The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Block certain forums and sub-forums from certain members [Solved]

3 posters

Go down

Block certain forums and sub-forums from certain members [Solved] Empty Block certain forums and sub-forums from certain members [Solved]

Post by XGC strongbad June 6th 2008, 11:54 am

Hey, I'm new to phpbb 3, so I honestly have no idea how to do this.
I am running a clan forum, and want to allow other people (mostly friends of our clan) to register so they can be identified by the other users, but I want to make certain areas of the forum available only to the members of my clan. How can I do this? I looked around and the only way I have seen to do this is to make all of my clan members admins, and I obviously don't want to do that. I am figuring it has something to do with usergroups or ranks, just don't know which and how. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
XGC strongbad

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Block certain forums and sub-forums from certain members [Solved] Empty Re: Block certain forums and sub-forums from certain members [Solved]

Post by Sir-Duke June 6th 2008, 5:06 pm

dont make them admins , just create a group
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584
Language : english

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Block certain forums and sub-forums from certain members [Solved] Empty Re: Block certain forums and sub-forums from certain members [Solved]

Post by XGC strongbad June 6th 2008, 11:22 pm

Thanks for trying to help, but I don't understand how to block off certain parts of the board so only certain usergroups can see them.
XGC strongbad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke June 7th 2008, 12:09 am

create the groups , and then add members to those groups. after that just mess with permissions for that group Smile
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584
Language : english

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Post by XGC strongbad June 7th 2008, 6:32 am

Okay I found it, it was under the permissions for the forums not the groups. Thanks though!
Mod/Admin: you may lock this one since it is solved.
XGC strongbad

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky June 7th 2008, 8:59 am

Since this topic appears to be solved, I will lock it and mark it as solved.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down