The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

+3
Tristou
marx123
skorpy
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... - Page 2 Empty [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

Post by skorpy December 29th 2006, 9:46 am

First topic message reminder :

https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1780

It was'nt a flood,Was Just my opinion actually.I was chatting in general...you guys need to simmer instead of making half of us look and feel bad for making comments that are innocent.I was just trying to help.
skorpy
skorpy
Forumember

Female Posts : 323
Language : 33

http://babytalk.megabb.com/

Back to top Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... - Page 2 Empty Re: [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 6:06 pm

I look at this topic and I understand that Cai'l lock the topic because digital ask a quetion in this topic instead of create an other one. Don't worry, I won't lock this topic and I suggest to wait the answer of Cailhem Smile
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... - Page 2 Empty Re: [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 6:13 pm

digital is a new member..

Serait-ce la fin du monde d'être un peu moins sec avec les membres?

>Tristou you have answer and i wrote to not repley before "cal" Rolling Eyes

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 6:17 pm

I think I can answer too, I'm the admin of this forum, I'm responsible of my moderators Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 6:28 pm

ok Tristou, i understand new the mean of "moderation, criticism etc"

I don't say that you had'nt the administrator. Tu prends les choses trop à coeur xD

allez je vous laisse..

Goog bye^^have a nice day

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 6:30 pm

------------ french --------------------

Non, ce n'est pas une question de prendre trop à coeur. Ce topic est fait pour donner son avis sur la modération de ce forum et j'estime avoir mon mot à dire en tant qu'admin puisque c'est moi qui est responsable étant donné que c'est moi qui ait nommé les modérateurs, voilà tout, fin du HS, on attends la réponse de Caihlem maintenant Smile
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 7:05 pm

tu trouve que ma critique est du HS?

Je te laisse ce topic comme topic de remerciements alors.

Bye

admin**

---

You have see my critic if an out of the topic? xD

Okay! so i you leave this topic only for thinx

Bye

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Digit@l January 17th 2007, 7:21 pm

i see that admin** is right

Sorry,( Tristou , Caihlem) you have must to be nice with the
members

i will leave here for ever .

bye ^^ have a nice day

digital
Digit@l
Digit@l
Forumember

Male Posts : 606
Language : Arabic.English.Italiano

https://help.ahlamontada.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 7:40 pm

the communication with the staff and members is very important. You must be more communicate with the members .

Ce point est très important, moins de froideur et plus de contact seraient les bienvenus, croyez-moi..mais bon, ce n'est qu'un conseil .

Aurevoir aussi au forum anglais comme au forum français.

Bye bye

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 17th 2007, 7:42 pm

Hello every body, sorry to be late Laughing

First of all, for digital's post, I was stricly applying the rules.
If a member, new or not, tresspasses a rule, he can be sure I'll be passing him a visit Wink

I'm here as a moderator, not as an act of charity. Rules aren't meant to be kind but to be applied Wink
Personnally, whether your kind or not, it mustn't change the way the rules are applied!

If yu do take a look in the garbage, you should (hopefully) see that Im not the only one garbageing Wink
You say I don't know the definition of flood. Wll, my definition in any case is a post (or more) in the wrong place and serving no purpose as it is. If it's in the wrong place, it doesn't serve Wink

Finally, I would dearly appreciate if this could come back to reality. By this I mean that I can't be expected to actually listen to someone who seemingly has something against me for no apparant reason Wink
(There as been more in private for those who think it' only because of what has been said here)

Sur-ce, a plus David Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 7:45 pm

Ce qui était HS, c'est mes propos pour expliquer pourquoi j'ai répondu avant Caihlem alors je te prie de ne pas déformer ce que je dis...

The HS, it was my post where I explained why I answer before Caihlem so avoid to deform my ideas;)

I think we communicate, we say "Hello, welcome on the forums.." and other sentence to have a nice "ambiance". and would like to see a post (or more than a post) where you think whev'e been to much hard Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Digit@l January 17th 2007, 7:55 pm

Caihlem

in first , i dont have something against you .

i was only new member need help >> but what happend is that u send my topic to the garbage ..

bye ^^ have a nice day

digital
Digit@l
Digit@l
Forumember

Male Posts : 606
Language : Arabic.English.Italiano

https://help.ahlamontada.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 17th 2007, 7:58 pm

Digital, wasn't addressed towards you Wink

I ca understand the frustration you had, but then again, rules aren't written eiter to be pretty or to make the form sound fancy Wink
I'm personnally convinced, and will forever be, that it wouldn't have happened if you had taken but 5 minutes to read them Very Happy
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 8:03 pm

Tristou> toi tu déforme tout.
>Communication is not a "hello", hi, but your method of communication, not a sentences.
------

celham >
I'm here as a moderator, not as an act of charity. Rules aren't meant to be kind but to be applied

Smile So you don't know the mean of "HELP" it's not a charity if you help a new member xD

Je ne te dis pas à plus, tu devrais réfléchir à tes actes, et à tes arguments "fiables" Rolling Eyes
---

So i don't you talk "bye bye" because you must be think in your acts and what you say.

Il ne faut pas appliquer les règles comme ça; ça c'est mon point de vue.

Ce topic est aussi nul que le français, l'autre au moins on a fait quelques petits changements, mais niveau règlement, vous restez tous froids avec les membres, et la distance n'est pas une bonne chose.

Bye
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 17th 2007, 8:12 pm

You're a funny one you know? lol!

(H.S; would you mind spelling my name right David? lol!)

I don't consider helping charity no, I consider it my 'job' in a sort of way. And they are, by the way, helped...
I'm not the only one who needs to watch my words it seems Wink

Ce topic est aussi nul que le français, l'autre au moins on a fait quelques petits changements, mais niveau règlement, vous restez tous froids avec les membres, et la distance n'est pas une bonne chose

=> This topic is as bad as the french one! But at least things are done after in the french version + a few nice words Mr. Green

Well, we haven't really had any time to change anything, we're ot wizards you know Wink

You're allowed to have your opinion, none will ever deny it.

P.S; we are in an english forum, so please, if you want to post in french, translate
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 8:19 pm

No I don't deform your posts because I believe we're dealing with differents matters.

As Cailem said, we can't change anything, this "problem" was reporterd only a few hours ago and we are not 2 to decide, were are a team, that is to say we decide together Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 8:24 pm

thinx for translation, i don't very fort in the english calhem

you are messing this word to translate:
mais niveau règlement, vous restez tous froids avec les membres, et la distance n'est pas une bonne chose

It's not an opinion, but a suggestion: communication is bad, why you not change your method of communication? you garbage all ..

I haven't a friend how his name is Pamtax, mister calhim.

Ps: I speak english now; translate of arabic Cool

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 8:28 pm

Have you an example because you say : "you garbage all" but if you see, the number of pages in the support forum 's section, you can see we not garbage topics more than you say Wink

(le délestage automatique n'est pas activé dans la corbeille, c'est peut-être pour ça que tu as l'impression qu'on corbeille beaucoup mais il y a des topics depuis 2005 Smile)
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 17th 2007, 8:31 pm

cailhem
cailhaim
calheim
celham
calhim

You kow, better call me Mike, it'll avoid this list getting any longer Wink Laughing

That's the problem when you don't tranlate, someone (in occurance me) might miss out a bit

Why not garbage all?
Rules = Respected => All good
= Not Repected => Sanction

Seems simple enough no? Mr. Green

About your exact level in english, as I said to another member, don't worry, we're ot here to judge you in english Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 8:41 pm

About your exact level in english, as I said to another member, don't worry, we're ot here to judge you in english
thinx so

Rules = Respected => All good
= Not Repected => Sanction

Applicated the rules ok, but you should be nice with the new members.

It's not good method, and you have the example of a member digital he leave the forum of the forums in this moment.
It's a new member..

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 17th 2007, 8:49 pm

If Digital didn't appreciate my action towards his post/problem, he can talk about it in his ow steed Wink

And as I said to him a few posts earlier:

I can understand the frustration you had, but then again, rules aren't written eiter to be pretty or to make the form sound fancy
I'm personnally convinced, and will forever be, that it wouldn't have happened if you had taken but 5 minutes to read them

Meaning: Read them rules [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... - Page 2 Redface
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 9:00 pm

He is moderator and he know now the rules.

But he 's shocked by your method and he's a new member.

Change your method, it's more best, no? Smile

et je ne m'adresse pas seulement à toi, mais à tout le staff anglais.

If you don't accept any critic and any change, what's the objective of this topic? > Nothing.

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 9:04 pm

Who, in the teeam, says we don't accept criticism ? Nobody Smile

I think (but it's only my opinion) that you're not regularly here so you can't assert all the member of the team are "hard" with the new members.

I repeat, we don't garbage too much, auto-pruning is disabled, only the topics with spam, who are solved or who are turning on off-topic are garbaged Wink

Last edited by on January 17th 2007, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 9:10 pm

Tristou wrote:

As Cailem said, we can't change anything, this "problem" was reporterd only a few hours ago and we are not 2 to decide, were are a team, that is to say we decide together Wink

But it's you Tristou who say ..

And this is a problem, very important, so you should be delete this "" to say problem. Wink

admin** Smile
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 9:13 pm

I would like to say : we can't change now, at the minute Smile

I don't think it's really a problem, I said to Caihlem to be careful with the new members Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** January 17th 2007, 9:20 pm

Tristou wrote:I would like to say : we can't change now, at the minute Smile

I don't think it's really a problem, I said to Caihlem to be careful with the new members Wink

I think that it's really problem.
You should be careful with the new members, and calhlem is not the only concern but all the staff Smile

I leave, i have a support so.

bye

admin**
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 9:23 pm

But I said too, you're not here regularly to affirm all the staff is hard with the members.

And I said too :

I said to Caihlem to be careful with the new members

So, not a problem now, if a member of the staff is hard with th members, I will speack with hilm/her to be careful Smile
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 17th 2007, 9:28 pm

Caihlem wrote:Well, we haven't really had any time to change anything, we're ot wizards you know Wink
And, true, as in te french one, you moan, you difflame, you assume, and you don't help...

It was me who said it...

calhlem
=> I did say to call me Mike to avid further name smashing Laughing

Good luck forthe support on ArabActif Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou January 17th 2007, 10:07 pm

Topic reopened, I hope I won't be allowed to lock a second time...

May I remind you that conflicts are to be kept in private, there's P.M's for that matter. This is not the goal of the topic...

First and last warning
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by lockelymarkets January 18th 2007, 12:43 am

Caihlem, can I ask you a question?

Why do you have to lock every thread just because its "flooding" yet the discussion is directly related to the topic subject?
lockelymarkets
lockelymarkets
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : English, French and German. Please PM for MSN address.

http://transit.forumzen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 18th 2007, 7:39 am

Well, let's look at it from my view shall we Smile

This forum's (as a whole) primary aim is to provide support. Therefore, there's the support section.
In the rules, it seems pretty clear that one shoul only post there to ask and/or provide support.
That is why, when I see a topic turn into "flood" (I agree I probably do use that word too often) I warn then lock.

Discussions are meant to be here, not in the support section.
Parallel to that, when someone asks support here, I lock it too Wink

Support is support, discussions are discussions, related to the topic or not, these lines stay very defined in my book.

A possibility to avoid this sort of thing could be to havea few more only topics here such as a suggestions topic so as that even when it's closed, people can still talk about it, for example.
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next