The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New problems posting new topics

3 posters

Go down

Solved New problems posting new topics

Post by azwiz July 6th 2023, 5:49 am

I have had quite a bit of trouble lately .

Many times getting , first the secure connection failed and try again screen . Then the aboutneterror and resend screen .

Half of the time that works . The other half of the time I get the This topic has already been posted . Then I have to back out and delete . Other times it just plain double posts . Posts 2 of the same . I just delete one of them then .

This has just started recently . Normally runs smooth as silk .

New problems posting new topics Secure10

Last edited by azwiz on July 6th 2023, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New problems posting new topics

Post by skouliki July 6th 2023, 8:00 am

hello

This is happening when you refresh a page to which some post data was sent (for example, when you have completed a form)
This question is asking you if you want to re-send that data so, if you made a search the searched term will be sent again to the server.

This for example can be dangerous when you completed a form where you have ordered something, so refreshing the page and resending the data will make a new order in that site.

this is a Firefox issue so i suggest again clearing your browser cookie and check that you do not have apps or extensions installed that may interrupt the session e.g. a VPN, a network traffic monitor, a proxy, etc.

skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15135
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Niko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz July 6th 2023, 4:27 pm

by skouliki Yesterday at 23:00
hello

This is happening when you refresh a page to which some post data was sent (for example, when you have completed a form)
This question is asking you if you want to re-send that data so, if you made a search the searched term will be sent again to the server.

This for example can be dangerous when you completed a form where you have ordered something, so refreshing the page and resending the data will make a new order in that site.

this is a Firefox issue so i suggest again clearing your browser cookie and check that you do not have apps or extensions installed that may interrupt the session e.g. a VPN, a network traffic monitor, a proxy, etc.

Not exactly . It only happens when I post a new post or topic . Several things can occur . The ones I mention and also Flood control . Wait 5 seconds and try again . Happens even if only 1 post is being posted as well as when I do too many .

But you are right . I forgot . I need to clean my cache .

But alas I cannot yet . As I am playing a game with 662 layouts . I'm now at probably 400 something . And it doesn't work on the white list . So I'm not taking a chance this time . Clearing my cache will have to wait until I have completed the game .

Thank you

Solved .
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape July 6th 2023, 7:53 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

New problems posting new topics Left1212New problems posting new topics Center11New problems posting new topics Right112
New problems posting new topics Ape_b110
New problems posting new topics Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19123
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down