The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please

5 posters

Go down

Solved Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please

Post by richard liggins November 6th 2014, 11:24 am

Hi

I have had a forum since 2008 with 984 Members

The domain name has been changed which we buy from formation each year which hasn't been a issue in past.

This year I was offered it again and excepted but I have had the domain name renewed then we have lost it and gone back to our original domain again. (this has happened at least 6 times now)

This was sorted by one of your team but today I have lost it again so no member of the forum can get on as they don't know he original forum name

Your help would be appreciated greatly

Many Thanks
Richie

Last edited by richard liggins on November 7th 2014, 9:47 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
richard liggins
richard liggins
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please

Post by SLGray November 6th 2014, 6:35 pm

So you also do not remember the original link?

Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by richard liggins November 6th 2014, 7:32 pm

SLGray wrote:So you also do not remember the original link?

Yes of course I remember the original link!

The issue is I have 984 Members who only know the domain I have used from say 2009 when I purchased it through Formation and not the original link

Its like Formation losing its Domain name and trying to get its members to convert to another one it is not easy to do as most only have basic IT skills

The fact is it has now reverted back to the domain name I want but for how long I don't know as this has happened on numerous occasions in the last few weeks.

I can send you the original link and the one I brought from Formation if that is any good

Its just a bit annoying losing your link and having members emailing with questions I cannot answer as it is out of my hands

kind Regards
Richie
richard liggins
richard liggins
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 6th 2014, 8:33 pm

When you say you loose it what do you mean it gets removed from your site and then you have to pay again or that the forum is just not found on your Domain ?

We only offer the domain name for one year then you need to pay for it again if its less then a year then we have to make a report to our tech staff so we will need both forum ULR's the one you  made the forum on and the url you have payed for in your acp

APE

Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Left1212Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Center11Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Right112
Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Ape_b110
Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by richard liggins November 6th 2014, 8:57 pm

APE wrote:When you say you loose it what do you mean it gets removed from your site and then you have to pay again or that the forum is just not found on your Domain ?

We only offer the domain name for one year then you need to pay for it again if its less then a year then we have to make a report to our tech staff so we will need both forum ULR's the one you  made the forum on and the url you have payed for in your acp

APE

Hi APE

When you either purchase your domain or get it free from formation it tells you the following in the "credit management" (this is mine as it shows now)

You have currently 3012 credits.

Currently, your forum address is : http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your domain name expires in : 363 Days

This year as in most my forum has been running I have been offered and excepted a free domain through Formation due to their criteria

So in 2009 I got rid of the .ORG and went and paid for .NET (paid the first year and if my memory is correct we have got it free since)

So in a nut shell formation activates me on the .NET domain which my members use but 3 or 4 days into that they take it away and I revert back to my old .ORG

So anyone trying to log into the forum wont be able to using the .NET until formation activate it again so basically I am working off two domain names over the last two weeks!

I hope this makes sense

Kind Regards

Richie
richard liggins
richard liggins
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 6th 2014, 9:11 pm

as far as i know we only offer a free domain for one year then it's down to you to pay for it after that

but if its saying that Your domain name expires in : 363 Days then it should be working

so please send the 2 url's so i can send it to our tech team

APE

Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Left1212Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Center11Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Right112
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by richard liggins November 6th 2014, 9:22 pm

Hi APE

Please check up on your criteria as we have defiantly had most of our years free from formation

As with this year it was free and showing we have 363 days left which is fine but tomorrow or the next day we may lose it and be told it is out of date

That said hopefully it is resolved but I will send both url's so you can send to the tech team as a explanation of what is going would put my mind to rest and give me some rest from trying to sort this out each time 

I will send in a message to you

Many  Thanks
Richie
richard liggins
richard liggins
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 6th 2014, 9:26 pm

Thank you i will hold out for your pm and then make my report  for you and ask this to be looked in to for you.

APE

EDIT: Report sent and marked as Pro Admin

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by richard liggins November 6th 2014, 9:58 pm

APE wrote:Thank you i will hold out for your pm and then make my report  for you and ask this to be looked in to for you.

APE

EDIT: Report sent and marked as Pro Admin

Thank you APE for your help and I have PM'd you with details of forum two urls

Richie
richard liggins
richard liggins
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base November 7th 2014, 1:20 am

Hello,

Sorry, but please change your topic title to something that is related to your problem / question. Thank you. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by richard liggins November 7th 2014, 9:48 am

Hope that heading is ok Base!
richard liggins
richard liggins
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 7th 2014, 4:22 pm

We are looking at your problem now and me or one of the other staff will get back to you when this is fixed.

Kind regards APE Neutral

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by richard liggins November 7th 2014, 6:46 pm

Thank you APE for keeping me in the loop whilst looking into it....Richie
richard liggins
richard liggins
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion November 7th 2014, 7:48 pm

Evil or Very Mad
richard liggins wrote:Hi APE

Please check up on your criteria as we have defiantly had most of our years free from formation

As with this year it was free and showing we have 363 days left which is fine but tomorrow or the next day we may lose it and be told it is out of date

That said hopefully it is resolved but I will send both url's so you can send to the tech team as a explanation of what is going would put my mind to rest and give me some rest from trying to sort this out each time 

I will send in a message to you

Many  Thanks
Richie
What exactly are the requirements for a free domain?

Had this been offered to me I wouldn't have had to close down my Forum. Evil or Very Mad
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7010

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 7th 2014, 7:52 pm

BlackScorpion wrote:Evil or Very Mad

What exactly are the requirements for a free domain?

Had this been offered to me I wouldn't have had to close down my Forum. Evil or Very Mad

If your forum was closed down it has nothing to do with free forum Domain names. we offer a free Domain to set members that have a big forum and lots of members and is an active forum for a long time.

This is not offered to all forums we do not have the power to offer it this is done by the staff at the head office.

read here what The godfather has posted

The Godfather wrote:Hello,

Firstly, note that the offer of free domain name is still relevant in our forums  Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Icon_biggrin.  It's awarded randomly to some deserving forums relying heavily on their activity but not only. Indeed, the "age" of the forum and its compliance with Forumotion TOS are also very important. And in general, the most deserving forums are rewarded,
there is no mystery on that Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Icon_wink 

However, I recall one important thing: this offer is an exceptional commercial gesture that Forumotion makes to it's forums. This is by no means does it become an acquired right . The fact to get it several times doesn't give the forum a right of permanent access to this offer. The Forumotion community grows every day and it's natural that we share this free domain name offer between all our forums to give an equal chance to all.

Therefore, those who had the offer several times and not having it this year should be understanding because other forums were more deserving.  Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Dawa_

Take care of your forum, increase its audience and I am sure that you can get it again for next time.

Last edited by APE on November 7th 2014, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion November 7th 2014, 8:00 pm

APE wrote:if your forum was closed down it has nothing to do with free forum Domain names. we offer a free Domain to set members that have a big forum and lots of members and is an active forum for a long time.

This is not offered to all forums we do not have the power to offer it this is done by the staff at the head office.
My point exactly, they knew the problems they caused leading to ME closing it down, first with the PayPal issue, then with the data center change screwing things up and everything else I went through due to their change debacle. My forum was was running almost 4 yrs and wth over 700 members, not once through this whole ordeal did they offer me anything. I do get it, I guess I speak my mind too freely , must of pisses someone off at the head office
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 7th 2014, 8:05 pm

This is not the place to have a discussion about offering a free domain.  Please stay on topic.

We exactly do not know the requirements for a free domain name.  We know forum activity is part of it.

Last edited by SLGray on November 7th 2014, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Domain Renewal Urgent Help Please Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 7th 2014, 8:08 pm

I made an edit to my last post to post a comment from The godfather.

we have all had the same problem when the data center was messed up you was not the only one to have this problem we also spent credits on our forums and we had nothing back.

its not all about you speaking your mind its just the way it is,

we as staff get nothing for working on here and we don't ask for nothing. we all work for free for this site and help you the members for free and give untold hrs of our own time to help you all ou.

we understand your point and we feel for you but there is no need to be rude we do our best to give you the best of service we can and NOTE the forum system is free you only pay for the removal of set links on copyright and for your domain names. and for more space this has nothing to do with a free Domain if you have a problem with that then please open your own thread.

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion November 7th 2014, 8:10 pm

Forgive me, I was mearly asking a question.  How exactly am I being rude, when I'm making a point. I know you guys work for free my issue is not with the staff, it's with the head office. I'll open a new topic on this. Sorry if you took it wrong.

Last edited by BlackScorpion on November 7th 2014, 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion November 7th 2014, 8:14 pm

please delete accidental reload. There is no deletion button on here.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 25th 2014, 1:24 am

Reopened this thread by request of the member as the problem is not fixed yet

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by richard liggins December 5th 2014, 6:21 pm

Can you please close this post..

The issue has been resolved but I have not had a reason for it happening in the first place!

Thank you to Buttercup and APE for trying to find out why

Richie
richard liggins
richard liggins
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape December 5th 2014, 6:26 pm

You are so welcome i just wish we could get to the bottom of why it was in the first place

APE
Topic solved and archived

Merry Christmas to you santa

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down