The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sending email to members

2 posters

Go down

Sending email to members Empty Sending email to members

Post by Merlin333 September 3rd 2008, 11:54 pm

I just tried to email my members and received a message indicating it can't be done?

I have no idea what the problem is??
Merlin333
Merlin333
Forumember

Male Posts : 147
Language : English

http://www.merlin333.bigforumlive.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Sending email to members Empty Re: Sending email to members

Post by zakir321 September 4th 2008, 2:05 am

Are you sending newsletters or from an email box that you have created after purchasing a custom domain? Sounds like a temporary problem anyway...
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Sending email to members Empty Re: Sending email to members

Post by Merlin333 October 13th 2008, 1:07 am

I do not have a custom domain. It appears there is some restriction as to volume and frequency of sending e-mails. Frequently I cannot send multiple e-mails without restriction and frequently the editor "dumps" the document and all of my work and returns me to the main menu for no apparent reason.

The email system works very poorly. Spacing and layout often reformats after previewing, tags are visible,entering HTML coded banners often has unpredictable results, the email actually sent is formatted differently from the preview and various other anomalies. This happens in all popular browsers (Opera0.5.9.6, IE 7.0/8.0, Firefox2.0/3.03, Flock, Chrome, Safari) Opera occasionally "hangs up", preventing data entry. Copying a document created in the email editor and pasting as a post in the forum has unpredictable results, sometimes HTML and tags are visible and requires additional editing.

This is not a temporary problem - I write a least 1 newsletter a day and each is an adventure. I absolutely must copy the entire document to insure not losing it in case there is a catastrophic (the work is dumped) problem.

???
Merlin333
Merlin333
Forumember

Male Posts : 147
Language : English

http://www.merlin333.bigforumlive.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down