The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

#1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by smurfavr on March 9th 2015, 11:29 am

Widget Latest topics stopped working.Window stands empty and shows the last topics.

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/
avatar
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1613
Reputation : 14
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Luffy on March 9th 2015, 11:45 am

Hello @smurfavr,

To me it's working fine.

The only thing is that it goes very slow. Try increasing it's speed and see if it changes:
Admin Panel > Modules > Portal & Widgets > Forum widgets management
and change Recent Topic Widget's speed.

Luffy





avatar
Luffy
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 4927
Reputation : 507
Language : Greek, English
Location : Greece

http://thinktank.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by smurfavr on March 9th 2015, 11:55 am

I have not touched anything on the forum settings. This problem appears before 2-3 hours. Settings for movement are standard.

avatar
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1613
Reputation : 14
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 9th 2015, 12:16 pm

Hello @smurfavr,

Have you modified the mod_recent_topics template ?

If so, go to Administration Panel > Display > Templates > Portal > and open the mod_recent_topics template. Edit

Find :
Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
<table class="forumline" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
      <td class="catLeft" height="25">
        <span class="genmed module-title">{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</span>
      </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
      <td class="row1" align="left" id="comments_scroll_div">
        <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
        »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br
 />
        <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

        <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
        <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
        <!-- END switch_poster -->

        <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
        {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
        <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->

        <!--
 
        <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
        -->
        <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
      </td>
  </tr>
</table>

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
$(function(){
 
  div_marquee('comments_scroll_div', 'comments_scroll_container',
'{SCROLL_WAY}', '{SCROLL_STEP}', '{SCROLL_DELAY}', '{SCROLL_HEIGHT}',
'genmed');
});
//]]>
</script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->

Replace by :
Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
    {MARQUEE_JS_SRC}
    <table class="forumline genmed" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
            <tr>
                    <td class="catLeft" height="25">
                            <span class="genmed module-title">{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</span>
                    </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                    <td class="row1" style="height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
 
                      <div class="marquee" align="left"
data-direction='{SCROLL_WAY}' data-duration='{SCROLL_DELAY}'
data-pauseOnHover="true"
style="overflow:hidden;height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
                            <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
                              »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br
 />
                                <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

                                <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
                              <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
                                <!-- END switch_poster -->

                                <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
                                {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
                                <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->
                            <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
                        </div>
                    </td>
            </tr>
    </table>
    <script>
        $(".marquee").marquee();
    </script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->

Save and publish. Add

If you can't find this, you can revert to the default template by clicking the red X. Delete
avatar
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13179
Reputation : 2884
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Macungie, PA

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by smurfavr on March 9th 2015, 12:19 pm

Have been no changes to the forum from the admin panel. Problem appears before 2-3 hours.
avatar
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1613
Reputation : 14
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 9th 2015, 12:27 pm

It appears to be working fine now. blackeye

Try clearing your cache and reloading the page with F5
avatar
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13179
Reputation : 2884
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Macungie, PA

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by smurfavr on March 9th 2015, 12:38 pm

I tried your code and widget started working, but their color and markings are different from those that were before. WHY problems occur. I few days I have not made changes of the setting?

This is my code . I do not want to change the code to another because changes are made ahead of time for other things in the forum and if you change it, they will not work.
Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
<table class="forumline" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
      <td class="catLeft" height="25">
        <span class="genmed module-title">Последни теми</span>
      </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
      <td class="row1" align="left" id="comments_scroll_div">
        <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
        »&nbsp;<a onmouseover="document.getElementById('comments_scroll_container').stop();" onmouseout="document.getElementById('comments_scroll_container').start();" href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}" title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br />
        <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

        <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
        <a onmouseover="document.getElementById('comments_scroll_container').stop();" onmouseout="document.getElementById('comments_scroll_container').start();" href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br /><br />
        <!-- END switch_poster -->

        <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
        {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
        <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->

        <!--
        <a onmouseover="document.getElementById('comments_scroll_container').stop();" onmouseout="document.getElementById('comments_scroll_container').start();" href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTER}</a><br /><br />
        -->
        <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
      </td>
  </tr>
</table>

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
$(function(){
  div_marquee('comments_scroll_div', 'comments_scroll_container', '{SCROLL_WAY}', '{SCROLL_STEP}', '{SCROLL_DELAY}', '{SCROLL_HEIGHT}', 'genmed');
});
//]]>
</script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->

<!-- BEGIN classical_row -->
<table class="forumline" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
      <td class="catHead" height="25"><span class="genmed"><b><center>{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</center></b></span></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
      <td class="row1" align="left"><span class="gensmall">
      <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
      » <a href="{classical_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}">{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br /><img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{BY}&nbsp;

      <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
      <a href="{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a>
      <!-- END switch_poster -->

      <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
      {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}
      <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->

      {ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}<br /><br />

      <!--
      <a href="{classical_row.recent_topic_row.U_POSTER}">{classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTER}</a> {ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}<br /><br />
      -->
      <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
      </span></td>
  </tr>
</table>
<!-- END classical_row -->
avatar
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1613
Reputation : 14
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 9th 2015, 12:44 pm

Replace it with this :
Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
    {MARQUEE_JS_SRC}
    <table class="forumline genmed" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
            <tr>
                    <td class="catLeft" height="25">
                            <span class="genmed module-title">Последни теми</span>
                    </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                    <td class="row1" style="height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
 
                      <div class="marquee" align="left" data-direction='{SCROLL_WAY}' data-duration='{SCROLL_DELAY}' data-pauseOnHover="true" style="overflow:hidden;height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
                            <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
                              »&nbsp;<a href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}" title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br />
                                <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

                                <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
                              <a href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br /><br />
                                <!-- END switch_poster -->

                                <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
                                {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
                                <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->
                            <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
                        </div>
                    </td>
            </tr>
    </table>
    <script>
        $(".marquee").marquee();
    </script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->

<!-- BEGIN classical_row -->
<table class="forumline" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
      <td class="catHead" height="25"><span class="genmed"><b><center>{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</center></b></span></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
      <td class="row1" align="left"><span class="gensmall">
      <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
      » <a href="{classical_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}">{classical_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br /><img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{BY}&nbsp;

      <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
      <a href="{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a>
      <!-- END switch_poster -->

      <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
      {classical_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}
      <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->

      {ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}<br /><br />

      <!--
      <a href="{classical_row.recent_topic_row.U_POSTER}">{classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTER}</a> {ON} {classical_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}<br /><br />
      -->
      <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
      </span></td>
  </tr>
</table>
<!-- END classical_row -->
avatar
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13179
Reputation : 2884
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Macungie, PA

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by smurfavr on March 9th 2015, 12:51 pm

Now works, but moving light intervals. Since the appearance of the problem at the site refresh is delayed about 10 seconds to load.
avatar
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1613
Reputation : 14
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 9th 2015, 12:53 pm

For me, your site keeps waiting on something from kamenwork.ovo.bg
avatar
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13179
Reputation : 2884
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Macungie, PA

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by smurfavr on March 9th 2015, 1:06 pm

Removed the widget with kamenwork.ovo.bg. Now the site is not a long time to refresh, but Latest topics continues to move at intervals.
avatar
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1613
Reputation : 14
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 9th 2015, 1:18 pm

Try adjusting the speeds in the widget. To me it appears to be moving fine. bounce
avatar
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13179
Reputation : 2884
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Macungie, PA

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by smurfavr on March 9th 2015, 1:33 pm

I tried to adjust the speed of widget, but the problem still has it. Inscriptions move with slight stuttering.Before this problem inscriptions went smoothly. WHY problems occur. I few days I have not made changes of the setting?
avatar
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1613
Reputation : 14
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by TonnyKamper on March 9th 2015, 2:09 pm

@smurfavr wrote:Widget Latest topics stopped working.Window stands empty and shows the last topics.

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/
I have the same problem on my phpBB2 testforum 
Spoiler:
and also on my invision testforum 
Spoiler:
It just doesn't scroll on phpBB2 and on Invision it scrolls uttlerly slow until there is one topic in view and then it stops...
The only thing changed in mod_recent_topics is the adding of avatar on recent topics, but that was a while ago and it worked perfectly until this morning.. So on my real forum I have disabled scrolling at all for the moment.

I already tried to remove te recent topics avatar but it made no difference..
Seeing that for Ange Tuteur everything works fine I'm starting to wonder if it can be a serverside problem ?  Sad

EDIT: I have applied the replacement advised by Ange Tuteur and now scrolling works perfect again, only thing is I lost the avatars on the recent topics.. but I can live with that... Thank you Ange Tuteur !!  thumright


Last edited by TonnyKamper on March 9th 2015, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TonnyKamper
Forumember

Female Posts : 167
Reputation : 11
Language : Dutch/English
Location : The Netherlands

http://test-tube.actieforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by brandon_g on March 9th 2015, 2:24 pm

@TonnyKamper wrote:
@smurfavr wrote:Widget Latest topics stopped working.Window stands empty and shows the last topics.

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/
I have the same problem on my phpBB2 testforum 
Spoiler:
and also on my invision testforum 
Spoiler:
It just doesn't scroll on phpBB2 and on Invision it scrolls uttlerly slow until there is one topic in view and then it stops...
The only thing changed in mod_recent_topics is the adding of avatar on recent topics, but that was a while ago and it worked perfectly until this morning.. So on my real forum I have disabled scrolling at all for the moment.

I already tried to remove te recent topics avatar but it made no difference..
Seeing that for Ange Tuteur everything works fine I'm starting to wonder if it can be a serverside problem ?  Sad

I believe this is a common glitch that happens every so often with this widget. It does it on mine as well, but I do not worry too much about it and after awhile it stops and moves as its supposed to.
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6183
Reputation : 563
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Shadow on March 9th 2015, 3:00 pm

Hello dear,

Our technicians sent a correction online this morning. You can have some change on the widget, it can come from your script.  

Please note you can adjust the speed of the scrolling:


Last edited by Buttercup on March 9th 2015, 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total


No help without your forum url
No support via private message


avatar
Shadow
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15863
Reputation : 1689
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by smurfavr on March 9th 2015, 3:04 pm

Buttercup wrote:Hello dear,

Please note you can adjust the speed of the scrolling

@smurfavr wrote:I tried to adjust the speed of widget, but the problem still has it. Inscriptions move with slight stuttering.Before this problem inscriptions went smoothly. WHY problems occur. I few days I have not made changes of the setting?
avatar
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1613
Reputation : 14
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Rog360 on March 9th 2015, 6:16 pm

I'm having the same problem. Haven't changed anything in months... Sad  Seems to have a problem loading this link. [url=http://f39.dnspro.org/sub/47641c346?tag=0&time=Mon%2C 09 Mar 2015 17%3A10%3A58 GMT[/url]
avatar
Rog360
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 3
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by TonnyKamper on March 9th 2015, 6:30 pm

@Ange Tuteur wrote:Hello @smurfavr,

Have you modified the mod_recent_topics template ?

If so, go to Administration Panel > Display > Templates > Portal > and open the mod_recent_topics template. Edit

Find :
Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
<table class="forumline" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
   <tr>
      <td class="catLeft" height="25">
         <span class="genmed module-title">{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</span>
      </td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td class="row1" align="left" id="comments_scroll_div">
         <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
        »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br
 />
         <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

         <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
        <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
         <!-- END switch_poster -->

         <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
         {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
         <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->

         <!--
 
        <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
         -->
         <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
      </td>
   </tr>
</table>

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
$(function(){
 
  div_marquee('comments_scroll_div', 'comments_scroll_container',
'{SCROLL_WAY}', '{SCROLL_STEP}', '{SCROLL_DELAY}', '{SCROLL_HEIGHT}',
'genmed');
});
//]]>
</script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->

Replace by :
Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
    {MARQUEE_JS_SRC}
    <table class="forumline genmed" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
            <tr>
                    <td class="catLeft" height="25">
                            <span class="genmed module-title">{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</span>
                    </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                    <td class="row1" style="height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
  
                      <div class="marquee" align="left"
data-direction='{SCROLL_WAY}' data-duration='{SCROLL_DELAY}'
data-pauseOnHover="true"
style="overflow:hidden;height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
                            <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
  
                              »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br
 />
                                <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

                                <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
  
                              <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
                                <!-- END switch_poster -->

                                <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
                                {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
                                <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->
                            <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
                        </div>
                    </td>
            </tr>
    </table>
    <script>
        $(".marquee").marquee();
    </script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->

Save and publish. Add

If you can't find this, you can revert to the default template by clicking the red X. Delete
Hello @Ange Tuteur

This solved it for my phpBB2 forums, but the code on my Invisionboard is different, is there a replacement code for that version too ?  scratch
avatar
TonnyKamper
Forumember

Female Posts : 167
Reputation : 11
Language : Dutch/English
Location : The Netherlands

http://test-tube.actieforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 9th 2015, 6:59 pm

Hello,

This is for punbb, phpbb2, and phpbb3 if you've modified the mod_recent_topics template :

PUNBB

Replace:


Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
<div class="module main">
  <div class="main-head"><div class="h3">{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</div></div>
  <div class="main-content" id="comments_scroll_div">
      <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
    »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TOPIC_TITLE}</a><br
 />
      <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

      <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
    <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
      <!-- END switch_poster -->

      <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
      {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
      <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->

      <!--
 
    <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
      -->
      <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
  </div>
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
$(function(){
 
  div_marquee('comments_scroll_div', 'comments_scroll_container',
'{SCROLL_WAY}', '{SCROLL_STEP}', '{SCROLL_DELAY}', '{SCROLL_HEIGHT}');
});
//]]>
</script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->

By


Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
{MARQUEE_JS_SRC}
<div class="module main">
  <div class="main-head"><div class="h3">{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</div></div>
  <div class="main-content" id="comments_scroll_div">
 
          <div class="marquee" data-direction='{SCROLL_WAY}'
data-duration='{SCROLL_DELAY}' data-pauseOnHover="true"
style="overflow:hidden;height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
      <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
    »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TOPIC_TITLE}</a><br
 />
      <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

      <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
    <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
      <!-- END switch_poster -->

      <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
      {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
      <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->
      <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
            </div>
  </div>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
        $(".marquee").marquee();
</script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->

SUBSILVER


Replace
Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
<table class="forumline" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
      <td class="catLeft" height="25">
        <span class="genmed module-title">{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</span>
      </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
      <td class="row1" align="left" id="comments_scroll_div">
        <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
        »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br
 />
        <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

        <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
        <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
        <!-- END switch_poster -->

        <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
        {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
        <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->

        <!--
 
        <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
        -->
        <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
      </td>
  </tr>
</table>

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
$(function(){
 
  div_marquee('comments_scroll_div', 'comments_scroll_container',
'{SCROLL_WAY}', '{SCROLL_STEP}', '{SCROLL_DELAY}', '{SCROLL_HEIGHT}',
'genmed');
});
//]]>
</script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->
by

Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
    {MARQUEE_JS_SRC}
    <table class="forumline genmed" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
            <tr>
                    <td class="catLeft" height="25">
                            <span class="genmed module-title">{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</span>
                    </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                    <td class="row1" style="height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
 
                      <div class="marquee" align="left"
data-direction='{SCROLL_WAY}' data-duration='{SCROLL_DELAY}'
data-pauseOnHover="true"
style="overflow:hidden;height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
                            <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
                              »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br
 />
                                <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

                                <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
                              <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
                                <!-- END switch_poster -->

                                <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
                                {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
                                <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->
                            <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
                        </div>
                    </td>
            </tr>
    </table>
    <script>
        $(".marquee").marquee();
    </script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->

PROSILVER

Replace

Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
      <div id="comments_scroll_div">
        <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
        »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TOPIC_TITLE}</a><br
 />
        <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

        <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
        <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
        <!-- END switch_poster -->

        <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
        {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
        <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->

        <!--
 
        <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
        -->
        <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
      </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
$(function(){
 
  div_marquee('comments_scroll_div', 'comments_scroll_container',
'{SCROLL_WAY}', '{SCROLL_STEP}', '{SCROLL_DELAY}', '{SCROLL_HEIGHT}');
});
//]]>
</script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->


by


Code:
<!-- BEGIN scrolling_row -->
    {MARQUEE_JS_SRC}
    <div id="comments_scroll_div">
 
      <div class="marquee" data-direction='{SCROLL_WAY}'
data-duration='{SCROLL_DELAY}' data-pauseOnHover="true"
style="overflow:hidden;height:{SCROLL_HEIGHT}px;">
            <!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
 
          »&nbsp;<a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}"
title="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.L_TOPIC_TITLE}</a><br
 />
            <img src="{ICON_TIME}" alt="" />{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME} {BY}&nbsp;

            <!-- BEGIN switch_poster -->
 
          <a
href="{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.U_POSTER}">{scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster.S_POSTER}</a><br
 /><br />
            <!-- END switch_poster -->

            <!-- BEGIN switch_poster_guest -->
            {scrolling_row.recent_topic_row.switch_poster_guest.S_POSTER}<br /><br />
            <!-- END switch_poster_guest -->
            <!-- END recent_topic_row -->
        </div>
    </div>
    <script>
        $(".marquee").marquee();
    </script>
<!-- END scrolling_row -->


You can also click teh red X Delete to revert back to the default template. It should also correct any bugs.
avatar
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13179
Reputation : 2884
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Macungie, PA

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by TonnyKamper on March 9th 2015, 7:41 pm

Yay  cheers @Ange Tuteur  the Prosilver solved the issue with my Invisionboard, so all is well again.

Thank you very very much for the help provided and for your time sir, it is much appreciated, you're my  ~1~
avatar
TonnyKamper
Forumember

Female Posts : 167
Reputation : 11
Language : Dutch/English
Location : The Netherlands

http://test-tube.actieforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 9th 2015, 7:45 pm

Welcome
avatar
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13179
Reputation : 2884
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Macungie, PA

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved almost fixed

Post by azwiz on March 10th 2015, 3:11 am

I tried changing the code . That did not work . So I clicked the red X publish but did not select restore default . The widget is now scrolling and the speed is adjustable . One slight problem is the top of the widget has a highlighted box . How do I get rid of that ?

  Maybe I used the wrong code . I think i have PROSILVER . Is that a different code than the one at the top ?

  Ok I have used the prosilver code now . Save and publish . All good now .
  Thank you SOLVED .
avatar
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 460
Reputation : 6
Language : english
Location : Apache Junction , Arizona USA

http://valleyofthesun.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Richardr on March 10th 2015, 4:10 am

Yesterday our 'recent topics' animated scroll suddenly speed up enormously, of it's own accord. (The admin panel speed figure showed 15.) I corrected the speed to 32000, but a problem remains; the scroll is causing flickering on our Portal page ever since. I even reinstalled the scroll feature, but it didn't help. Some members are most affected when using their mouse wheel on the same Portal page.

Are you doing anything behind the scenes on phpBB2?

How can we fix the flickering?

Thanks.

Richardr
Forumember

Posts : 355
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by SLGray on March 10th 2015, 4:45 am

@Richardr wrote:Yesterday our 'recent topics' animated scroll suddenly speed up enormously, of it's own accord. (The admin panel speed figure showed 15.) I corrected the speed to 32000, but a problem remains; the scroll is causing flickering on our Portal page ever since. I even reinstalled the scroll feature, but it didn't help. Some members are most affected when using their mouse wheel on the same Portal page.

Are you doing anything behind the scenes on phpBB2?

How can we fix the flickering?
Please read -  www.help.forumotion.com/t139521-1386-widget-latest-topics-stopped-working#947455


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 41154
Reputation : 2812
Language : English
Location : United States

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Richardr on March 10th 2015, 5:14 am

@SLGray wrote:
@Richardr wrote:Yesterday our 'recent topics' animated scroll suddenly speed up enormously, of it's own accord. (The admin panel speed figure showed 15.) I corrected the speed to 32000, but a problem remains; the scroll is causing flickering on our Portal page ever since. I even reinstalled the scroll feature, but it didn't help. Some members are most affected when using their mouse wheel on the same Portal page.

Are you doing anything behind the scenes on phpBB2?

How can we fix the flickering?
Please read -  www.help.forumotion.com/t139521-1386-widget-latest-topics-stopped-working#947455
It says:

This is for punbb, phpbb2, and phpbb3 if you've modified the mod_recent_topics template

I have not modified the template.
Is there another solution?

Richardr
Forumember

Posts : 355
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by azwiz on March 10th 2015, 5:41 am

@Richardr wrote:
@SLGray wrote:
@Richardr wrote:Yesterday our 'recent topics' animated scroll suddenly speed up enormously, of it's own accord. (The admin panel speed figure showed 15.) I corrected the speed to 32000, but a problem remains; the scroll is causing flickering on our Portal page ever since. I even reinstalled the scroll feature, but it didn't help. Some members are most affected when using their mouse wheel on the same Portal page.

Are you doing anything behind the scenes on phpBB2?

How can we fix the flickering?
Please read -  www.help.forumotion.com/t139521-1386-widget-latest-topics-stopped-working#947455
It says:

This is for punbb, phpbb2, and phpbb3 if you've modified the mod_recent_topics template

I have not modified the template.
Is there another solution?
 I hadn't modified mine either . But something that forumotion techs did this morning did . So you need to replace the code in your template with the one provided for your version . click save then click publish . It will fix the scrolling widget "LATEST TOPICS"
avatar
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 460
Reputation : 6
Language : english
Location : Apache Junction , Arizona USA

http://valleyofthesun.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Richardr on March 10th 2015, 7:55 am

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work.

Richardr
Forumember

Posts : 355
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by Richardr on March 10th 2015, 9:40 am

Here's a detailed outline of our problems.

The scroll is flickering, and is not smooth in it's movement.
The scroll is now stopped by the cursor when cursor hovers over the empty space above the text. This never happened before, when the scroll would only stop moving, if cursor was on the thread's heading. (Our suspicion is that these two elements are somehow clashing and causing the flickering/instability)
Using the mouse wheel causes the worst flickering, but only after several threads are in view. And that's outside the scroll itself.

We would appreciate a solution.

Richardr
Forumember

Posts : 355
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: #1386 Widget Latest topics stopped working.

Post by APE on March 10th 2015, 11:57 am

@Richardr wrote:Here's a detailed outline of our problems.


The scroll is now stopped by the cursor when cursor hovers over the empty space above the text. This never happened before, when the scroll would only stop moving, if cursor was on the thread's heading.

We would appreciate a solution.

Hello @Richardr

This is normal it is meant to be like that, The mouse pointer system is now set to put the pointer anywhere in the scroll box that will make it stop until you move it out again.

As for the other problem with Glitch when moving well I Can not recreate the same thing on my end all forums I look at is running smooth.
Please give a link to your forum so we can take a look for you.

APE

NOTE: If you do not give all info asked for there is nothing we can do to help you.
 we need to run tests and pass this info on to the tech team if needs be Thank you.



avatar
APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 11292
Reputation : 1080
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum