The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My forum is reported for Copyright infringment

+2
skouliki
Razor12345
6 posters

Go down

Solved My forum is reported for Copyright infringment

Post by Guest September 23rd 2023, 8:12 am

Why is this? What kind of rule was broken in my rules thread: https://timetravel.forumotion.com/t1-forum-rules

music in forum - My forum is reported for Copyright infringment Screen96

Last edited by The Raven on September 24th 2023, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: My forum is reported for Copyright infringment

Post by Razor12345 September 23rd 2023, 9:09 am

Good morning!

Some user thinks you are breaking the rules, specifically Copyright infringement
Hover over the "i" icon to see a comment on the complaint.

After reviewing the complaint and taking certain actions, if you feel it is appropriate, you can click the tick box in the last "Action" column.

music in forum - My forum is reported for Copyright infringment Screen51
Razor12345
Razor12345
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1506
Language : Ukr, Rus, Eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 23rd 2023, 9:19 am

The image was simply found on google image search for time travel. I didn't look up on some websites where people share photos and then snatch it. I am not using this photo for any beneficial content, no money is involved. Nor I saw any link towards where the image originates from.
Seems like some people are way too bored to report stuff like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor12345 September 23rd 2023, 9:36 am

This type of complaint is precautionary. If you know that you have violated something - it is better to correct it. If not, you can leave it as it is.

The user can send the next complaint to the Forumotion office. Then they will review the complaint and take action.

If your question is resolved, mark the topic as solved.

Razor12345
Razor12345
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki September 23rd 2023, 9:49 am

hello

if you are talking about the banner i found this https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/spiral-clock-the-flow-of-time-dark-blue-turquoise-gm1341635109-421309221

if you are talking about avatar i found this https://100gamesvictorfanficstories.fandom.com/wiki/Lancelot_Du_Lac

both images are under copyright

i did a simple google search
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15225
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jucarese September 23rd 2023, 11:37 am

@skouliki https://100gamesvictorfanficstories.fandom.com/wiki/Lancelot_Du_Lac
He cannot have copyright of a character from a Merlim series that is everywhere
The images of the clock are not yours either, they are from the horoscope of Hola magazine

So you can't ask for copyright.

jucarese
jucarese
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2464
Language : spanish

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u23082

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 23rd 2023, 12:13 pm

jucarese wrote: @skouliki https://100gamesvictorfanficstories.fandom.com/wiki/Lancelot_Du_Lac
He cannot have copyright of a character from a Merlim series that is everywhere
The images of the clock are not yours either, they are from the horoscope of Hola magazine

So you can't ask for copyright.

If somebody should have copyright of merlin character it is BBC itself and I am quite sure nobody will bother to sue somebody for such a nonsense.

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki September 23rd 2023, 12:17 pm

none of the images are mine i did a search to help the member find out why he was reported 
if the pictures are ok then ok i didn't read the license of each image i just put the links for the member to investigate further himself
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15225
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wizard king September 23rd 2023, 9:53 pm

@The Raven is there a way to see what member made the report? I recommend just banning the person from your platform. Censorship is a growing issue across the internet, and nobody needs the extra nonsense. That person maybe a competitor against you with the same kind of website trying to monopolize that particular market.

forumotion need to have a feature that shows WHO is filing reports on founders, if it's not already done by now.

wizard king
wizard king
Forumember

Language : English

Sir Chivas™ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 23rd 2023, 10:33 pm

The issue is i cant see who reported because he would be banned by now. This is not the first time. Same happened with another forum i had. I dont know what kind of world is this when people cry over this as if i am earning millions so he has to report me. I literaly opened forum yesterday. Pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by wizard king September 24th 2023, 1:17 am

The Raven wrote:The issue is i cant see who reported because he would be banned by now. This is not the first time. Same happened with another forum i had. I dont know what kind of world is this when people cry over this as if i am earning millions so he has to report me. I literaly opened forum yesterday. Pointless.

As creators forumotion needs to give us tools to defend ourselves against these internet censorship trolls. Your situation raven can grow into a bigger problem for the ecosystem of forumotion.

It maybe time for us as creators to lock down our forums and take the Elon musk approach to only let people VEIW OR USE our platforms if they pay us first. I'm going to make my forum impossible for guest to use or view from here on out. Pay me first. We as creators don't waste our time to create our forums about a specific topic we enjoy (free to use), just for censorship trolls to report us and they don't even USE the platform.

Make your forums private unable to veiw, and don't let anyone register unless they pay some money, to help keep the lights on.
wizard king
wizard king
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray September 24th 2023, 1:24 am

If this is just a report an abuse report, the administrators of the forum in question will see them.   Litigation reports are the ones that go to both the administrators of the forums and the Forumotion litigation team.   Also what does the popup say when you hover your cursor over the report (the icon to the left of the report) in the AP?

P.S.  You can make your forum private to guests and members, but Forumotion will still be able to see everything.

music in forum - My forum is reported for Copyright infringment Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51520

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2023, 10:24 am

SLGray wrote:If this is just a report an abuse report, the administrators of the forum in question will see them.   Litigation reports are the ones that go to both the administrators of the forums and the Forumotion litigation team.   Also what does the popup say when you hover your cursor over the report (the icon to the left of the report) in the AP?

P.S.  You can make your forum private to guests and members, but Forumotion will still be able to see everything.

He wanted to report my forum, but report got to me only:

music in forum - My forum is reported for Copyright infringment Screen97

I can only speculate who that is but it is probably somebody who is jelous of me xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 24th 2023, 6:46 pm

People pay a lot of money in their own right to make an image their own.
Copyrights are there to put things in by law and you should always respect that copyright.
If this person who has reported you or anyone else who use his / her image this is a first step and not a full report by the looks of it. They are just saying can you remove it.

Now if they report you using our Litigation team tool then you will get a warning on your ACP saying you X amount of time to remove it and if you don't our team will ban your forum.

Now you are lucky this is not the case right now.

Our TOS does say you should not use Copyrighted images or text from other sites.

My basic advice is just remove the image and have done with it or face maybe this person making a bigger report or even taking you to court and you landing a big fine. No one wants to see you have this.

Regards.

Ape.

music in forum - My forum is reported for Copyright infringment Left1212music in forum - My forum is reported for Copyright infringment Center11music in forum - My forum is reported for Copyright infringment Right112
music in forum - My forum is reported for Copyright infringment Ape_b110
music in forum - My forum is reported for Copyright infringment Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19182
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2023, 7:08 pm

I am no longer using the forum, problem solved just like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor12345 September 24th 2023, 7:23 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Razor12345
Razor12345
Support Moderator
Support Moderator