The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terms of Service Question

3 posters

Go down

Solved Terms of Service Question

Post by tvhthtv May 1st 2024, 12:46 am

I have a question regarding Forumotion's Terms of Service. I am a scambaiter. We call scammers and collect vital information which we report to the authorities. A key resource for us is a place where we can share verified scammer phone numbers.

I was wondering if sharing scammer phone numbers in a private forumotion forum would violate the Terms of Service. I do not find anything like this addressed in the Prohibited items section of the Terms of Service but don't want to proceed with using the platform if it would indeed violate TOS.

Last edited by tvhthtv on May 4th 2024, 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
tvhthtv
tvhthtv

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Terms of Service Question

Post by skouliki May 1st 2024, 9:15 am

skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15187
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape May 1st 2024, 2:32 pm

Posting Private phone numbers in public is a breach of our TOS, BUT the phone numbers you are posting as far as i can see is not Private it's out to the public on their websites and they call from them so if the number is public then I don't think it breaks our TOS.

To be honest the more help from people like you the better.
My step dad was scammed 6 months before he passed and i was so mad but nothing we could do to get his money back.

Terms of Service Question Left1212Terms of Service Question Center11Terms of Service Question Right112
Terms of Service Question Ape_b110
Terms of Service Question Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19162
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

tvhthtv likes this post

Back to top Go down

Solved Thank you for your reply!

Post by tvhthtv May 3rd 2024, 12:47 am

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear about your step dad. Many of us who get into scambaiting were either scammed ourselves or have a loved one who was scammed. Scammers don't care who they scam or who they hurt. I once encountered a scammer who was taking advantage of a teenage boy who had down syndrome. It made my blood boil.

Thank you for the reply! We're gonna give forumotion a shot. We will keep it locked up and as private as possible, we do take privacy and security very seriously.

Ape wrote:Posting Private phone numbers in public is a breach of our TOS, BUT the phone numbers you are posting as far as i can see is not Private it's out to the public on their websites and they call from them so if the number is public then I don't think it breaks our TOS.

To be honest the more help from people like you the better.
My step dad was scammed 6 months before he passed and i was so mad but nothing we could do to get his money back.
tvhthtv
tvhthtv

Language : English

Ape likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape May 3rd 2024, 4:55 pm

@tvhthtv If you think i have solved your problem and help you please post again saying solved or please just press the mark solved button that can be found at the top of this topic.

Terms of Service Question Left1212Terms of Service Question Center11Terms of Service Question Right112
Terms of Service Question Ape_b110
Terms of Service Question Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19162
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

tvhthtv likes this post

Back to top Go down