The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various questions...

3 posters

Go down

Various questions... Empty Various questions...

Post by Brad38 May 15th 2008, 4:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I have so many questions but I'm a newbie and some of this stuff is just completely foreign to me.

1st question: Can I change the name of my forum? When I go into the forum address management I see it says, "quick update of your forum name". Then besides that is my forum name in a box then ".forumakers.com". Right beside that it says, "edit a link". Do I just input the new name I want and then hit, "edit a link"?

2nd question: Is there anyway to speed up the refresh rate when you view "Who's online"? Right now even clicking refresh when viewing who's online doesn't update you fast enough it seems to refresh very slowly and I would like it to update to what someone is doing immediately.

3rd question:
Is there anyway to add a link to my forum that either guests or members can both view that will view a list of posts made in say a 24 hour period? Right now only members can view posts that were made since the last time they logged in. But I would prefer if both guests and members could click a link that would show them posts made in a 24 hour period. If there is a way to do this, I need step by step instructions of how to enter the link, where it goes, code etc.

4th and last question for now: I want to change the the elements displayed at the bottom of my forum. Right now this is what my forum shows:

Various questions... Exampl13

but I want it to have these 3 exact sections and with icons:

Various questions... Exampl12

I will also need instructions of how exactly this is changed.

I would appreciate the help very much and again, I'm new here and with forums but after I get used to some of these things I'm sure I will be less of a pain in the future.

Thanks so much.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Various questions... Empty Re: Various questions...

Post by Luka_08 May 15th 2008, 5:44 pm

first question - yes
second question - i think no
Luka_08
Luka_08
Forumember

Male Posts : 553
Language : hrvatski, engleski, talijanski, njemački, latinski, srpski, bosanski, i svašta nešta

http://math-forum.org/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim May 15th 2008, 6:36 pm

question1: you can change the suffix of your site
for example : cookiesarefun.forumotion.com to cookiesarefun.7forum.com

question2: No... the refresh is set at 5 minutes... you can see a up to date whose online in your admin panel

question3: No... the only option is the "view last posts" button

and 4 : that is a custom CSS used in vision boards, its unavailable on forumotion
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 May 15th 2008, 11:36 pm

Jalokim wrote:question1: you can change the suffix of your site
for example : cookiesarefun.forumotion.com to cookiesarefun.7forum.com

question2: No... the refresh is set at 5 minutes... you can see a up to date whose online in your admin panel

question3: No... the only option is the "view last posts" button

and 4 : that is a custom CSS used in vision boards, its unavailable on forumotion

Thank you very much for answering. Thanks for your responses too, Luka. I was hoping that at least one of my questions was possible and question number 1 was the one that concerned me the least. Sad

Do you know if any of those other questions 2-4 will be addressed in the future?

Thanks again very much.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down