The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to add text description to dice results for accessibility?

4 posters

Go down

Solved Is it possible to add text description to dice results for accessibility?

Post by Kreftropod March 1st 2022, 3:47 pm

Hello!
I apologize if this has been asked before, I tried finding a solution, but most dice-related posts I could find were very old and in the garbage. I'm testing the RPG Dice function on a phpbb2 forum, and was wondering:

1. Is there any way to add a text-description to the different dice results? I know how to upload images for the different results/faces of the dice, but would like to make the function more accessible to users who might not be able to view the images, so adding a text-description would be very helpful.

2. Is there a way to customize the size of the dice-result images? The images always look a little blurry to me when they're automatically posted as is, no matter the original file-size, so I would like to be able to use a larger image but scale it down with html/css/similar so it looks sharp when posted.

Thanks!
Kreftropod
Kreftropod

Language : English, Swedish

https://numoori.swedishforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is it possible to add text description to dice results for accessibility?

Post by skouliki March 2nd 2022, 2:40 am

Hello

We do not have a template for the dices so perhaps you can archive this with a javascript
As far as i know, i haven’t seen any codes since the dices are not used by many members

Another solution will be to create images with text instead of the description
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15169
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is it possible to add text description to dice results for accessibility?

Post by The Godfather March 2nd 2022, 10:06 am

Hello,

Kreftropod wrote:1. Is there any way to add a text-description to the different dice results? I know how to upload images for the different results/faces of the dice, but would like to make the function more accessible to users who might not be able to view the images, so adding a text-description would be very helpful.

If this option seems important to you, feel free to open a new suggestion here. If the option interests several users, the team will study its feasibility.
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Ape and MattiaDes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kreftropod March 5th 2022, 5:41 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your replies! I've made images with text on them. It doesn't really help the users who can't view images (e. g. users with screen readers), but it's a step on the way.

I'll look into opening a suggestion for it Very Happy

Thanks again! I'll mark this as solved~
Kreftropod
Kreftropod

Language : English, Swedish

https://numoori.swedishforum.net/

skouliki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape March 5th 2022, 5:52 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Is it possible to add text description to dice results for accessibility? Left1212Is it possible to add text description to dice results for accessibility? Center11Is it possible to add text description to dice results for accessibility? Right112
Is it possible to add text description to dice results for accessibility? Ape_b110
Is it possible to add text description to dice results for accessibility? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19153
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down