The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

+3
Tristou
marx123
skorpy
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... Empty [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

Post by skorpy December 29th 2006, 9:46 am

https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1780

It was'nt a flood,Was Just my opinion actually.I was chatting in general...you guys need to simmer instead of making half of us look and feel bad for making comments that are innocent.I was just trying to help.
skorpy
skorpy
Forumember

Female Posts : 323
Language : 33

http://babytalk.megabb.com/

Back to top Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... Empty Re: [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

Post by marx123 December 29th 2006, 10:00 am

it means the case is solved..
and if the problem is solved
no need to give advice ^^
marx123
marx123
Forumember

Male Posts : 309
Language : english , pilipino, french(al ittle)

http://www.battlerealms.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... Empty Re: [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

Post by Tristou December 29th 2006, 10:30 am

marx123 wrote:it means the case is solved..
and if the problem is solved
no need to give advice ^^

exactly, that's not against you skorpy Very Happy
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by lockelymarkets December 29th 2006, 11:01 am

If you want to chat in general then create a new topic in the "General Discussions" section.
lockelymarkets
lockelymarkets
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : English, French and German. Please PM for MSN address.

http://transit.forumzen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou December 29th 2006, 11:18 am

A topic for the discussions exists in the general discussions and there is a chatbox in the bottom of the forum Smile
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... Empty i

Post by skorpy December 29th 2006, 11:32 am

hmmm I dont think you understand what I was saying.This is the help forum right?

Therefor I was helping by adding what Katt and pauldemonteverde was saying,by also saying that I have done it without having to do what they explained.I was'nt going against what they said,just extra advice on what can be done as I done it differently.I know it was solved,and what I put didnt change what other mods said.It seemed the only appropriate place to add my views.Maybe solved topics should be locked straight away if it is felt it is solved,if Moderators dont like people posting after,instead of being left open for more threads.Afterall it was the thread starter who put solved down,not a mod.

It just felt rude to me after trying to help,that it was put in such a way that I felt like I was sticking my nose in.I mean sometimes I am too scared to ask for help or give advise on here as I have had these sort of problems before.If I dont understand whats being said for instance..some Mods tend to get irritated. This forum can be very strict at times.

I am an easy person to get on with,but I have been made to feel like a bad person on here at times.
skorpy
skorpy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by marx123 December 29th 2006, 11:50 am

well
i remember a forumlike that
yeah Onrpg..it has strict mods...
whew few datys ago my friend gabe is fondator of onrpg recently banned 3 mods

and got new mods

but for you try to be calm...the forum has a strict rules..not hte moderators who is strict.....
man i remember a member like you..whew...
yaeh some forum can be strict or not..but its just respecting the forum rules...
well here on support edit board...
we are here to help each other and on a friendly debate...

we help each other..but if a member get irrirated on you
you can fight within PM's not exactly on the board..^^
-----------------

as you said you did give an extra advice
its okay that you gave an extra advice
you dont have to worry about it...^^
marx123
marx123
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by skorpy December 29th 2006, 11:57 am

I am calm...I am not ranting,sorry if it seems that way.I am trying to get a point across.I am not a nightmare member,well I hope im not.

Maybe in future like I said...solved threads should just be locked if no further replies are wanted.
skorpy
skorpy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou December 29th 2006, 11:58 am

Or moved into the garbage Smile
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by marx123 December 29th 2006, 12:06 pm

glad'ya got it...

^^
marx123
marx123
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou December 29th 2006, 1:01 pm

Well, maybe it's time for me to lock the topic no ?
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem December 29th 2006, 1:08 pm

Is it really necessary?

I know normally, I'm a happy presser when it comes to applying rules, but this thread isn't (yet) turning into flood and it's support in a way.
=> keeping a good communication between forum and staff members, an essentiel point of the support system...

At the limit, mayby we could move this topic to the General Discussions Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lockelymarkets December 29th 2006, 1:19 pm

Can someone please tell me what the point of this thread is? To me it looks like the problems been solved...
lockelymarkets
lockelymarkets
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : English, French and German. Please PM for MSN address.

http://transit.forumzen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou December 29th 2006, 1:48 pm

Yes, you're right Cail' Wink

If a topic like this- one doesn't exist in the general discussions to discuss about the ules, the moderation, we can put this one as an only topic Smile
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by skorpy December 29th 2006, 1:48 pm

Caihlem wrote:Is it really necessary?

I know normally, I'm a happy presser when it comes to applying rules, but this thread isn't (yet) turning into flood and it's support in a way.
=> keeping a good communication between forum and staff members, an essentiel point of the support system...

At the limit, mayby we could move this topic to the General Discussions Wink

You are always a happy presser Caihlem Wink

Im not speaking about all the mods here

friskybear wrote:Can someone please tell me what the point of this thread is? To me it looks like the problems been solved...

If you read again,you will see what the point is....is me making a point.

Last edited by on December 29th 2006, 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
skorpy
skorpy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou December 29th 2006, 1:50 pm

we've post together so look at my answer Skorpy Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by skorpy December 29th 2006, 1:51 pm

Tristou wrote:we've post together so look at my answer Skorpy Wink

yes,seen it after I posted ..lol sorry
skorpy
skorpy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou December 29th 2006, 2:12 pm

Ok, let's go the general discussions lol

(and I edit the title) ^^
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by pauldemonteverde December 29th 2006, 2:53 pm

Ooops... sorry 'bout that skorpy. i dont mean anything about locking that topic.
i locked it because the query is solved.
i am just avoiding others may thread the same query when the topic was already been solved.
the point of this, they can ask a new question or queries opening a new topic.

if you are going to analyze the topic and the thread on it, it becomes a topic full of scripts Wink hahahahaaa (i can call that topic, "script floods").

at least, any concerns about that topic may open a new one so that new answers may explain clearly.

if you want to give compliments or additional info, feedbacks and reaction we are very glad to hear something like this from you and from others.

peace my friend! [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... 67
pauldemonteverde
pauldemonteverde
Forumember

Male Posts : 238
Language : English and Filipino

http://isanghimig.online-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem December 29th 2006, 3:17 pm

skorpy wrote:You are always a happy presser Caihlem Wink

Good to know people know whom to fear if they tresspas them then Cool

Meanwhile, like all people, I'm not necessarilly perfect (I'm close though Razz), so any comments (justified and well developed) are all welcome Very good
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by skorpy December 29th 2006, 3:21 pm

Thankyou for your reply pauldemonteverde,I appriciate that response.

I try if I can to help,obviously its your jobs as moderators,and You are all good at helping.And it is also good for us members to be able to help each other in the process.Because the subject was still open,I assumed I was aloud to voice any opinions even though it was solved,and obviously its hard sometimes to type something without is sounding sarcastic,rude or nasty when you dont mean to be.

Its actually nice to have these sort of threads such as this one to be able too communicate with you,and voice any concerns,queries and opinions.

No offense intended,just had to have my say on how it felt at the time.
skorpy
skorpy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem December 29th 2006, 6:25 pm

No offense taken on any side then Cool

it's great though that you did it since know we actually have a communication thread (here Razz) and you're quesry, although not directly EB related, is solved
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 7th 2007, 8:54 pm

Caihlem

Vous avez corbeillisé le topic d'un membre qui voulait de l'aide, et il parlait arabe et anglais.

Il m'a raconté tout cela, car c'est vous en question qui lui avez donné le lien de mon forum.

Il suffisait de lui répondre par "possible" ou "impossible" d'avoir la Base des données de son forum.

-------

You garbaged the topic of a member looking for help, who spoke arabic and english.

He told me about this, because you are the one who gave him a link to my forum.

You just had to tell him if it was possible or impossible to have his forum's database.

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 7th 2007, 8:56 pm

do you have the link of this topic admin** please Wink ?
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 7th 2007, 9:14 pm

in the garbage: and i don't found the topic.. Confused

--------

Critic to Caihlem: what happen?
https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1810 > the member didn't flood the topic ! You advertise very quiquly xD
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 7th 2007, 10:33 pm

The goal of the topic is the problem with arabactif. So posting to say "your forum is beautiful", even it's true (and I think so), it's off-topic Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 8th 2007, 12:15 pm

Hi admin**, been a little while Very Happy

I can't remember about the first incident you talked about. But I don't think I would have simply given the link to Arabactif and garbaged. Especially if the member also posted in English.
If you have the members name here, mayby I could also have a look andtry to find it Very Happy
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 16th 2007, 8:08 pm

Tristou wrote:The goal of the topic is the problem with arabactif. So posting to say "your forum is beautiful", even it's true (and I think so), it's off-topic Wink

I know that it's off-topic, but not a flood .

---

to cailhem> Ok, i search so his name , it's not a problem. Smile
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 16th 2007, 8:22 pm

scratch
For me off-topic is flood.
Especially when it's as obvious.

Problem with X forum => "Pretty forum"
O_o If that's not a useless comment...
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 6:02 pm

For you all is a flood xD
Ok, so..come your test dear cailhaim Mr. Green

What's this? > https://help.forumotion.com/Miscellaneous-c2/Garbage-f4/hiii-im-arabic-man-t1020.htm?highlight= is this a help to garbage a topic when you must be answer by "yes" or "no" to a new member?

Sorry, you have must to be nice with a members. No? i don't understand your method, also you garbage and you haven't know the mean of "flood".

Flood is a many messages posted and haven't any mean, any object.

You should to be tactful with the members.

Vous êtes trop sec dans votre méthode de modération, surtout avec les nouveaux membres.

Ps: Tristou Xd> don't step in please before the answer of calheim.

Nice day!

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next