The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I report an entire forum for hatespeech and harassment?

2 posters

Go down

Solved How do I report an entire forum for hatespeech and harassment?

Post by Corzetti91 September 5th 2023, 1:38 am

Hello!
Recently some people I know became the victim of off-site harassment. We found the harasser owns a forumotion forum that he has updated recently.
Much of the forum in question is full of hate speech, bigoted slurs, nazi imagery, harassment, and threats to others.
We found the "Declare a Litigation" form here, but the wording makes it sound like that report will be sent to the forum owner, and not forumotion staff. We do not want this person to know we are trying to report him, as he may do more to harm the victims.

Is there an administrator or forumotion staff member I could speak to privately about this matter? While I know they cannot do much about the off-site harassment, some of the stuff on the forum posted by the administrator of it is really nasty and goes against forumotion ToS. That or can I get confirmation that declaring litigation will not notify the owner of the forum we are reporting?

Thank you!

Last edited by Corzetti91 on September 5th 2023, 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Corzetti91
Corzetti91

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How do I report an entire forum for hatespeech and harassment?

Post by skouliki September 5th 2023, 5:08 am

Hello

If you wish to report a forum you can press the Report an abuse link at the end of the forum.
This goes to the forum owner
If you want to report a violation of Forumotion services then use the litigation:
https://www.forumotion.com/litigation
That goes to our team and to the owner of the forum.
( my advice is give as much info as you can and screenshots )

Our head office recieves hundreds, possibly thousands of reports (some legitimate some not) and has to investigate each one...this takes time.
The office will give the owner a warning to remove what he put on the forum but if the forum is breaking lots of our rules and TOS then we might ban the forum

You can send a pm to @SLGray or @ @Ape if you like but we dont have contact with the legal office

Note : If after 2 months you don't see any change my advice is to call the police and report the forum it's self.
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15143
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Corzetti91 September 5th 2023, 5:19 am

skouliki wrote:Hello

If you wish to report a forum you can press the Report an abuse link at the end of the forum.
This goes to the forum owner
If you want to report a violation of Forumotion services then use the litigation:
https://www.forumotion.com/litigation
That goes to our team and to the owner of the forum.
( my advice is give as much info as you can and screenshots )

Our head office recieves hundreds, possibly thousands of reports (some legitimate some not) and has to investigate each one...this takes time.
The office will give the owner a warning to remove what he put on the forum but if the forum is breaking lots of our rules and TOS then we might ban the forum

You can send a pm to @SLGray or @ @Ape if you like but we dont have contact with the legal office

Note : If after 2 months you don't see any change my advice is to call the police and report the forum it's self.
Thank you for the reply.
Its unfortunate that the reports will be seen by the site owner. But I shall see what we can do. Thank you
Corzetti91
Corzetti91

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki September 5th 2023, 6:16 am

you are welcome

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15143
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down