The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

+3
Tristou
marx123
skorpy
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... - Page 3 Empty [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

Post by skorpy December 29th 2006, 9:46 am

First topic message reminder :

https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1780

It was'nt a flood,Was Just my opinion actually.I was chatting in general...you guys need to simmer instead of making half of us look and feel bad for making comments that are innocent.I was just trying to help.
skorpy
skorpy
Forumember

Female Posts : 323
Language : 33

http://babytalk.megabb.com/

Back to top Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... - Page 3 Empty Re: [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

Post by lockelymarkets January 18th 2007, 8:51 am

Ok so can I start a new topic in this section discussing the post count option?
lockelymarkets
lockelymarkets
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : English, French and German. Please PM for MSN address.

http://transit.forumzen.com

Back to top Go down

[Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,... - Page 3 Empty Re: [Only topic] Moderation : discussions, criticism, thanks,...

Post by Caihlem January 18th 2007, 11:10 am

But of course you can Laughing
The discussions categoy is meant formembers to be able to discuss things.
It's for te creation of 'only-topics' you'd need permission for Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by marx123 January 18th 2007, 11:23 pm

digital wrote:Caihlem

in first , i dont have something against you .

i was only new member need help >> but what happend is that u send my topic to the garbage ..

bye ^^ have a nice day

digital

wah!!!
cmon
you can join the chat and help others too...
gee for me i was such a noob but i niticed the members here and the staffs are nice...like Caihlem *freaking so awesome!!!!* of course brother Paul too

i notice that brother Paul is from Philippines..
whew ..

Caihlem even help me according the insults from my forum from another forum used by vbulletin....

I love this guys! thumleft
marx123
marx123
Forumember

Male Posts : 309
Language : english , pilipino, french(al ittle)

http://www.battlerealms.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 3rd 2007, 3:13 pm

I'm allowing myself to up (or re-awaken) this topic as what has happened last night seems to have unearthed a few problems...

Caihlem wrote:Keeping a good communication between forum and staff members, an essentiel point of the support system...

If anyone has some points they would like to discuss, it would be good if thy could post it here Wink

Criticism is usefull if it brings up some ideas for improvement and is explained.

And I'd rather a calm discussion where everyone can, at least try to, find a compromise than a eated arguement whichin the end doen't serve anyone Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 3rd 2007, 5:51 pm

Now I have a real problem with this site.

I received a pm with bad language. I notified the administration, the administration replied and said that the user that sent me a pm was right in his pm about a situation even if he used bad language.

I firmly believe that there is; at no point, the use of bad language is OK.

Last night in the topic that was the cause of the reawaking of this topic I may have come across as too strong.

I want to clarify that I do indeed like the folks who provide the free site and believe that it is one one the best. I was just pointing out some problems I seen with this site.

My point about no English moderators is that there were many times that I could not understand the moderators explanation that he/she gave to resolve a support issue. I have nothing against the French people their speech, etc..

But may I ask is there a mod besides Katt that is from North America-South America time zone? If not there should be as it will help resolve the issue of topics not being replied to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 3rd 2007, 6:17 pm

Well, I personnally think it would be ridiculous to take in a new team member on the basis of his time zone...

In any case, I can assure you, most of the support requests are done during the European timezones Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** March 4th 2007, 3:11 pm

Caihlem wrote:Well, I personnally think it would be ridiculous to take in a new team member on the basis of his time zone...

Why? :/
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 4th 2007, 3:53 pm

Because you take a member for other things:
- Is he/she any good in Support?
- Can he/she keep his head cool in 'tough' times?
- Can he/she adapt to situations?
- Can he/she work as a team and express himself?
- Is he/she a nice person?

Choosing only by tim zone is like saying: "Oh, there's mre male moderators than female moderators, let's pick a woman" -_-
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** March 4th 2007, 4:16 pm

yes it's a risk (i have a beautiful experience with the term= confiance in my moderators)

But also a persons merit this post so don't abandon there because they would help Wink

----

Si personne ne m'a compris: en gros; il y'a des personnes qui sont là méritant le post, ne passez pas à côté! Wink
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 4th 2007, 4:21 pm

We sure won't, but for the time being, we don't feel the need for another team member.
And besides, the most likely person in my book flipped just recently, and we need time to be sure of the member...
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** March 4th 2007, 4:43 pm

yes yes..

Smile
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou March 4th 2007, 4:49 pm

As I said an an other topic

Tristou wrote:One of the admin is the fondator and he has many things to do for the forum, that's why I'm admin here, I manage the forum and he works for the forums.
For the last account, that's an account mostly used for the graphic contests but sometimes, it's used for moderation.

This is not a question of timezone. We don't have to be 24h/24 here, we have a social life and sometimes we can't be on the forum,, you must accept it, it's like this in all the forum. And when we can be here (hopefully, it happend), we do our best to help the members but we are humans not machines.
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by admin** March 4th 2007, 4:54 pm

yes of corse

i said yes because i know that all. Wink

Just a suggest small^^

Smile
admin**

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3