The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Cutted ranks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 13th 2014, 9:38 pm

Font:Arabic Typesetting
Font Size:25
Blank Image:N/A
Creation File:PNG

So i made these, i just wanted to make a seperate "rank" for the icon itself. You might noticed the white cuts, i added that because something was wrong with the "rank background" so i added it.

Please give me all feedback!























Thanks guys and girls

Best regards

Vaccam
avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by BlackScorpion on March 13th 2014, 10:00 pm

Not bad, I don't know if it's my screen but the text seems blurry. Also you can use the $ symbol for VIP or Donator rank. Try using the gradient tools, it will give it a nice look.
avatar
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 5414
Reputation : 754
Language : English
Location : USA

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 13th 2014, 10:06 pm

@BlackScorpion wrote:Not bad, I don't know if it's my screen but the text seems blurry. Also you can use the $ symbol for VIP or Donator rank. Try using the gradient tools, it will give it a nice look.

Thanks, it is not blurry on my screen. I will try both of them, could you maybe rate them for example (7/10), ahahha.
avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by iyaaz on March 13th 2014, 10:14 pm

Yes it's seems bit blurry .. 8/10
avatar
iyaaz
Forumember

Male Posts : 350
Reputation : 8
Language : English
Location : London

http://iyaaz.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 13th 2014, 10:15 pm

@iyaaz wrote:Yes it's seems bit blurry .. 8/10

Really :O I cant see it, thanks Very Happy
avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by levy on March 13th 2014, 10:36 pm

Are pretty nice but you can work more for icons Very Happy
9/10
avatar
levy
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2587
Reputation : 346
Language : Romanian, English
Location : criticize artwork, not people!

http://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 13th 2014, 10:38 pm

candy_fear wrote:Are pretty nice but you can work more for icons Very Happy
9/10

Thanks, i wanted the icons to be simple. I like simple icons Razz

Thanks for good rating !
avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by DustyBones on March 13th 2014, 11:44 pm

Not to bad..

I agree that the text is a little fuzzy. If you blow it up you'll see the light pixels around the lettering. When the text does that, I erase the offending pixels to clean up the lettering.

Also there is white in the corners that will show up when placed on a darker background. Not sure how you got that but transparent would be better.

You could also add a 1 or 2 pixel bevel. Some like that, some don't but you could try it and see if you like it. Some things it looks good on, others not so much.

A darker stroke would also help the ranks pop off the page.

Bottom line is that you have to come up with your own style and hopefully others will like your 'visions'. You can't make everyone happy but you have to play with different styles and techniques to find what appeals to you. Find other peoples work that really appeals to you and enlarge their work and see if you can figure out what they did and what you would need to do to make something like it. That will teach you tons and there is lots of tutorials on line to learn the different techniques.

You are improving so keep it up and practice, practice, practice...

avatar
DustyBones
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1228
Reputation : 521
Language : English
Location : Washington, USA

http://raps-graphics.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 13th 2014, 11:48 pm

@DustyBones wrote:Not to bad..

I agree that the text is a little fuzzy. If you blow it up you'll see the light pixels around the lettering. When the text does that, I erase the offending pixels to clean up the lettering.

Also there is white in the corners that will show up when placed on a darker background. Not sure how you got that but transparent would be better.

You could also add a 1 or 2 pixel bevel. Some like that, some don't but you could try it and see if you like it. Some things it looks good on, others not so much.

A darker stroke would also help the ranks pop off the page.

Bottom line is that you have to come up with your own style and hopefully others will like your 'visions'. You can't make everyone happy but you have to play with different styles and techniques to find what appeals to you. Find other peoples work that really appeals to you and enlarge their work and see if you can figure out what they did and what you would need to do to make something like it. That will teach you tons and there is lots of tutorials on line to learn the different techniques.

You are improving so keep it up and practice, practice, practice...


Thanks that was a really good feedback,

Im am always working on transparent backgrounds, but something really got messed up with the corners, and the only color that i could put there was white. I have some experience with bevel but sometimes i dont like it, i never had the though of putting bevel in these small ranks, i always thought that that were for logos and banners. Will try next time.

Once again great feedback, helps me alot here. Thank you for your honesty and you help.

Help to you 10/10

avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by Guest on March 14th 2014, 3:03 am

Nice Improvement, vaccam!! You work keeps getting better! =) Wonderful work!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 14th 2014, 6:59 am

@Leah7 wrote:Nice Improvement, vaccam!! You work keeps getting better! =) Wonderful work!

Thank you Leah !
avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 14th 2014, 7:20 am

Very good. Wink

I would probably take an eraser to the corners; make sure its soft too, just to remove that white. If put on a dark forum those corners would really stand out. KIU
avatar
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13179
Reputation : 2884
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Macungie, PA

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 14th 2014, 8:20 am

@Ange Tuteur wrote:Very good. Wink

I would probably take an eraser to the corners; make sure its soft too, just to remove that white. If put on a dark forum those corners would really stand out. KIU

Thanks !
avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by ***AFINA*** on March 15th 2014, 6:56 pm

You didn't try to put imagination in your work. Simple regular font without additions, same as buttons shape... And each can put downloaded icons from internet.
I would say 2/10.
avatar
***AFINA***
Forumember

Female Posts : 450
Reputation : 28
Language : English, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Photoshop
Location : The whole world

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 15th 2014, 9:56 pm

@***AFINA*** wrote:You didn't try to put imagination in your work. Simple regular font without additions, same as buttons shape... And each can put downloaded icons from internet.
I would say 2/10.

How would you know that? Even if i am not at your level you cannot say that i didnt put imagination in my work. I tried my best, stop criticizing people. If you dont like their work do some of your own. Simple fonts are often the best and the most good looking. The shape was suppose to be that way and ofc you can download icons from the internet. I like the icons simple.
avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by JennyorAlice on March 17th 2014, 1:34 am

I like these. They are simple, however, I like that you use some different icons with different ranks. Good job! 10/10
avatar
JennyorAlice
Forumember

Female Posts : 884
Reputation : 36
Language : U. S. English
Location : U. S. A.

http://grandcentralstation.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 17th 2014, 1:35 am

Bazinga! wrote:I like these. They are simple, however, I like that you use some different icons with different ranks. Good job! 10/10

Thanks mate !
avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by BlackScorpion on March 17th 2014, 3:16 am

@***AFINA*** wrote:You didn't try to put imagination in your work. Simple regular font without additions, same as buttons shape... And each can put downloaded icons from internet.
I would say 2/10.

This is a bit harsh. If you were following vaccams progress you would have know he is a beginner. So him posting his creations to us to be criticised takes alot.
avatar
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 5414
Reputation : 754
Language : English
Location : USA

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by Sir Chivas™ on March 17th 2014, 3:36 am

Honestly, they aren't that bad. Just follow the tips that everyone gave above. It reminds me of my times. You will get better at it. thumleft



Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.


avatar
Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6806
Reputation : 433
Language : EN, FR, ES
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by vaccam on March 17th 2014, 7:21 am

:wouhou:Thanks for the support guys ! Means alot
avatar
vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by Guest on April 22nd 2014, 12:35 am

Your proposal has been accepted.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cutted ranks

Post by skouliki on July 20th 2017, 6:47 pm

Because of this http://help.forumotion.com/t153309-photobucket-update , this will be sent to the garbage.
avatar
skouliki
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Female Posts : 3273
Reputation : 510
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum