causes you or your members some trouble. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazerwulf Sun 16 Feb - 1:15

Hey guys...

It's been 2 weeks since I've sent a PM and a followup PM to Buttercup and I still cannot get onto my forum.

Now here is the thing - I CAN log into my forum through my work computer but NOT through my home computers so I am assuming my IP is blocked. I'd really appreciate some help with this as I am the administrator for the forum and a lot of activities we do go through me.
Mazerwulf

http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- Sun 16 Feb - 3:22

Mazerwulf wrote:Hey guys...

It's been 2 weeks since I've sent a PM and a followup PM to Buttercup and I still cannot get onto my forum.

Now here is the thing - I CAN log into my forum through my work computer but NOT through my home computers so I am assuming my IP is blocked. I'd really appreciate some help with this as I am the administrator for the forum and a lot of activities we do go through me.

Hi,

There are no Pro Admins during weekends, we need to wait until tomorrow. Thanks for your long patience. Wink

Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon 17 Feb - 13:18

Mazerwulf wrote:Hey guys...

Hello

Sorry but I don't receive your PM...  Shocked
Send me all the inform Smile

Thanks

Buttercup
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazerwulf Mon 17 Feb - 23:02

Sad You sent me a response the last time I sent you the info :'(

I will resend the info though. Very Happy
Mazerwulf

http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue 18 Feb - 10:46

Mazerwulf wrote:Sad You sent me a response the last time I sent you the info :'(

I will resend the info though. Very Happy
Ohhh yeah, you are rigth... I receive too many messages  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

Your problem is under progress  Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Grump606 Wed 19 Feb - 13:25

I am able to log into my site (northernlightsfishing) as Admin, but still unable to log in a a regular member that has been in place since inception. Any updates?  Smile
Grump606

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2