The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads

+16
azwiz
thoang
DigiScrapCafe
sunpowcn
YoshiGM
Stephen-
Van-Helsing
Paul_H
SarkZKalie
Draxion
SLGray
Captain Hunk
Tonight
Ape
OLC CREATORS
Shadow
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Important New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads

Post by Shadow October 6th 2016, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Dollar10NEW : Classified ads on Forumotion Forums.

Dear users,

Forumotion is proud to introduce this new service that would fufill the needs of the apprentice sellers, the great collectors, the traders and much more... This new classified ad service will enable your forum to display and group all the ads contained in your forum in a new eye-pleasing way.

New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Ad11

About the ads

This new feature allows the forum admins to create a section entirely dedicated to ads on their forums. In a garage sale fashion, your members and guests on the forum could sell, rent, buy or even give depending of the kind of items they would like to share with the forum.

See the preview:

How does it work ?

The feature is available by default on all the Forumotion forums. To be clear, there's no need to activate the function. The administrator has simply to create an ad section. Very Happy

Adding an ad section is like creating a new forum or a new category. So you'll have to go to your Administration Panel >> General >> Categories and forums >> Add >> Choose the kind of forum you want >> Ads

See the Preview:

Once the section is created it is available for advertisers depending on the permissions you have set up.
Please Note that by default guests and members are allowed to post ads.

Wether you are representing an association for the protection or rescue of animals looking for a new master for a dog or cat or a designer who wants to sell his creations, or even someone who wants to rent his home for a week-end, this new functionality will help you achieve your goal !

For a better experience of this new feature on your forum, the administrators with forum who have modified these templates : viewforum_body, index_box, profile_send_email before the 09/28/2016 must take note of these modifications :phpBB2 Version, phpBB3 Version, inVision Version, PunBB Version.

Note : This novelty is on English, Spanish, Portugues, German and Italian communities for now. Wink

See you soon on Forumotion for other novelties !

Best Regards,

The Forumotion staff king

Last edited by Leviosa on October 7th 2016, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

SLGray and vouyz like this post

Back to top Go down

Important Re: New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads

Post by SarkZKalie October 11th 2016, 10:38 am

And apply for the new category, not old one, ma'am :3

New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Sarkzk10
SarkZKalie
SarkZKalie
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1407
Language : English

https://rotavn.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 11th 2016, 10:40 am

SarkZKalie wrote:And apply for the new category, not old one, ma'am :3
You can add an ad to an old category.

New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51452

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by TimV October 11th 2016, 1:00 pm

Great update thank you Forumotion!!

A few things:

1. The adverts do not appear in the Recent Topics rundown - could that be changed or better, could a module in the Forum Widgets Management be created? That would be an excellent feature to have on my forum in particular.

2. Since updating to iOS10 on my Apple devices, the text box is slim and I cannot see the toolbars above the text box. With this update I cannot see the photographs that are uploaded with a new advertisement. Is there a fix on the way?

Keep up the good work Forumotion!!
TimV
TimV
Forumember

Male Posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz October 11th 2016, 1:34 pm

azwiz wrote:
SLGray wrote:
azwiz wrote:" The Price in %s field is incorrect " . What does this mean ? how do I get it to disappear  ?
Please post a screenshot.
New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Price_10

SLGray wrote:If it is the wrong currency, you can change it:

No it is the correct currency . I guess the answer or the implication is that there must be a $ amount entered to create an ad . Is there a way to eliminate that feature ? Or disable it ? Or avoid it?

Since there are many classified ads that would not require the mention of a $ amount . Why is that block a default ? Can it be bypassed

Overnight someone signed in and placed this ad . I am as ignorant as they come . Should I be concerned about this ad ?

New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 New_ad10

APE wrote:
azwiz wrote:

Overnight someone signed in and placed this ad . I am as ignorant as they come . Should I be concerned about this ad ?

Hello if some one posted this and it's not a member then you have to change the settings on your ACP to only members to make a Ad

if its a member then you will see the name in the post of who made the thread at the time.

You don't even need to ok the thread you can say no and delete it.

I deleted it . And will change my permissions .

No offense thoang . Just doesn't belong there .

thoang wrote:I represent the Community in Vietnam desired forumotion Fm soon made it on our forum members Vietnam

@Leviosa @SLGray

Leviosa wrote:@azwiz

I have tested this on your forum, when I'm entering something invalid here's the message I have :
New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 He10

So I'm not sure how you manage to see " The Price in %s field is incorrect " but if you can describe your process in details, it would be really helpful.

I did not enter a dollar amount

Last edited by azwiz on October 12th 2016, 1:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thoang October 11th 2016, 3:39 pm

I represent the Community in Vietnam desired forumotion Fm soon made it on our forum members Vietnam

@Leviosa @SLGray
thoang
thoang

Language : Vietnamese, English

http://raovat.tuoitrevn.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by thoang October 11th 2016, 3:42 pm

Thank all you <3
thoang
thoang

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 11th 2016, 4:15 pm

@azwiz

I have tested this on your forum, when I'm entering something invalid here's the message I have :
New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 He10

So I'm not sure how you manage to see " The Price in %s field is incorrect " but if you can describe your process in details, it would be really helpful.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 11th 2016, 6:54 pm

TimV wrote:Great update thank you Forumotion!!

A few things:

1. The adverts do not appear in the Recent Topics rundown - could that be changed or better, could a module in the Forum Widgets Management be created?  That would be an excellent feature to have on my forum in particular.

2. Since updating to iOS10 on my Apple devices, the text box is slim and I cannot see the toolbars above the text box.  With this update I cannot see the photographs that are uploaded with a new advertisement.  Is there a fix on the way?

Keep up the good work Forumotion!!

Hello @TimV

Problem 1
Yes we know about this and it has been pointed out and right now it's not meant to show in the last topic Box
We have also pointed out that the posts number is missing and this could be installed at a later date.

Problem 2
As for the Apple device problem well that is down to an update we have not installed and for this fix it would have to have lots of testing.

Right now there is no update planed for this as far as i know as its a new update from Apple and it would have been working fine when we made the change to our systems.

Last edited by APE on October 11th 2016, 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Left1212New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Center11New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Right112
New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Ape_b110
New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 11th 2016, 6:57 pm

azwiz wrote:

Hello if some one posted this and it's not a member then you have to change the settings on your ACP to only members to make a Ad

if its a member then you will see the name in the post of who made the thread at the time.

You don't even need to ok the thread you can say no and delete it.

New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Left1212New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Center11New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Right112
New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Ape_b110
New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 14th 2016, 10:21 am

Since we receive notifications and emails about the ads, should there not be an option in the notification page in our profiles?  I mean the boxes for emails and in the toolbar.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SarkZKalie October 14th 2016, 1:39 pm

SLGray wrote:You can add an ad to an old category.
Not for me, Sir Sad
New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 321111
I would appreciate it if FM kindly allow us access to modify this template farao
SarkZKalie
SarkZKalie
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 14th 2016, 3:32 pm

Hello @SarkZkalie

Note : This novelty is on English, Spanish, Portugues, German and Italian communities for now.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by SarkZKalie October 14th 2016, 3:35 pm

Yeah, i mean i can't change the old forum categories to ads one (reason you posted above). They're only available for new one, new created one Very Happy I dun complain at all, just a question, ma'am. Twisted Evil
SarkZKalie
SarkZKalie
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 14th 2016, 8:49 pm

SarkZKalie wrote:Yeah, i mean i can't change the old forum categories to ads one (reason you posted above). They're only available for new one, new created one Very Happy I dun complain at all, just a question, ma'am. Twisted Evil
Why would you want to change a category to ads?   You can add ads to a category.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Hunk October 19th 2016, 12:45 am

After testing this new feature out, I noticed a few discrepancies. First thing I noticed is how it automatically disables the Log In Screen. You have to enable a Quick login display and place it on top of the Ad screen for your members to access this familiar way.

Second thing I noticed is how the forum banner slideshow is not regulated to stay on the Home Page only. It is rotating on that login screen with the Ads. I can't find a workaround for that unfortunately. Based on my own experiences as Admin, it is not wise to have that rotating slideshow on all screens because that tends to cause certain technical issues when accessing the chat box via mobile device. Having that enabled while viewing additional media on the Ads page might cause issues and so it would be nice to prevent them. I don't like the idea of stopping the javascript just to accommodate this new feature.

And then, the third thing I found bothersome is how the Online Status at the bottom of the Home Page is visible to these Guests outside of our private forum. The only workaround is to click on Never in the Hierarchy panel of the Homepage. However, that action does not allow our own members to see the viewonline information box. Its a rather severe measure.

Its a good feature no doubt, but for those of us who prefer to keep our private forum secured, admins will have to make certain workarounds which they and their members might not like. Guests should be allowed to see only those Ads as displayed, but should not see anything else beyond that [as described by me above]. Until this is remedied, we won't be using this. New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 1f626
Captain Hunk
Captain Hunk
Forumember

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 19th 2016, 5:20 am

Captain Hunk wrote:After testing this new feature out, I noticed a few discrepancies. First thing I noticed is how it automatically disables the Log In Screen. You have to enable a Quick login display and place it on top of the Ad screen for your members to access this familiar way.

Second thing I noticed is how the forum banner slideshow is not regulated to stay on the Home Page only. It is rotating on that login screen with the Ads. I can't find a workaround for that unfortunately. Based on my own experiences as Admin, it is not wise to have that rotating slideshow on all screens because that tends to cause certain technical issues when accessing the chat box via mobile device. Having that enabled while viewing additional media on the Ads page might cause issues and so it would be nice to prevent them. I don't like the idea of stopping the javascript just to accommodate this new feature.

And then, the third thing I found bothersome is how the Online Status at the bottom of the Home Page is visible to these Guests outside of our private forum. The only workaround is to click on Never in the Hierarchy panel of the Homepage. However, that action does not allow our own members to see the viewonline information box. Its a rather severe measure.

Its a good feature no doubt, but for those of us who prefer to keep our private forum secured, admins will have to make certain workarounds which they and their members might not like. Guests should be allowed to see only those Ads as displayed, but should not see anything else beyond that [as described by me above]. Until this is remedied, we won't be using this.  New feature on forumotion forums : Classified ads  - Page 2 1f626
I really do not understand what you mean by log in page and guests' permissions.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HrvojeP October 21st 2016, 12:18 am

Can I help with translation for the Croatian version?
HrvojeP
HrvojeP
Forumember

Male Posts : 161
Language : Croatian, English

http://drvenibrodovi.forumcroatian.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thoang October 21st 2016, 1:11 pm

I am very sad because I have a forum but #forumotion not provide this feature for the Vietnam forum...
thoang
thoang

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 28th 2016, 12:31 am

Love the new update! Thank you forumotion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Global Federation December 27th 2016, 5:03 pm

Apologies for digging up this old thread, but it's relevant. Would it be possible to set viewing permissions for guests, members, and special groups? My point with this is that some forums may want to keep user information private, such as the email address if they choose to display, from guests just happening to wander upon your forum. It would also be helpful for those that would only like to see a specific category of ads if your forum chooses to host all of them. To help reduce clutter of course.
Global Federation
Global Federation
Forumember

http://globalfederation.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonight January 6th 2017, 10:19 pm

@Leviosa, can you let users translate some strings to their own language so that this feature could get implemented? Razz
Tonight
Tonight
Forumember

Male Posts : 312
Language : Estonian, English, Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo January 6th 2017, 10:31 pm

HrvojeP wrote:Can I help with translation for the Croatian version?

thoang wrote:I am very sad because I have a forum but #forumotion not provide this feature for the Vietnam forum...

Tonight wrote:@Leviosa, can you let users translate some strings to their own language so that this feature could get implemented? Razz

Hello,

There are translators for all the official support languages and for some others. Unfortunately, only staff members can translate our services. In addition to this, this feature is only available for specific languages although the translations for other languages (like Greek) have been submitted. It's just a policy of our company. I am sure that in the near future, the ads will be available for every community!

Global Federation wrote:Apologies for digging up this old thread, but it's relevant. Would it be possible to set viewing permissions for guests, members, and special groups? My point with this is that some forums may want to keep user information private, such as the email address if they choose to display, from guests just happening to wander upon your forum. It would also be helpful for those that would only like to see a specific category of ads if your forum chooses to host all of them. To help reduce clutter of course.

Please create a thread in the suggestion forum.

Hello
Nemo
Nemo
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1203
Language : Greek, English, French

http://www.helpgr.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2